Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe (11436 Views)

Bwala To Fubara: Demolish Wike's Properties Not On Masterplan / Kano Governor-Elect Will Review Sanusi’s Dethronement, Says Kwankwaso / Adeleke: I’ll Provide Private Jet For Ooni’s Trips If Elected Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by naijapikin04(m): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2018
Venerable Funso Awe, the governorship candidate of the National Conscience Party (NCP) in Lagos State, has said that if he is elected, he will review the state’s masterplan as the existing one has become obsolete.

Awe, who spoke in Lagos, maintained that any masterplan or a development plan that has existed for about 20 years should be improved upon to take care of developments in modern times as well as emerging trends.

Commending Bola Ahmed Tinubu for putting together some experts to draw a materplan for Lagos State when he was the governor, the governorship candidate stressed that a lot of things have changed since the plan came into existence.

He said: “I believe that we are in a fast moving generation where things develop fast. Whatever masterplan you had 20 years ago will be obsolete by now. I wonder how many of us are still using phones they bought 20 years ago.

“What we are using now after Nokia 2010 is modern. If you are using a car 20 years ago, that model would have become obsolete.

“When you talk of a Lagos masterplan, it should have undergone a review by now. We intend to review every aspect of Lagos. We shall have a new Lagos masterplan.”

Ven. Awe, an Anglican priest and activist, maintained that the new masterplan for Lagos, which he envisaged, would take into cognisance the economic, social and political aspects of Lagos.
“A child of 20 years ago must be in the university now. A professor of 20 years ago must have retired. Twenty years ago is a generation. That generation of Lagos when the Lagos masterplan was put together is gone.

“If I become the Lagos State governor, a team of a new generation of Lagosians will be put together to put up a new masterplan for Lagos,” he stated.

Officials of the state government and the APC have always spoken of the Lagos masterplan put in place by Tinubu during his tenure, which is expected to last 50 years.

They maintain that Tinubu and his successors have continued to follow the masterplan for the development of the state, hence the state had become a mega city.

But, the issue of Lagos masterplan came to the fore once more during the recent APC governorship primaries when Tinubu said that one of the reasons the party’s major stakeholders and leaders refused to give the incumbent Governor Akinwunmi Ambode a second term ticket was that he tampered with the state’s original masterplan.

Awe said that while former Governor Tinubu should be commended for giving the state a strong political platform, he stressed that the APC leader had become afraid of losing his hegemony and strong grip of the politics of the state to the younger generation.

He added: “Lagos masterplan is not generally a Lagos masterplan. It is Bola Tinubu’s masterplan. I have a lot of respect for Tinubu. You do not underestimate your opponents.

“But, Tinubu is afraid of losing his control and hegemony of Lags to someone younger, hence the treatment Ambode received.”

He added that the former Lagos State governor Raji Fashola tampered with the masterplan without Tinubu and the other APC leaders raising an eyebrow then.

https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/11/01/will-review-lagos-masterplan-elected-governor-awe

1 Like

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2018
naso.com

4 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Samuelojonla123(m): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2018
Noted
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Oyindidi(f): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2018
Go siddon.com grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by herdjerd: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2018
Who be dis one again ooo

5 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2018
Hungrymansized masterplan.com

5 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by rabazamba: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2018
Oyindidi:
Go siddon.com grin

undecided
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by tgmservice: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2018
Abeg next

See his head like a failed master plan

6 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by ShitHead(m): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2018
This hungry cat.

He should review the master plan of poverty in his life first.

Agbaya.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Oyindidi(f): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by tolexy007(m): 10:24am On Nov 01, 2018
grin grin grin y u no review ur sitting room master plan first

5 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Omololu001: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2018
You have to also review how much has been spent on the Lagos light rail.
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Egein(m): 10:24am On Nov 01, 2018
First of all, who you be? See faded suit like lesson teacher wey Yahaya Bello dey owe like 67 months salary.

10 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by rabazamba: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2018
Oyindidi:
angry

You no kuku dey Lagos angry
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by FaithOba1(f): 10:24am On Nov 01, 2018
grin

Just say you want to collect money from Tinubu
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2018
Clown

1 Like

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Oyindidi(f): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2018
rabazamba:

You no kuku dey Lagos angry
Watin that one come mean?
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by technuel: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2018
What master plan could he have that will be better than the one on ground abi he don't know about new Lagos with world class master plan except he I'd referring to Lagos mainland which is a hard but to crack in terms of changing its obsolete master plan.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Easysolution(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2018
Who is this
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Omotaday(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2018
This one is not ready yet. He was praising Tinubu througout the post instead of telling us what he has to offer.
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Ayobami7(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2018
this is my comment
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by rabazamba: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2018
Oyindidi:
Watin that one come mean?

E mean say make you no shook ya pretty mouth for Lagos matter.
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Oyindidi(f): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2018
rabazamba:

E mean say make you no shook ya pretty mouth for Lagos matter.
Comot for my mention before I plank you angry
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by neezar: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2018
Oyindidi:
angry
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Originalsly: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2018
Hmmm.....the Master Plan is obsolete. ..but he will review it? ... What's with this Master Plan?...must everything be grandiose? ... why not a Master Plan for one infrastructure that can be carried out within his term?....roads?...drainage?...electricity?
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2018
Hmmm... there u go again!
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by rabazamba: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2018
Oyindidi:

Plank your yansh first.
How my pikin?
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by Kaybaba5(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2018
Na Plan for his stomach
Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by allanphash7(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2018
Who be this one again?

Re: I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe by dadebayo1(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2018
Certificate of participation is what he will get.. grin some will just waste space on ballot paper for nothing.. Deep within him he knows he cannot win... Sincerely i dont even understand why we have about 90political parties? What for?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Group, Lawyer Colleagues Support Barr. Morah For House Of Representatives / Buhari Yet To Make Up His Mind Over Presidential Debate — Presidency / Many Killed As Bandits Hit Yet Another Village In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.