Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent (27716 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / My 2month-old Baby Fed Baby Food Without My Consent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Okpuzu01(m): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
I am happily married with one kid. My problem is that, my in laws v been mounting pressure on my wife for money. She gives money to them without my consent. I opened up a business wich eventually collapsed as a result of my wife giving her parents money from the business. Her whole families are depending on her to survive. I v seen that we can't make any meaningful progress in life if things continue the way they are. I v talked to my wife severally and yet, she is not ready to change. I am thinking of taking another wife.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by wrench: 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
And you think the next wife won't do same?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Ab025(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Bros, talk more with her on how to find a lastin solution to her parent's financial problem. Maybe u guys shud open a shop for her parents and after that, they shud be in charge of the shop and use whatever money comes from it...

Just think abt how to solve the problem once and for all.

26 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Phranciz(m): 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Is the business her or yours or for the both of you.

because I feel its bad telling her not to take care of the people that brought her up to the point you saw her to marry. How would you feel if she tells you to not to help financially your mum, dad or sibling.
My advise to you is to talk to her and make her understand priorities so she can know when your home needs money and let her not send money for frivolous activities if there is not much.

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Okpuzu01(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okpuzu01: I am happily married with one kid. My problem is that, my in laws v been mounting pressure on my wife for money. She gives money to them without my consent. I opened up a business wich eventually collapsed as a result of my wife giving her parents money from the business. Her whole families are depending on her to survive. I v seen that we can't make any meaningful progress in life if things continue the way they are. I v talked to my wife severally and yet, she is not ready to change. I am thinking of taking another wife.
I am saying dat she shuld nt give her people money but I must be informed. Wotever I do for my mum, I let her know about it. We still have along way to go. Kids are coming, house rents n feedings are there. She has brothers who v grown to work to support their parents bt wnt work. They all believe in asking for money from her. I opened d business for her. Without my consent, she took money from it to pay her parents house rent.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by onuwaje(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Do the same to ur parents and siblings also

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
As the first child in my family, i knw wat ur wife is going tru. I ve my mom and siblings too. But, i apply wit caution.

she shld knw she is now married. The husband shld come first, esp wen is the hubby that gave the money to be invested.

Op, just talk to her, let her knw if she misuse the money again, then, she will have to sit at home and do nothing.

Lets see hw she will get money to give her siblings and parents.

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
You have my support!
MARRY ANOTHER WIFE AND DO IT QUICK! cool

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by bluuu: 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
why not take the topic to family section,you can get more practical advice.
#just saying#
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by jaybee3(m): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
You can't divorce your wife because of money management issues (that's exactly what it is).
Draw up a monthly budget and give her a fixed monthly allowance. It's up to her to use the monthly allowance on her family

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by mysticgal(f): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
so how does throwing away your happy home and wife solve the problem,ok lets be more practical,we know its wrong giving out the money without your consent,have you asked yourself why? maybe she knows you won't agree even if she tells you or probably knows you would drive her out of the house if you knew,anyway you know now and you are thinking about taking a second wife.
Okidoki why don't you give her a monthly allowance as jaybee said,and be more freehanded hmm or better still plan how much you both would give to her family,and encourage her people to dust their lazy asses and start working.smiley
Finally please keep your happy home and forget marrying a second time.

my 2 cedis

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Giving her parents money from the business without your consent is wrong, but if she had told you , would you have said no and allowed her parents get evicted from their house?. The damage has been done already, talk to your wife and let her know the consequences of her actions.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Kanwulia: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Without your consent ke?
Please, let her open a separate account. So she can spend her OWN money WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT simple! kiss

I taya for all this MGBEKE-OKONGWU marriages and CHRISLAMIC unions I swear. angry

NAAAANSENZZZZE!!!!

Consent my CLINTORIS! Mtcheeeeeeeew!!!!
Why didn't you marry a GOAT instead? undecided

16 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by bellong: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okpuzu01: I am thinking of taking another wife.

grin grin grin

When it got to this part, I stopped taking the story serious....

Please send the IV when its time.... Congrats in advance

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Yes o!
This is the kind of news I lv to hear this xmas period!
Poster pls when is the trado?
I wanna tie my gele o!
Ashebi nko?
Venue? Don't worry I will pay my t fare!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lmao @ consent my clintoris grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Another wife because your wife gives money to her family without your consent. Dude you sound confused.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by LMAyedun(m): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2013
onuwaje: Do the same to ur parents and siblings also
Gbam!!!
Let her knw how such action feels.
Her action is disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by greatestluv4all: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2013
Cutting the head to relief headache....good option.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by ednut1(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2013
I will neva marry a broke ass gal

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by fitzmayowa: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2013
andromida: Another wife because your wife gives money to her family without your consent. Dude you sound confused.

Someone looking for a flimsy excuse to take a second wife...

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by otokx(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2013
Happily married indeed.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by extremelygolden: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2013
You can still dialogue with her again. Let her know how much you love your in-laws.
Tell her you're of the opinion that she should be prudent in her spendings in order for
both of you to save hard for the future, especially for the children's education and
upbringing.

Tell her words in such a way that she'll naturally realize that whatever you're saying
is not because you hate her family, but because of how much you love her and the kids.
And how your desire is that you two will be so financially stable in the nearest future that
taking care of her whole family wouldn't be a big deal afterall.

If she is a wise woman, she'll reason with you. The book of Proverbs Chapter 14 vs 1 says:
"The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands".

But taking a second wife? Don't try that, bros. That is if you really want to live long.
Managing one is not easy, then tell me how you'll cope when they become two?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Temismith(f): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2013
tongue
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by xynerise: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2013
You want to take another wife because your wife is taking your position as the man of the house? Mr. Man you should be ashamed of yourself. Since you have found out, what you need to do is to find stop her from having access to your business account until you both find solution to her extravagant spending.
Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by jmoore(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2013
How much will it take you to marry another wife?

Bros, tell us the truth abeg.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by slimthugchimee(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2013
Just kill her

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by sexymoma(f): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2013
Lol my can't you just tell us you are tired of ya wife's poonahni
And you wanna take a new wife.
Instead of giving baseless excuses.
angry

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Born2beRich1(m): 9:56am On Dec 16, 2013
Never marry someone who will bring all her family burdens on your shoulders except you have the financial capacity to handle them all...OP all i can say is pele..it is well...BTW dont think of marrying another wife becos of this...Look for a solution instead of compounding your woes.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 16, 2013
Taking another wife is not a solution.... The solution to this is YOU.

You didn't do your survey too well before marriage and well, you are now into it and there is no way out of it. My advice for you is this... Let it stick to your head henceforth that you are the breadwinner of your immediate family and any other business you create reports to you directly and not your wife. More so, do not have a joint account with her and let her know that her business MUST bring food to the table (as that is the minimal expected from a wife).

If symptoms persists, kindly seek a spiritual father.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spends Money On Her Parents And Sibling Without My Consent by paparazzi1987(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2013
Getting another wife will only make it worst.
Just make sure you did not exceed your budget to her (i.e Weekly,Monthly or yearly budget)
If you are given her 25K every month stick to it.Even if she is damn broke
after spending part of those money for her family, give her zero naira (0N)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son? / Boy Who Ran Away From Home In Abakiliki To Aba For Survival Suffering (Photos) / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.