Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Husband Spends Money A Lot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Spends Money A Lot (2138 Views)

HELP! Her Husband Spends Her Money On His Side Chick / How Do You Feel When Your Husband Spends Most Of His Time Glued To His Phone? / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Spends Money A Lot by ucheawesom: 4:35am On Jul 20, 2010
Well, my husband just spends a lot for our good.
True,he spends money on the things he feels are good for his home and he knows his wife will love to have.
But the problem is dat right now we are kinda low financially and need to moderate our spending.
Unforunately a lot of times my husband forgets dis.
i used to tell him but some time ago he bought me some presents and i did some mental calculation on the cost and told him he could have left that stuff as it was too costly,but his face went down and he went on to tell me that he goes out and buys the things he knows i love and will make our home good and i complain rather than appreciate him.i had to stop dat.

Recently we agreed on the amt of money to spend on a car and off he went o get it.Suprisingly he came bak only tell me he spent an extra 1000dollars for it.I said thats quite much and he said yes but that good stuff.i said ok.
The following day he came home and told me he was doing some maths and found out he had spent too much on the car and we might end up not having money for our rent that was due in a few days.I didnt know wat to say.
Fortunatly,we had some stuff we have been trying to sell and some one came and bought dem and we raised money.
Now i am just thinkling if not for dat we would have been stranded and we will be in trouble.

i think this needs to stop cos if not sooner or later we will be in some real trouble and i dont want dat.how do i go abt dis without sounding like  a nag?
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by globaljobs(m): 9:23am On Jul 20, 2010
One way to deal with the problem is to take charge of the purchases yourself.

For example, all my clothes are bought by my wife. I just give her the money and she goes and buys what she will love to see on me.

Offer to buy stuff for the family. Tell him to trust your judgement. And surprise him with quality stuff that cost less.

After awhile he may see that you shop better than he does and he will naturally let you handle that.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by luap: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2010
yes, we all have to be persistent at changing our spending habits. Give it time to slow down.
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by mamagee3(f): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
I think you should make your husband spend less money.

Inorder to be able to provide for you and your family.
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2010
It's sad but people like that can only learn from experience. He'll never truly understand your concerns untill you guys get stranded . . .  really stranded!

You really dont have any choice, you have to nage him out of it! And when it comes to really expensive shooping, insist on going with him. Like when he bought d car, you should have been dere. I've gone to buy a car myself and I know how tempting it can be to exceed your budget in d misdst of nice cars; and I wasn't  an excessive spender!

Try to create a saftey net for you guys. Something you guys can fall back on if things get really bad. And he doesn't need to know about it!
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by zenatta: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2010
my heart goes out to you, but truth is your husband is one of us, spendaholics.

It is an illness a mental one that cannot be nagged or wished away. he needs to realise he has a problem and take it from there. Even after prayer he takes action, good intentions don't help.

He will need you, a lot but if you arbitrarily take over the management of your finances be ready for a fight and him turning against you because you see we always feel we can contain the situation. Lie. One day you will wake up and no money for food.

I am not telling tales by moonlight or have a desire to scare you. Be weary cos he would say sensible things concerning money yet he has no ability to maintain. He just cannot, cos he is horribly handicapped.
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by Ladyjide(f): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
You can try and take over the financial aspect of your household, by using the money to pay all of your bills FIRST, and then using what is left over for some of these purchases he is making, Perhaps sit down, and develop a budget for the household, and present it to him, and see what he says, It does not hurt to try! He may like the fact that you took the initiative and will go for it.
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by Iranoladun(f): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2010
Take charge of your finances and plese have a bail-out fund separately because your husband spend money like water!
Re: My Husband Spends Money A Lot by Romeo4real(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
Havent we dealt with this issue already?

(1) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Spanking A Child . / I Don't Love My Hubby, What Should I Do? / How Much Can Mother's Love For Her Child Be Compared? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.