Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

#BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom (59127 Views)

My Prayer For Trinitarians / Prayer For Nigeria In Distress / 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by yinkbell: 2:13am On Jun 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11657840_capturecreatenewtopic_pngfc37d3a547595e9e138308e78ad58bf1

God bless you my brother. Can you see the "Create New Topic" like the one I posted up there in the religion page? If you can click on it and fire on. Let me now how far you've gone with it. smiley

Thanks bro. have gotten that. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
yinkbell:

Thanks bro. have gotten that. God bless you sir.

You are welcome, anytime. smiley
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Bible Study (June 08, 2020) Saints' Watchfulness And Readiness For Christ's Coming (Mark 13:24-37)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znePkPiwBmU
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Preparation Of The Last Passover (June 15, 2020)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE0uifcf6PI
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
Christ’s Supplication Before His Vicarious Sacrifice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5NktuKyyB0
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bible Study (June 29, 2020) The Betrayal Of The Prince Of Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjYu8bcNZc4
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Bible Study (June 29, 2020) The Betrayal Of The Prince Of Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjYu8bcNZc4

The Betrayal Of The Prince Of Peace.
Mark 14:43-52

The Steps of the crucifixion of Christ.

The Betrayal of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mark 14:43-52 KJV
And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders. [44] And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely. [45] And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him. [46] And they laid their hands on him, and took him. [47] And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear. [48] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me? [49] I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled. [50] And they all forsook him, and fled. [51] And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body ; and the young men laid hold on him: [52] And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

Christ the Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:7 KJV
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

He is the One that has come to procure peace in our inner man,

The Betrayal Of The Prince Of Peace.

1. The Betrayer

Mark 14:43-45 KJV
And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders. [44] And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely. [45] And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him.

Why do we say it's the betrayal by the son of perdition?

John 17:12 KJV
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Characteristics of this son of perdition.

i) The caution of the betrayer.

ii) The covetousness of the betrayer.

Matthew 26:15 KJV
And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

Judas is here negotiating with the Pharisees. Shame of Judas Iscariot. He was going to sell Jesus of the price of a slave.

Matthew 26:16 KJV
And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.

The attitude of the covetous.

iii) The conduct of a betrayer.

Matthew 26:48 KJV
Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.

Because He Has power.

Matthew 26:49-50 KJV
And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed him. [50] And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him.

Yet as a friend he loved money more than Christ who gave him gift in healing, to succeed in ministry. He was acting like a friend but was an enemy. A friendly foe.

iv) The cohorts of the betrayer

Mark 14:44 KJV
And he that betrayed him had given them a token, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he; take him, and lead him away safely.

John 18:5 KJV
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.

He had changed his fellowship, no more in fellowship with the disciples of Christ.

v) The consultation with the betrayer

Matthew 26:2-4 KJV
Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified. [3] Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, [4] And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him.

Can you think of a real disciple consulting with those who wanted Jesus crucified?

Luke 22:3-4 KJV
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve. [4] And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.

It was a premeditated action. He negotiated with them.

Luke 22:5-6 KJV
And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money. [6] And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.

vi) The callousness of the betrayer

Matthew 24:10 KJV
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

He loved money more than he loved the Lord.

Matthew 24:11 KJV
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

There will be deception, hypocrisy that will lead to betrayal.

Matthew 24:12 KJV
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

His love had waxed cold. When your love waxes cold you will do anything that will lead to the betrayal of Christ.

1 Chronicles 12:17 KJV
And David went out to meet them, and answered and said unto them, If ye be come peaceably unto me to help me, mine heart shall be knit unto you: but if ye be come to betray me to mine enemies, seeing there is no wrong in mine hands, the God of our fathers look thereon, and rebuke it.

Betrayal did not start at the time of Jesus Christ it will continue even till the last day.

2 Timothy 3:1-4 KJV
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. [2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, [3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, [4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

The Lord revealed the conduct of the betrayer.

vi)The condemnation of the betrayer

Matthew 27:3-5 KJV
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, [4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. [5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

If we confess our sins to God He is merciful to forgive. How can a sinner pardon a sinner. If you are going to be forgive you confess your sin to God.

Acts 1:16-20 KJV
Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. [17] For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. [18] Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. [19] And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood. [20] For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Acts 1:25 KJV
That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Psalm 41:9 KJV
Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.

Psalm 55:12-14 KJV
For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it : neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him: [13] But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. [14] We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.

Psalm 109:6-8 KJV
Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand. [7] When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin. [8] Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

Prophecy that will come to Judas and all those who will follow in the same example.

2. The Breach of Scripture Despite Prohibition

Mark 14:47 KJV
And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

Without prayer and watchfulness we might fall into what Jesus warned us of.

Genesis 9:6 KJV
Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Revelation 13:10 KJV
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

i) The Carnal weapon used by a prayerless warrior

Mark 14:47 KJV
And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 KJV
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)

There are things that happen in the natural world but we do not use the carnal weapons of the world. When something happens to your child you do not depend on carnal methods but prayer.

1 Corinthians 6:1-10 KJV
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? [2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? [3] Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? [4] If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. [5] I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? [6] But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. [7] Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? [8] Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. [9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

You do not employ carnal methods to solve spiritual problems.

Leaders, brothers goes to law before unbelievers.

Telling us not to apply

ii) Christ's warning against prohibited warfare

Matthew 26:52 KJV
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Luke 22:49-51 KJV
When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword? [50] And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear. [51] And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

John 18:36 KJV
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The Lord wants us to watch over our feelings and actions and reactions when somebody has hurt you or somebody that you love (Your wife/husband/child).

iii) Courageous watchfulness in this present world.

Jesus Christ was courageous. We who are Christians should not say we are watchful like a coward or a victim. Don't revenge but be courageous. You will not cry before the devil but remain courageous.

1 Peter 2:19-22 KJV
For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. [20] For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. [21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

You don't negotiate with evil doers. You pray. Follow in His steps. If you are coward, confrontational, crushed, conflicts, getting angry but calm, cool, courageous and stand your ground and following the scriptures and want the scriptures be fulfilled in your lives.

You will not sin when temptation, trial and betrayal comes.

1 Peter 2:23 KJV
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

The graciousness of suffering quietly. Don't threaten because we are suffering. We must be courageous and be watchful over our attitude, over our hearts. May the Lord continue to give us the grace to be what the Lord wants us to be.

3. The Basis Of The Surrender Of the Prince

Mark 14:48-52 KJV
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me? [49] I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled. [50] And they all forsook him, and fled. [51] And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body ; and the young men laid hold on him: [52] And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

i) The indomitable supremacy of the supernatural prince

Matthew 26:53-54 KJV
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? [54] But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

John 18:4-6 KJV
Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? [5] They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. [6] As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

His presence demonstrated the power of the almighty.

ii) His indispensable surrender despite supreme power

John 10:17-18 KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

He gave Himself because He thought about our salvation more than His suffering.

He did it voluntary because it is necessary and indispensable.

iii) The indescribable sacrifice of the solitary priest

Mark 14:50-52 KJV
And they all forsook him, and fled. [51] And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body ; and the young men laid hold on him: [52] And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

Jesus bore it all alone. He is our High Priest, He laid down for us.

John 16:32 KJV
Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Every word Jesus had predicted had come to pass.

Hebrews 9:7,11-12,14-15,22,27-28 KJV
But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people: [11] But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; [12] Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. [14] How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? [15] And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. [22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. [27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: [28] So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 5:2 KJV
And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. [5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; [6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Titus 2:14 KJV
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42am On Jul 08, 2020
Bible Study (July 06, 2020) || The Unjust Trial Of The Just
Mark 14:53:-6; Acts 2:23; 7:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhaw5Gh2Pc
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bible Study (July 13, 2020) || The Downward And The Upward Paths Of A Christian Pilgrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m3ETEa4SD0
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
Bible Study (July 20, 2020) || Christ, the Heavenly Prince before an Earthly Pilate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqZ5W2t1FwU
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bible Study (July 27, 2020) || The Substitutionary Suffering Of the Crucified Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzmn0kMKnZk
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2020

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2020
Bible Study (August 03, 2020) || So Great Salvation Through His Great Suffering
Mark 15:33-41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6j50XVvr1I

Christ had a great suffering to be our Substitute, Saviour, sin-Bearer and final Sacrifice for everyone. John the Baptist had said, by the Spirit of God, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." To achieve that, Christ became the sacrificial, suffering, slain and smitten Lamb. Through His great suffering, we earned His great salvation.

1. THE MYSTERY OF HIS SAYINGS ON THE CROSS
Mark 15:33,34

Mark recorded the first thing Christ said on the cross. Then Matthew, Luke and John added other details to reveal to us the seven sayings of Christ on the cross. They are:

i. “My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?”
Mark 15:34; Psalm 22:1a,6-8,14-18; Isaiah 53:6,8; 1 Peter 3:18

All that happened to Christ had been predicted and prophesied in the Scriptures. David's writing more than a thousand years before was about the Messiah. That is why Psalm 22 is referred to as the Messianic Psalm. Thus, Christ was forsaken because our load of sin, shame and punishment was laid on Him.

ii. “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”
Luke 23:34; Acts 5:30,31; 1 Thessalonians 2:15,16; 2 Peter 3:9

Christ has made intercession and brought forgiveness for all sinners. Those sinners who crucified Him did not know the decision of the almighty God from the foundation of the world concerning Christ’s death. Although they thought they were getting rid of Him, they never knew that was His path to be our Saviour, sovereign Lord and King. But He prayed for them.

Forgiveness comes as a gift from Christ. As people come to Him, He makes them to repent genuinely. However, the prayer of Jesus does not give automatic forgiveness. There must be repentance before forgiveness of sin. Those responsible for His crucifixion were not forgiven because they continued to perpetrate their evil and were “contrary to all men,” the Father and to Christ. Therefore, the wrath of God “is come upon them to the uttermost.”

iii. “Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise."
Luke 23:41-43; Hebrews 7:25,26; 13:8; Romans 10:9,10,13

The thief on the cross did not have the privilege of being baptized with water but he believed in the Lord. He never had the opportunity of taking the Lord's Supper or to do restitution because he was dying on the cross. He confessed he was suffering for his wrong deeds. However, the sacrifice and shedding of the blood of Christ brought total salvation to him. His body was taken down and eventually buried, but his spirit and soul went immediately to heaven. This means when a believer dies, immediately, he is taken from earth to heaven.

iv. “Woman, behold thy son! Behold thy mother!”
John 19:26,27; 1 Timothy 5:4; Matthew 25:40; Ephesians 6:2,3

Christ was going to heaven, leaving His mother on earth. But He did not leave the mother just like that. He handed her to John who “took her unto his own home.” We must not forget our parents. We should take care of and honour them because that is the first commandment with promise.

v. “I thirst.”
John 19:28,29; Psalm 69:21; John 4:13,14; Matthew 5:6; John 7:37-39

Christ made this statement because He was to fulfil the Scripture. He was thirsty on our behalf. He suffered the pains of thirst and drained out of blood and water to provide righteousness for us. The Lord expects us to thirst and become saved, sanctified and godly. He also wants us to thirst for the power of the Holy Ghost and He gives us the refreshing of the Spirit in all fullness from heaven.

vi. “It is finished.”
John 19:30; Daniel 9:24; John 17:4; Hebrews 12:1,2

Our redemption, salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing and deliverance are perfected and finished, including our victory and dominion. There is nothing else to do. Therefore, those who need salvation and deliverance should not delay because it is provided already and heaven has affirmed its availability.

vii. “Father, into Thy Hands I commend my spirit.”
Luke 23:46; Psalm 31:5; 2 Timothy 1:12; 1 Peter 4:19

This is the final word Christ said on the cross. It is an example for us to commit our souls into His hands to keep. Paul and other apostles did the same.

2. THE MARVEL IN THE SANCTUARY AFTER HIS CRY
Mark 15:35-38

“And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.”No hand of any man was involved in this. It was the supernatural act of God. In this part, we shall consider three things:

i. The misinterpretation of sinners around the cross
Mark 15:35,36; John 8:43,44; 12:27-34; Psalm 69:21; Acts 13:26,27,38,39

“The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.” They misunderstood and misinterpreted the sayings of Christ on the cross.

ii. The means of our salvation in Christ (His death)
Mark 15:37; Romans 5:6-11; 10:9,10,13; Hebrews 2:9-15; 1 Peter 3:18

Christ’s death is for our salvation. His shed blood brings forgiveness; it makes us justified and saved from the wrath to come. Sinners should therefore confess with their mouth and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead. His death is the means of our entire salvation and deliverance from Satan and the consequences of sin. It is available today for everyone.

iii. The ministry of His submission to all Christians
Mark 15:38; Hebrews 9:3,8,9,14; 10:19-22; 2 Corinthians 3:14-18; Titus 2:14

The veil in the tabernacle separated the holiest of all from the rest of the temple. It was not open to all the people in Israel. But now, because of the death of Christ, the veil that divided the holiest of all from the rest of the tabernacle has been “rent in twain from the top to the bottom.” We can now come through the outer court (salvation), to the holy place of the tabernacle (sanctification), to the holy of holies (baptism in the Holy Ghost).

3. THE MESSIAH WAS OUR SUBSTITUTE ON THE CROSS
Mark 15:39-41

The centurion affirmed that what Christ had said about Himself was true.

i. Truly this was the Son of God
Mark 15:39-41; Matthew 27:45,51,54; Acts 8:33,35-38; Galatians 2:20; Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 John 3:8,9

The people around the cross feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God”. We are not to fear now; rather, we should believe, appreciate and embrace it that truly, Christ is the Son of God. As you believe that He is the Son of God, you will obtain salvation and keep living “by the faith of the Son of God”.

ii. Truly this is the Saviour sent from God
Acts 3:22-26; Hebrews 7:22-26; Acts 5:30,31; 1 Timothy 2:3-6; Titus 2:11-14

“Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”Christ is our Saviour and He is able to save to the uttermost. He will save you if you receive Him as your Saviour because He has paid the price for your salvation.

iii. Truly this was the Sacrifice acceptable to God
Hebrews 9:26-28; 1 Corinthians 5:7,8; Hebrews 10:12-14; 13:20,21; Ephesians 5:2,25-27; Romans 10:13

Christ has “put away sin by the sacrifice of himself”; and everything that Calvary has provided is available and can be ours if we “call upon the name of the Lord."
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bible Study (August 10, 2020) || Christ's Death And Burial According To The Scriptures
Mark 15:42-47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHkga57wGWo

This study focuses on Christ's death and burial according to the Scriptures.

1. THE VICARIOUS DEATH OF CHRIST JESUS
Mark 15:42-45

The vicarious death of Christ refers to His substitutionary death for the whole world. There are three things to note here:

(i). The substitutionary death of Christ
Mark 15:42-45; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Isaiah 53:6,8; Romans 5:8-11; 1 Peter 3:18

“Christ died for our sins” and not for Himself. He was not a sinner; He was pure, perfect, holy and faultless. Though Pilate and Herod did not find fault in Him during His trials, He was crucified. His death is copiously recorded in the Scriptures. His blood justifies us from the punishment that we should have borne because of our sins. Through His substitutionary death, everyone has the privilege of being reconciled to God.

(ii). The sanctifying death of Christ
Hebrews 2:9-11; 10:14-16; 13:12-14; Ephesians 5:25-27; 1 Thessalonians 5:22-24

Christ became man in order to suffer and die to set us free from both outward and inward sins. Angels cannot die; so, He did not take their nature but He took ours “that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man." Christ's death is not partial; it is not only for the Jews but also for the Gentiles. By the blood He shed at death, He sanctifies, cleanses, purges and makes the inner man free, implants His nature in us and puts His laws in our hearts. Sanctification gives us abundant life; it makes the believer a glorious Christian and the church a glorious assembly. It gives us the grace and willingness to shun and abstain from all appearances of evil.

(iii). The smashing death of Christ
Hebrews 2:14,15; Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 25:8; 2 Corinthians 1:10; Colossians 2:14,15; 1 John 3:8; Revelation 1:18

“The Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." Though Jesus has smashed the power of Satan through His death, fear still makes some people to sell their souls, spirit, personality, family and destiny to the devil. Christ always destroys all the power of darkness in the lives of those who come to Him and also takes away everything that hinders their pilgrimage to heaven.

2. THE VIRTUOUS DEEDS OF THE COUNSELLOR, JOSEPH
Mark 15:43-47

“Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor," was a secret disciple of Christ who loved and appreciated Him. He fulfilled Scripture prophecy by the great honour he accorded the crucified body of Christ. He did not allow his position to blur his view of the kingdom of God. We consider three things:

(i). His burial after death
Mark 15:45-47; Isaiah 53:8,9; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Acts 13:29,35-39

Christ “made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death." Joseph of Arimathaea was rich and he asked for the body of Jesus which he buried in the tomb he had cut out from the rock for himself. “But… God raised [Him] again." Everyone who accepts His death for humanity and surrenders to Him will be saved and have the witness of the Spirit in his heart that he has become a child of God.

(ii). Our baptism into His death
Romans 6:3-5; Colossians 2:10-12; Mark 16:16; 1 Corinthians 12:12,13

Believers identify with Christ's death in baptism. Water baptism is not done by sprinkling water or making a sign of the cross on the head. It is not for infants who do not know about conversion but for those who have heard, known and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. Water baptism must be by immersion in water.

(iii). The believer's blessedness after death
Luke 23:42,43; 16:22-26; Acts 7:55-59; 2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:21-23

“And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." When a believer dies, he goes immediately to be with the Lord in heaven – a place of rest, peace and joy. He does not hibernate somewhere or roam about. The body of the thief on the cross did not go to paradise; it was taken down and buried. But his spirit and soul went to be with Christ in paradise. He was the first person to get to heaven after Christ's death.

3. THE VALIANT DISCIPLESHIP OF THE CHRISTIAN, JUSTIFIED
John 19:38-40

The good deeds of Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus were commendable but their unwillingness to openly confess Christ is undesirable. However, we can learn the following from their story:

(i). The cowardice of secret discipleship
John 19:38; 12:42; Proverbs 29:25; Mark 8:38; Luke 12:4-9

People who hide their love for God for fear of losing their family, position and profession are cowards. “Because of the Pharisees [Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus] did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue." The Lord wants us to confess Him openly and not be ashamed of Him in order to keep our position, honour or title. “Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

(ii). The company of a sneaking disciple
John 19:39; 3:1-12; 7:48-53; 2 Corinthians 6:17,18; Revelation 18:4

As believers, we must profess and confess Christ, and identify with Him in the public. We must “come out" of any group of people who commit sin so that we will “receive not of [their] plagues."

(iii). Our continuation with steadfast devotion
John 19:40; Luke 22:28,29; Acts 1:9-14; 2:40-42; 14:22; Colossians 1:22,23; Revelation 2:26-29

After Apostle Peter's preaching, the three thousands “that gladly received his word... continued stedfastly…" The truth about the imminence of Christ's return should make us to identify and continue with Him to the end. The Lord will grant steadfast, devoted, abiding, consecrated and faithful disciples great blessings and rewards in life and in eternity.

GHS: 81
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by seunlayi(m): 8:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bless you sir

1 Like

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
seunlayi:

Bless you sir

Amen! I hope you enjoyed the systematic expository bible study?
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
Bible Study (August 17, 2020) || The Unique Blessings Of Christ's Indisputable Resurrection
Mark 16:1-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhliIT5sM8

Christ's resurrection is indisputable and has unique blessings and benefits for believers. His resurrection is central to the message and presentation of the gospel for repentance, faith, salvation, redemption and justification. The New Testament is replete with emphasis on the resurrection of Christ. It was important that the disciples were very sure about the resurrection. It is also important for everyone to hear and believe this truth because it is pivotal and indispensable to our understanding of the message of the gospel, grace, salvation, redemption and fullness of the provision of Calvary for us.

1. INEXCUSABLE ANXIETY IN THE LIGHT OF CHRIST’S PROPHESIED RESURRECTION
Mark 16:1-4

The women who went to anoint Christ's body so that it would not decay in the grave were anxious about who would roll away the stone at the entrance. But He had already predicted and prophesied about His resurrection. Therefore, that anxiety was unnecessary. There are three things to note here:

(i). Comprehensive Statements of Christ's Predicted Resurrection
Mark 16:1,2; John 20:1,9; Matthew 16:21; 17:22,23; Mark 9:31,32; 10:33,34; Luke 9:22; Mark 14:27,28

Christ's prediction of His resurrection was comprehensive. He had used the analogy of Jonah in the whale’s belly to show that He would die, be buried and rise again on the third day. So, they had no reason or excuse to remain in doubt of what would happen on the third day. Still, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him” because they "knew not the scripture." Though they heard how Jesus had said He must “rise the third day," they refused to think about it, despite seeing the fulfillment of other things He predicted. It is important we understand the Scriptures so as to sacrifice, serve and work acceptably for the honour and glory of God.

(ii). Costly Sacrifice without Comprehending Precious Revelation
Mark 16:1-3; 15:40,47; John 19:25; 12:3,7; Mark 15:46

“Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had BOUGHT sweet spices that they might anoint him… VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING…" These women showed great love and devotion, and made great sacrifice and service unto the Lord. But heaven did not recognise their effort because they disregarded the precious revelation of Christ's resurrection. Besides, their sacrifice to anoint His body was no longer necessary because the proper anointing had been done much earlier by Mary, the sister of Martha. To be rewarded, any service we render to Christ must be done at the appropriate time.

(iii). Consecrated Service after Confirmed Pivotal Redemption
Mark 16:1-4; 1 Corinthians 15:14,17,18; Acts 3:26; 5:30,31; Romans 4:23-25; 10:9,10; 1 Peter 1:3

Christ's indisputable resurrection is pivotal and important for our redemption. Without it, our faith is vain. It is His resurrection that gives us repentance from sin and forgiveness from God. However, we must first confess our sins and believe Christ died for our sins and rose again for our justification before we receive salvation.

2. INESTIMABLE ANGELIC ANNOUNCEMENT OF CHRIST'S PERSONAL RESURRECTION
Mark 16:5-8

There are three things to note here:
(i). Angels' Indisputable Announcement of Christ's Personal Resurrection
Mark 16:5,6; Matthew 28:1-7; Luke 24:22-27; John 20:11-18

"Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here… But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, AS HE SAID UNTO YOU." Mary wept at Christ's sepulchre because she did not expect to see Him alive. If we always meditate on what Christ said, we would have no reason to weep unnecessarily. When we do not think about the words of Jesus, we may not know the time of our deliverance. Without thinking in the right direction, we will be religious and miss the miracle of resurrection. Also, our supposition will keep us sorrowful.

(ii). Assuring Infallible Appearances after Christ’s Personal Resurrection
Mark 16:7; Luke 24:13-35; John 20:19-29; Acts 1:3,4; 10:39-41; 1 Corinthians 15:4-7

"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs…" Christ appeared to Mary, the two disciples on their way to Emmaus, Peter, John, the eleven and more than five hundred at the same time. He spoke about things pertaining to the kingdom of God. Though the disciples did not believe or accept that He had risen after the information came to them at first, what they saw was not an apparition but a definite revelation. All the people who saw Christ after His resurrection saw the real, risen Christ.

(iii). Apostolic Irresistible Affirmation of Christ’s Personal Resurrection
Acts 4:1-3; 5:28-32; 17:2,3,18,31; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4,17,20; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18

If the resurrection of Christ was not true, the apostles and disciples would not stake their lives and die for what they knew to be false. For “as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead." The apostles and disciples were sure of Christ’s resurrection and they preached it. We receive salvation, abundant grace, the righteousness of God, and become candidates for heaven when we believe that Jesus died and rose again.

3. INEXHAUSTIBLE ABUNDANCE THROUGH CHRIST'S POWERFUL RESURRECTION
Mark 16:7; 14:28; Matthew 28:10-18

There are three things to note here:

(i). Experiential Forgiveness and Full Salvation through His Resurrection
Acts 5:30,31; 13:37-39; Romans 10:9,10; 6:5-8,18,22; 1 Peter 1:3,14-16; 3:21,22; John 11:25,26

There is no other way to have forgiveness, salvation, justification and be ready for heaven except through Christ. He is the “resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in [Him], though he were dead, yet shall he live."

(ii). Extraordinary Filling with the Fructifying Spirit through His Resurrection
Isaiah 32:15; Acts 2:31-33; Romans 8:11,34; John 14:12-17; 15:16,26,27; Ephesians 1:18-23; 3:16-19

All the blessings we have in the kingdom of God – forgiveness, saving, sanctifying, sustaining, sufficient grace, the Spirit of God at salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing, protection, preservation, edification and enlightenment – are received through the resurrection of Christ.

(iii). Eternal Fellowship with Faithful Saints through His Resurrection
Matthew 27:52,53; 1 Corinthians 15:19,20,51,52; Colossians 3:1-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; 1:3,10; 1 Peter 1:3-5; 1 John 3:1-3

The reason we would have fellowship and an eternity of joy and blessedness with the Lord is because of His resurrection, which we believe. We identify with Him in baptism and are raised together with Him in newness of life. Thus, “When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall [we] also appear with him in glory."

GHS: 241

We welcome you to our systematic expository Bible Study tonight.

Join Pastor W.F. Kumuyi this Monday for a divine package.
You can join us online using any of these platforms

https://www.facebook.com/dclmhq
https://twitter.com/dclmhq
http://www.youtube.com/user/dclmhq
https://radio.dclm.org/
https://webcast.dclm.org/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dclm.live
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BPJN91G
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
Bible Study (August 24, 2020) || The Post-Resurrection Appearances Of The Risen Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-OkbmXSuU
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-OkbmXSuU

Bible Study (August 24, 2020) || The Post-Resurrection Appearances Of The Risen Christ
Mark 16:9-14

The resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is central, pivotal, foundational as well as fundamental to the gospel of our salvation. The word “appeared" mentioned in verses 9,12,14 and other Scripture references {Matthew 27:52,53; Luke 24:32-34; Acts 1:2,3; 9:17; 10:40,41; John 21:1,14; 1 Corinthians 15:4-8} shows that Christ actually appeared to His own disciples in His risen, glorified form. Although they did not believe at the beginning because of their hardness of heart, after “many infallible proofs," they knew and believed that He arose. The Apostles were so sure of it that they were willing to give their lives to seal their testimony. Likewise, present-day believers, with the assurance of Christ's resurrection should confidently declare everywhere that Jesus Christ actually rose from the dead.

1. THE REMARKABLE APPEARANCES OF THE RISEN CHRIST
Mark 16:9,10; Luke 8:2,3,35; John 20:11-18; Mark 16:12; Luke 24:13-36; John 20:19-21; 21:1-14; 1 Corinthians 15:4-8

The word of God affirms the genuineness of the resurrection of Christ. Heaven and earth testified to the same fact. An angel rolled away the stone, and a great earthquake terrified the keepers at the tomb. The chief priests who bribed the guards knew of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The angel declared, “He is risen; He is not here." The resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is definite.

The risen Christ appeared to Mary Magdalene. He also appeared to two disciples on their way to Emmaus. “While they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them." He appeared to the Apostles at various times. He even appeared to more than “five hundred brethren at once." The early Church was certain beyond any shadow of doubt that Christ rose from the dead. Christ's resurrection affords us salvation, redemption, justification, reconciliation with God, the blessings of Calvary and the privilege of getting to heaven. Without His resurrection, our faith would be vain.

2. THE RESTORATIVE APPEARANCES OF THE RISEN CHRIST
Mark 16:10-14; Matthew 28:16-18; Luke 24:36-48; John 20:24-31; Acts 5:29-32; 1 Peter 3:18; Revelation 1:18; 2:8; John 14:19

“Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Though the disciples did not readily believe the reports of His resurrection, they all personally and persuasively became convinced after “many infallible proofs." For the Apostles and all the brethren, His post-resurrection appearances were restorative and reassuring.

God raised Christ from the dead; Christ appeared in risen, glorified body; the Holy Spirit quickened Him; the angels declared His resurrection; unbelieving keepers and priests exchanged “large money" to cover up the well-known resurrection; the Apostles ate with the risen Christ; many brethren saw Him after His resurrection – they saw Him all at once. Therefore, Christ's resurrection is undeniable, un-falsifiable and un-debatable.

3. THE REGENERATING APPEARANCE OF THE RISEN CHRIST
Acts 9:17; 26:16; 17:3,4,30,31; Romans 1:4,5; 4:23-25; 6:4-7; 7:4; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8; 2 Corinthians 4:14-16; Philippians 3:7-11; Colossians 2:12-15; 3:1-4

The appearance of the risen Christ to Paul brought conviction, repentance, faith in Christ, forgiveness, assurance of salvation, grace for a new life and complete surrender to Christ's Lordship.

It was a regenerating experience for Paul the apostle. He was renewed and totally transformed in his soul and spirit. Everything in his life – decisions, devotion, dedication and destiny – all changed for the better. Real encounter with the risen Christ brings repentance, reconciliation, restoration, regeneration, redemption, righteousness, revival, renewal, readiness for resurrection and rapture – through the power of His resurrection. “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory."

GHS 7
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Bible Study

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Bible Study (August 31, 2020) || Christ's Compelling Commission for All Christians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICCJPZx0CIU
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Bible Study (August 31, 2020) || Christ's Compelling Commission for All Christians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICCJPZx0CIU

Christ's Compelling Commission For All Christians
Mark 16:15,16

This study reminds us of Christ's compelling commission for all Christians: "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." Although many believers are familiar with the great commission, they do not obey it (Luke 6:46). We must reflect on how well we have obeyed this command. The Lord wants us to be "doers of the word, and not hearers only." The person who accepts, believes, embraces and obeys God's word, "and continueth therein… shall be blessed in his deed" (James 1:22,25).

1. The Parting Commission Of Christ To All Christians
Mark 16:15

The parting commission of Christ to "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" are the last words He spoke before He went to heaven. This commission is for ALL Christians who are born again and are beneficiaries of God's grace. There are three things to note:

(i). Preach the Gospel to Every Creature
Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46,47; Acts 5:42; 10:39-43; Romans 10:8-13; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 4:5,6

The command and commission to "preach the gospel to every creature" is very clear, simple and straightforward. We must tell those we come across, interact with and see regularly or occasionally of the gospel. Our preaching should be about the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ on the third day. Also, "repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name." The gospel is the reason for our salvation. Therefore, we must preach it to get sinners convinced to come to the Lord. We must inform them that "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Everyone who hears the Word, believes the Lord and completely lean on Him for salvation will be saved.

(ii). Proclaim His Grace to Establish Converts
Acts 20:24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Acts 15:11; Titus 2:11,12; Hebrews 2:9,10; 4:16; 13:8,9

Believers must proclaim the grace of God to establish converts. To criticise sinners for their sin, fault or evil practices cannot lead them to salvation. Instead, we should present Jesus Christ as the Cure for sin and Means for conversion. We must let the converts know that grace recreates them in Christ "unto good works." Because new converts do not know about righteousness, godliness, sobriety and humility, it is our privilege and responsibility to tell them of the result of God's grace. "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world."

(iii). Provide Guidance to an Edifying Congregation
Acts 2:41,42,47; 5:14; 9:26-31; 11:24-26; Ephesians 2:20-22; 4:11,12,16; Colossians 1:28

"Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." Through the congregation of believers, we provide guidance, enlightenment, edification and the means of growth for new converts. An individual soul-winner can provide the gospel, but not the fellowship or congregational worship of the body of Christ. New converts should not feel isolated. Therefore, we must bring them to the congregation so that they can continue "stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." By so doing, they will be “builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

2. The Premier Commitment Of Christians To Christ
Mark 16:15,20

The priority of every Christian must be to obey and do the will of God. Note three things:

(i). Go: Prompt Commitment to the Command of Christ
Mark 16:15,6,7,10; 5:18-20; Psalm 119:60; Acts 5:20,21; 8:26-30; 9:6,15-17; Galatians 1:15,16

The command to "Go" propels every child of God to reach out to the lost. The command is not only for the apostles, leaders, evangelists, pastors and teachers in the church, but also for everyone who is saved. Having received forgiveness of sin, we must go and tell our friends and neighbours how the Lord saved us from sin. We must respond promptly to this great, profitable opportunity to win souls for Christ.

(ii). Go: Passionate Consecration for the Commission of Christ
Luke 19:10,13; John 2:17; Acts 5:40-42; 8:1-4; 11:19-21; Revelation 3:19 Psalm 119:139,140; Titus 2:14

Christ came "to seek and to save that which was lost." His passion and zeal are transferred to us the moment we surrender our lives to Him because we have His likeness and nature in us. He has finished His work on the earth and gone to prepare a place for us. He, therefore, instructs us to "Occupy till [He] come." The Lord wants those who have failed in this aspect to repent of their lukewarmness, lethargy, ignorance, and "be zealous."

(iii). Go: Prevailing Concern for the Condemnation of the Christless
Luke 19:41-44; Romans 9:1-3; 10:1-4; Acts 22:17-21; 1 Corinthians 9:19-22; 10:33; 2 Peter 3:9

"And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it." Here, Christ expressed His concern for the condemnation of the Christless, who He had preached the gospel of salvation to but they failed to repent. We must have Christlike compassion too for the unconverted. Like Paul the apostle, our "heart's desire and prayer to God for [the people who are close to us should be] that they might be saved." We must also show concern for others as well because God is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

3. The Promised Consequence Of Conversion Or Contradiction
Mark 16:16

Christ has promised that those who believe the gospel and are baptised "shall be saved." But "he that believeth not shall be damned," even if he is baptised and tries to copy the lifestyle of a Christian. There are three things to note here:

(i). He that Believeth and is Baptised
Mark 16:16a; Acts 2:37-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-34; Romans 10:9-13; 6:4-7; Colossians 2:12-15

Baptism is done once for those who are saved and keep believing in the Lord. The Philippian jailor showed the evidence of real conversion. Thereafter, he "was baptized …and all his" household.

(ii). He that Believeth not but is Blinded
Mark 16:16b; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4; John 3:18,19,36; 8:24; Acts 13:38-41; 28:23,24,27; Hebrews 3:12,18,19; 4:1,2

There are people who are blind to the gospel and grace of God, His glory and requirement. They think religion, almsgiving, regular attendance to church services, etc., are enough. They are blinded by the devil. Christ said, "He that believeth not [because he is blinded] shall be damned." Such people hear about Christ the Saviour and Redeemer, but they are blinded by unbelief. They do not understand the necessity of repentance and believing on the Lord for salvation.

(iii). He that Believeth without Bearing Fruit
Mark 16:16; John 2:23-25; 15:2,6; Acts 8:13,18-23; Hebrews 6:7,8; Galatians 5:1-4,19-24; 2 Peter 2:20-22

Some people claim to believe the gospel but they are not bearing the fruit of repentance, righteousness, regeneration and redemption in Christ. Their behaviour, character and lifestyle do not match their profession. Like Simon, they do not have the character that should accompany real conversion. If we truly believe the gospel, we will not continue in the works of the flesh. Rather, we will bear the fruit of the Spirit which make it possible to share the gospel with everyone cheerfully and without discrimination.

GHS: 113
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Bible Study (September 7, 2020) || Supernatural Signs Following Believers Till The End
Mark 16:17-20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNOmu8kaDlM

Supernatural signs follow believers. These signs are not only for the early apostles, but also for all those "that believe" in Christ's name now and until the end of the world. Therefore, as believers, we ought to find out the supernatural signs that should follow us until our Lord comes again for the saints.

1. The Spectacular Source Of Faith For Steadfast Believers
Mark 16:17

The spectacular source of faith for steadfast believers is the name of Jesus. They cast out devils, speak and preach in His name. To experience signs in the ministry and accomplish great things in God's service, we must do all things in the name of the Lord.

(i). The Power of His Name
John 1:12; Acts 8:12; 10:43; 19:13-17; 1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 2:12

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." Those who believe in the name of Jesus Christ, the only Way and Source of salvation, possess the power of sonship and have His nature in them. It is a privilege to believe on the name of the Lord Jesus who died for us. Through faith in His name, we are cleansed from sin, justified and redeemed by His blood. He also sanctifies and purifies our hearts because we believe on His name.

(ii). The Possibilities in His Name
Mark 16:17; John 14:12-14; 15:16; 16:23,24; Acts 3:6,16; 16:18; Hebrews 1:4

There are lots of possibilities for those who believe in Christ's name. We become confident and express unwavering faith when we trust in His name that cannot fail. Christ did many works and He gives us the assurance that we will do "greater works" than He did. But this can only happen if we believe on His name. The blessings we receive through the authority of the name of Jesus are unlimited. Christ said, “Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father IN MY NAME, he will give it you." Through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray, preach and have signs follow us. God answers our prayer as we ask Him in the name of our Substitute, Saviour and only begotten Son of God.

(iii). Our Privilege under His Name
Philippians 2:9,10; Colossians 3:17; 2 Timothy 2:19; 1 Timothy 6:1; Acts 9:15; 1 Peter 4:14; 2 Thessalonians 1:12

Christ has been given "a name which is above every name" on earth, in heaven, anywhere and everywhere. We have authority and power of attorney under His name because He obtained the greatest name in the whole universe. The name of Jesus is higher and greater in any realm above, beneath or on earth. Therefore, calling upon His name is a privilege. But we do not just act or relate with His name when we want to pray. Every area of our lives and the things we "do in word or deed" must be under the authority of Christ and glorify His name. On this basis, we come confidently, convincingly and with unshakable faith before the Lord who grants all our petitions. Besides, through faith in His name, He forgives, redeems, cleanses, transforms and empowers us to live righteously.

2. The Supernatural Signs That Follow Serving Believers
Mark 16:17,18

Supernatural signs follow serving believers in the name of Christ alone and not in any other name. There are five things to note:

(i). Casting out Devils
Mark 16:17; Luke 10:17-20; Acts 5:14-16; 16:16-18; 19:11,12

Christ has given us the opportunity, authority and power to cast out devils in His name. The seventy disciples testified that "even the devils are subject unto us through thy name." The same name is at work today. Thus, we can pray in the power and anointing of His name and manifest authority over any oppression, infiltration, possession or work of the devil. The name of Jesus will never lose its potency against the demonic power that engineers evil in people.

(ii). Speaking with New Tongues
Mark 16:17; Acts 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10,11

The promise of the Father to "speak with new tongues" was fulfilled in the lives of the early apostles because they gathered, prayed and waited in the name of the Lord. The power to speak with new tongues, which is the evidence of baptism in the Holy Ghost, is available to present-day believers who are saved, sanctified and hold on to the promise Christ has given us in His name.

(iii). Destroying Satan's Serpents
Mark 16:18; Luke 10:19; Psalm 91:13; Acts 28:3-6; Revelation 12:9-11

The name of Jesus Christ gives us the power, authority and ability to destroy all the serpents of Satan. "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Being under the authority and protection of the name of Jesus, we receive assurance of victory over the enemies that confront us.

(iv). Protection from Harmful Substance
Mark 16:18; 2 Kings 2:19-22; 4:38-41; Luke 10:19b

Our Lord Jesus Christ assures us of total protection from harmful substances, which is taken accidentally. He also promises to preserve and prolong our lives. However, to ingest poisonous substance presumptuously because of God's protection is to tempt the Lord. Those who indulge in such act and die in the process will face the consequence because it is suicide. Such persons will be separated from God in eternity.

(v). Healing the Sick
Mark 16:18c; Matthew 10:1,7,8; Luke 10:1,9,17-20; John 14:12; James 5:14-16

When believing saints lay hands on the sick in the name of the Lord, "they shall recover." However, we should not limit ourselves to the laying on of the hands to receive healing. When we have the opportunity, we can also “call for the elders of the church” to pray for the sick. Distance will not be a barrier if we offer "the prayer of faith" in the name of Jesus. Prayers that are only based on emotion, force or shouting do not attract divine intervention. To receive answer and finally make it to heaven, those who pray for others must ensure they are consistent in holy living.

3. The Sovereign Support For Faithfulness In Selfless Believers
Mark 16:19,20

"And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them… Amen" There is sovereign support for the faithfulness of selfless believers. If we obey the Lord like the early apostles, He will confirm "the word with signs following." There are three things to note:

(i). The Sovereign Conqueror Who is Worthy
Mark 16:19; Hebrews 1:3; 8:1; 12:2; Ephesians 1:20-22; Revelation 4:11; 5:9-12

Christ presently resides "on the right hand of the Majesty on high" – a place of authority, sovereignty, anointing and power. From there, He upholds all things in the universe "by the word of his power." He has power over the devil, demons, diseases and everything on earth. He is set on the right hand of the Father "in the heavenly places, Far above allpower and mightand every name." He has also put "all things under his feet." All position, power, authority and supremacy belong to Jesus. So, when we go in His name, we experience victory and possibilities in our lives.

(ii). The Selfless Consecration of His Watchmen
Mark 16:20a; Acts 5:28-32,42; 8:4,5,26-30,40; 20:24-28; 2 Timothy 4:2-5

The power, authority and confirmation of the Word follow us as we move into the field of service and evangelism. The apostles were committed and selfless in their consecration as witnesses and watchmen over the people. Thus, they experienced supernatural confirmation of the Word they preached. The Lord wants every member in the body of Christ to be a witness unto Him. But as we preach, we must also "watchin all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of [our] ministry."

(iii). The Supernatural Confirmation of the Word
Mark 16:20b; Hebrews 2:3,4; Acts 11:21-24; 14:3; Mark 16:15-20; 1 Corinthians 3:6-9; Matthew 28:19,20

If we obey Christ's word, spread the gospel and touch every life, He will work with us and confirm His word with signs following. He does not confirm our personality, title, power or authority but the Word we preach. Therefore, we must ensure we speak faithfully, persuasively, convincingly and believingly so that the people will accept and believe the word of God. If we are faithful, He will confirm the Word with salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing and deliverance. "And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen."

GHS: 153
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2020
MBS

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Book of Life

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
Bible Study (September 14, 2020) || Christ's Purposeful Call Into His Kingdom
1 Corinthians 1:1-9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKDmzvFrAxw

Our call to salvation is a call to the kingdom of God. As Paul the apostle, the writer of the epistle to the Corinthians, was called to the kingdom of God, the believers in Corinth were also "called to be saints." A sinner comes into the kingdom of God the moment he or she repents and turns to the Lord. Christ said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3). As stewards of the glorious mystery of the gospel, we must understand the purpose of our call into the kingdom and the responsibility entrusted to us.

1. The Call And Consecration Of Christ's Servant
1 Corinthians 1:1

The Lord called Paul the apostle and He responded promptly. He committed and consecrated himself to the Lord and His service. Though he was once opposed to the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, He was transformed after he responded to the call of God. Immediately, he was "called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God." It is instructive to consider various areas of his life to learn from his example, pattern of life and ministry. This will enable us surrender our lives completely to the Lord like he did. There are seven things to note:

(i). His Conversion by the Seeking Saviour
Acts 9:3-9,15-17; Galatians 1:15,16,22-24; Luke 19:10

Initially, Paul, who was formerly known as Saul, was lost; but the Lord Jesus sought, arrested and brought him to conviction to do His will. On his way to Damascus, he "heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." As he responded promptly with His heart, which brought about his conversion, sinners must be prompt in their response to God's call to salvation in order to experience transformation. There must also be definite assurance and witness of the Spirit of God that they are born again.

(ii). His Call to Soul-saving Service
Acts 9:15; 26:16-18; Galatians 1:15,16

The Lord called Paul the apostle to save souls by bringing the gospel message to sinners. Likewise, we are called to soul-saving service to sinners. "To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins..."

(iii). His Concern for Sinners' Salvation
Romans 9:1-3; 10:1-4; 1 Corinthians 9:16,19-22

Apostle Paul showed concern for the salvation of all sinners – Jews and Gentiles – immediately the Lord called him. His "heart's desire and prayer to Godis, that they might be saved." The Lord wants us to show the same concern for the salvation of all people irrespective of their colour or race.

(iv). His Consecration with Selfless Surrender
Philippians 3:7-9,14; Acts 20:24; Romans 1:14-16

Paul surrendered his life and skill to the Lord so that he would successfully carry out the commission he was called to do. He counted "what things were gain to [him as] loss for Christ." He had a pressing spirit to accomplish all that the Lord wanted from him. He said, “I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." To accomplish the mandate of evangelising the world, we must surrender our lives and everything to Him, and make our consecration practical and visible.

(v). His Commitment despite Severe Suffering
Acts 26:19-21; 2 Corinthians 4:8-16; 6:3-10

Paul the apostle suffered for the gospel like no other apostle in his generation. Yet, he remained committed despite severe suffering. The Lord wants us to be committed to spreading the gospel everywhere even if it means suffering persecution.

(vi). His Continuity with Single-minded Steadfastness
Acts 26:22,23; 2 Timothy 3:10-14; 1 John 2:24

"Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come." This verse reveals that in spite of persecution, Apostle Paul continued to emphasise and proclaim the gospel of Christ with single-minded steadfastness. In the same way, we must not relent in our effort to propagate the good news; and we must not adjust or change the message due to challenging situations.

(vii). His Companions in Sacrificial Servanthood
1 Corinthians 1:1; 16:15; Romans 16:3,4; 2 Corinthians 12:18; 8:23

"Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother." Paul had companions who were addicted to the preaching of the gospel, serving the saints, edifying the church and evangelising the world. They had the same goal, vision, pursuit, passion, commitment and consecration. The Lord wants us to partner with committed and faithful believers to fulfil the mandate of the great commission.

2. The Congregation And Confirmation Of Converted Souls
1 Corinthians 1:2-6

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours... Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you." The church at Corinth responded to the message of the gospel preached by Apostle Paul and had confirmation of their conversion by the Spirit of God. Even the apostle could bear witness to the fact that they were real children of God. There are three things to note here:

(i). The Church, Called Out from Sin
1 Corinthians 1:2-4: Acts 15:14; 2 Corinthians 6:17,18; Titus 2:11,12; 3:4-8

The "church" in the original language is Ecclesia, which means the "called out people." They are, one, called out of darkness into light; two, called out of their sin to the Saviour; and three, called out of the world unto the Lord. Therefore, the church is a people called out of sin, iniquity, bad habit, idolatry and all kinds of corruption. When a sinner responds to the commandment to "come out from among them, and be ye separate," the individual is converted and becomes a member of the called out assembly.

(ii). The Christians Called to be Saints
1 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 1:7; Ephesians 5:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:7; 3:12,13; 1 Peter 1:15,16

Christians are called to be saints. We are called out of sin, darkness and worldly lifestyle to become saints. As saints, the Lord wants us to be holy. "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

(iii). The Chosen, Cleansed, Confirmed and Sanctified
1 Corinthians 1:2,5-6,27; 6:11; Ephesians 1:4; 5:25-27; Hebrews 13:12-14; 1 Peter 2:9

The members of the Corinthian church were not all sinful. They had believers who were chosen, cleansed, sanctified and confirmed. These were the people Paul the apostle addressed. The Lord has also cleansed and sanctified us for a purpose; he wants us to be saints who are making progress in holiness, righteousness and saintliness every time. We are to remember and abide in our calling as "a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; thatshould shew forth the praises of him who hath called [us] out of darkness into his marvellous light."

3. The Conferment Of Charismata On Consecrated Saints
1 Corinthians 1:7-9

Charismata are spiritual gifts conferred on consecrated saints. In comparison with other churches, the Corinthian church came "behind in no gift…" They consecrated and committed themselves to the Lord when they first came to Him. Thus, He endued them with the gifts of the Spirit. God's plan for the Church in bestowing these gifts is to accomplish:

(i). Sons Endowed with Grace
1 Corinthians 1:3,4; Romans 12:6; Ephesians 4:7; 1 Peter 4:10

As believers, we are expected to possess the "grace of God" in our lives. God’s grace brings salvation and righteousness; it makes us have the character and nature of God who has called us.

(ii). Servers Enriched with Gifts
1 Corinthians 1:5; 2 Corinthians 9:8,11; Hebrews 12:28

The Corinthian believers served the Lord and were "enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge." We can be enriched with the gifts of God as well if we appropriate Scripture promises and faithfully serve the Lord.

(iii). Saved, Ensured by His Goodness
1 Corinthians 1:6; 2 Corinthians 1:12; Hebrews 11:5

Apostle Paul had the assurance that "the testimony of Christ was confirmed" in the Corinthian believers. As such, he rejoiced over them. This should be our testimony too.

(iv). Seekers Endued with Gifts
1 Corinthians 1:7a; Luke 24:49; Acts 2:38,39

The Corinthian believers seriously sought the gifts of God because they knew they were available. Thus, after they were saved and sanctified, they waited on the Lord until they were "endued with power from on high." As saved and sanctified saints, we can also receive and abound in the gifts of the Spirit if we ask the Lord.

(v). Saints Expecting Him in Glory
1 Corinthians 1:7b; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; Colossians 3:4

The Corinthian believers were "waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." The Lord expects us to have this same expectation. And "when Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall [we] also appear with him in glory."

(vi). Sanctified, Established in Godliness
1 Corinthians 1:8; 2 Peter 1:3,4; 3:11-14

The believers in the Corinthian church were sanctified and established in godliness. They were "partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." One with the divine nature is not in darkness; he is not weak and into the bad habits of the past; and he is not overwhelmed by the attacks, afflictions and temptations of the devil. Christ has given us everything we need to be triumphant and remain holy, righteous and blameless. Therefore, we have no reason to backslide or be spiritually weak. As we await the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, we need to remain in sanctification and be established in godliness.

(vii). Steadfast, Enlisted by God
1 Corinthians 1:9; Hebrews 10:23; 1 Thessalonians 5:23,24

God is faithful in His love, mercy, goodness, calling, plan, purpose and the promise that He has given us. Because of His love, we are "called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." As we become part of God's family, He enlists and engages us, and makes available all that we need for life and godliness on the basis of His faithfulness. Therefore, we should "hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)."

GHS: 190

"Called Unto Holiness," Church Of Our God (GHS 190)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA3xyQmNQwQ
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bible Study (September 21, 2020) || The Priority Of Scriptural Unity In His Church
1 Corinthians 1:10-25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ldQEIpvtnM

Apostle Paul’s writing to the church at Corinth is instructive to all the churches throughout the world. He emphasised the priority of scriptural, perpetual and profitable unity in Christ’s Church. This must be at the forefront of all our decision and aspiration as members in His church.

1. The Price Of Commitment To Unity In Christ
1 Corinthians 1:10

Unity in the church demands a price. For the love of Christ, the progress of the church and to fulfil our purpose of being in the church, we pay the price of commitment to unity in Christ. As members of the body of Christ, we must ensure that "there be no divisions among [brethren]."

(i). The Purposeful Unity of Messengers on the Scriptures
1 Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3-6; Philippians 1:27; 2 Timothy 3:16,17; 1 Peter 4:11; 2 Corinthians 13:8

Believers' unity is based on the Scriptures. We need to make effort "to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" for the progress of the gospel. Unfortunately, many 'Christians' go through life but do not make deliberate effort to pay any price to achieve unity. If the church cooperates and coordinates like one body with one Spirit dwelling in us, we will have the same hope of getting to heaven. The essence of our unity is for every believer in the church to become "perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

(ii). The Prevailing Unity among Members through Sanctification
1 Corinthians 1:10; John 17:17,21-23; Ephesians 5:25-27; Hebrews 2:11; Acts 2:1,46; Philippians 2:2-5

Unity prevails among sanctified members and ministers of the church. Believers with the same purpose, indwelt by Christ and the same Spirit, and controlled by the same Scripture cannot be divided. Christ wants us to be sanctified so that "[we] all may be one." He did not pray for our sanctification so we would overlook sin, evil or false doctrine; but to be united on Scripture and the Spirit. Just as God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are united, the Lord wants us to have real unity that pervades everything.

(iii). The Perfect Unity of Mind for His Sake
1 Corinthians 1:10; 2:16; Romans 12:2,16; 15:5,6; Philippians 2:5-8; 2 Corinthians 13:11; Philippians 3:15,16; 1 Peter 3:8-12

The Lord wants believers and His ministers to have the “mind of Christ”. The proof we are truly converted is that, wherever we are, we "speak the same thing" and are "perfectly joined together…" The joining brings perfection. It also helps us to perfect the saints in the church. Those who have the mind of Christ possess perfect unity which affects how they speak, act and live their lives. One who has the mind of Christ who "…made himself of no reputation," will not give room to pride in his heart. He will not be after reputation, honour or recognition.

2. The Prevention Of Contention And Disunity In The Church
1 Corinthians 1:11-18

Paul had preached the gospel at Corinth and brought many of them into the kingdom of God. Others like Apollos and Peter also preached there. Now the people were taking sides with the preacher they preferred. This brought disunity and "contentions among [them]," which "the house of Chloe" declared to the apostle.

(i). Preventable Contentions and Disunity in the Church
1 Corinthians 1:11-13; Proverbs 13:10; Titus 3:9; 1 Corinthians 3:3-9; 2 Corinthians 12:20,21

The division of the Corinthian church into camps was the reason for the contention among them and it was preventable. But because "ONLY by pride cometh contention," these people were disunited. Pride, backsliding, debate and strife lead to contention. We can prevent contention and disunity in the church if we approach the word of God, personalise and internalise it. If our concern is to be holy and get to heaven, we will have no division, disunity, contention and disagreement amongst us.

(ii). Prioritised Concentration on Discipleship in the Commission
1 Corinthians 1:14-17a; Matthew 28:19,20; John 4:1-3,41,42; Acts 26:14-22; 14:21-23

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel." Paul the apostle did not disprove the doctrine of water baptism, but made it clear that his focus was on preaching the gospel, whilst others baptise. He emphasised water baptism and discipleship. He followed in Jesus’ footsteps, brought people to the knowledge of salvation and allowed his companions who laboured with him to baptize the converts in water.

(iii). Perpetual Consecration to the Doctrine of the Cross
1 Corinthians 1:17,18; Philippians 3:17-19; Hebrews 12:2; Philippians 2:3-8

The priority and pattern of Apostle Paul's life was to emphasise the doctrine of the cross, that is, the sacrifice Jesus made to bring us into and make us abide in the Kingdom.

3. The Preaching Of The Cross And The Uniqueness Of Christ
1 Corinthians 1:18-25

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." The preaching of the cross makes us to experience the power of God – the power that saves, recreates in us a new nature, sanctifies and brings us to the blessing and fullness of all the provision of Calvary. That was why Paul concentrated on the preaching of the cross.

(i). The Preaching of Provisions in Christ's Cross
1 Corinthians 1:18; Ephesians 2:16-22; Colossians 1:20-23; 2:13-15; Galatians 6:14-16

Both the Jews and the Gentiles are reconciled to God by the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. He slew the enmity between the sinner and God at Calvary. Therefore, "through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father." Christ has also taken away everything contrary to us because of our past transgression. He took our accusation, condemnation and judgment, "nailing it to his cross."

(ii). The Prediction of the Peril of Contradictory Contestants
1 Corinthians 1:19-22; 3:19-21a; Isaiah 29:14-16; Jeremiah 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:6-8

The 'worldly wise people' count the wisdom, provision of God and the preaching of the cross as foolishness. They contest the preaching of the cross and the salvation, which Christ has provided. Their wisdom does not allow them to submit to the wisdom of God and His salvation. They reject the word of God and proclaim themselves wiser than the Scripture and God's plan of redemption. Therefore, the Lord "will destroy" them and "bring to nothing [their] understanding."

(iii). The Partakers of the Power of Christ Crucified
1 Corinthians 1:18,23-25; 2:2,5,7-10; Romans 1:16; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; 1 Corinthians 1:10; 2 Corinthians 12:9; 13:4

We become partakers of Christ's salvation and redemption through His sacrifice on the cross. When a sinner believes on Him crucified, his sins are taken away and He becomes his Substitute and sin-Bearer. Without the cross, there will be no conversion. As beneficiaries of God’s mercy and grace, we should "all speak the same thingbe perfectly joined together (in the proclamation of the gospel and service) in the same mind (His message, ministry, motivation, motive, manifestation of the Spirit of God, goal and direction) and in the same judgment (decision, pursuit, activity, passion and destination)."

GHS: 75
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bible Study (September 28, 2020) || The Condition Of God's Choice For Full Redemption
1 Corinthians 1:26-31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3eepwrnRY

1. THE REDEMPTION OF REPENTANT, WEAK MEN
1 Corinthians 1:26-28

1) The general call of all men in the world
Jn 3:16; Acts 17:30-31; 2 Pe 3:9; 1 Tim 2:3-6; Tit 2:11-12; Mk 16:15

2) The gracious choice of the meek and the weak
1 Cor 1:26-28; Ro 10:9-13; Rev 22:17; Mt 5:3-6; Acts 20:20-21;
Acts 26:19-20

3) The glorious conversion of some mighty and wise
Lk 19:2,8-10; Acts 8:27-39; Gal 1:14-16,23-24; Acts 6:7; 13:7,12;
Acts 17:3-4,12

2. THE REJECTION OF REFINED, WEALTHY MOCKERS
1 Corinthians 1:27-29

1) The passionate preaching of willing ministers
1 Corinthians 1:18, 27-29; Rom 1:14-16; Acts 17:16-18,23,30; 24:24-25; Romans 10:16-18

2) The proud protest of wealthy mockers
1 Cor 1:27-29; Rev 3:17-19; Acts 13:38-41,45-46; 28:27-28;
Psalm 49:6-8,11-12; Mark 10:24-25

3) The perpetual peril of worldly-wise men
1 Cor 1:19-22,29; 2:7-8; 3:19-20; Rom 1:22; 1 Cor 1:26-29

3. THE RENEWAL OF RECONCILED, WASHED MEMBERS
1 Corinthians 1:30-31; 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

1) Fresh wisdom from Christ
1 Cor 1:30-31; Col 2:3,6-10; 3:16-17; 4:5-6; Jam 3:13-18

2) Fruitful righteousness through Christ
1 Cor 1:30; Lk 1:74-75; Rom 6:18-19,22; 14:17-19; Phil 1:10-11

3) Faultless sanctification by Christ
Ephesians 5:25-27; 1 Thessalonian 5:22-24; John 17:17-23; 2 Tim 2:21-22; Heb 13:12-14

4) Full redemption in Christ
1 Corinthians 1:30-31; Hebrew 9:12, 15; 1 Peter 1:14-19; Tit 2:14; Col 1:12-14; Luke 1:68-75

GHS: 115
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31am On Oct 07, 2020
Bible Study (October 5, 2020) || Proclaiming The Crucified Christ With The Spirit's Wisdom
1 Corinthians 2:1-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpiDGjoMssg

1. The Declaration Of The Whole Word Of God
1 Corinthians 2:1-3

1) Paul's Declaration Of The Word In Corrupt Corinth
1 Cor 2:1; Acts 20:26-28; 1 Thess 2:4-6; Gal 1:10-12; Col 1:28-29

2) Priceless Determination, Without Wavering, Concerning Christ Crucified
1 Cor 2:2; 1:23-24; Acts 4:10-12; Gal 6:14-16; Acts 17:2-4

3) Pressing Despair And Weakness Amidst Constant Conflicts
1 Cor 2:3; 2 Cor 1:8-10; Acts 18:8-17; 2 Cor 7:5-6; Acts 20:22-28

2. The Demonstration Of The Wholesome Wonders Of The Gospel
1 Corinthians 2:4-5

1) The Futility Of Worldly Wisdom In Preaching The Gospel
1 Cor 2:4a; 1:19-22; 2:13-14; Mt 11:25; Rom 1:21-22; Acts 7:22-29

2) The Fulfilment Of The Word In The Power Of God
1 Cor 2:4b; Mk 16:20; Ro 15:18-19; 1 Thess 1:5-10; Heb 2:3-4; 1:1-3

3) Our Faith In The Willingness And Purpose Of God
1 Cor 2:5; Heb 6:17-20; 2 Pe 3:9; Rom 1:16; 1 Pe 1:3-5; 1 Jn 3:8-9;
Acts 26:16-21

3. The Depreciation Of The Hollow Wisdom Of The Godless
1 Corinthians 2:6-8

1) The Misery Of The Godless World In Their Glory
1 Cor 2:6,8; Isaiah 5:13-14; Dan 4:30-33,37; Hosea 4:7-9; Acts 12:21-23;
Phil 3:18-19; 1 Pe 1:24

2) The Mystery Of God's Wisdom For Our Glory
1 Cor 2:7; Rom 16:25-26; Eph 3:4-9; Col 1:26-27; Mt 11:25-30;
Mk 4:11-12

3) The Marvels Of The Lord's Worthiness In Glory
1 Cor 2:6-8; Jam 2:1; Rev 4:11; 5:12; Lk 21:27-28; Rom 8:18

GHS: 216

1 Like

Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
Bible Study (October 12, 2020) || God's Inexhaustible Unsearchable Riches for Kingdom Citizens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDNMv7kxJ0
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Bible Study (October 19, 2020)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2qfG0VFu94
Re: #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
Bible Study (October 26, 2020) || The Priority Of Scriptural Unity In His Church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkx6wUhLtoM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / Video Of Port Harcourt Church Stampede (31 Dead) / Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 262
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.