Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department (2568 Views)

WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria / Ezeoma Chiedozie: UNN Biochemistry Student Drowns At Adada Waterfall / Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by chrisking125(m): 10:14am On Nov 01, 2018
The rate of failure in the department of biochemistry, university of Nigeria, Nsukka is alarming. Please all these sadist we have as lecturers are making life very very uncomfortable for the students. How can more than 80% of the class fail a course just because we borrowed it from other departments? It's really unfair to the students. An undergraduate of the department of biochemistry will from first year borrow courses from other departments while the major course (biochemistry courses) will be introduced from the second year... It doesn't make sense... As a biochemistry undergraduate you borrow courses from more than 3 departments until your third year. Students can't even ask for a remark from the lecturer or to see his/her script after the results have been released to ascertain whether or not the result is actually what the person got... The list goes on and on.... How students are subjected to inhumane treatment from going to lectures till writing of exams..... Something should be done..... The rate of suicide in our universities is becoming high.... A student will study very hard for an exam, write the exam answering the questions correctly then still fail the course... It's frustrating.... LET SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS UNFORTUNATE SITUATION. HELP NIGERIAN STUDENTS TO BE BETTER.

Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Extraordinaire(f): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2018
chrisking125:
The rate of failure in the department of biochemistry, university of Nigeria, Nsukka is alarming.
This is so disheartening. The Lions and Lionesses have now become the preys.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2018
A big slap on the lecturers face. I don’t know why some lecturers derive joy in failing students.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by naijacentric(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
Its easy na students get school occupy the dept dose lecturers would behave its during protests in school i know lecturers are cowards dey use divide n rule tactics to make students fear dem. Unilag is the worse off

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
is this really unn ?? in European universities such lecturers would be called for questioning and perhaps sacked due to their inability to teach and effectively inculcate into the students the course.....

I just taya for dis country

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Randy100: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
The problem is that student don't read this days, though I will still blame lecturers for the massive failure. Those that passed did they sort the lecturers or are they not ur fellow student.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by chrisking125(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
Randy100:
The problem is that student don't read this days, though I will still blame lecturers for the massive failure. Those that passed did they sort the lecturers or are they not ur fellow student.
students in UNN try there best during exams.... Quote me anywhere.... Come to UNN maybe during exams..... I'm not talking about not writing anything during exams.... You're very confident that you answered the questions very well but when the results comes out you'll be seeing another thing entirely..

2 Likes

Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Randy100: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
chrisking125:
students in UNN try there best during exams.... Quote me anywhere.... Come to UNN maybe during exams..... I'm not talking about not writing anything during exams.... You're very confident that you answered the questions very well but when the results comes out you'll be seeing another thing entirely..
young man, I graduated from UNN and I know that it is very difficult compared to other universities. My point is that student of recent don't read anymore. This is the worst result I have seen in my life.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by lilmax(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
lol...then when a private school shows pictures of their students with As, these dumbasses from these fcked up universities will tell them to go to their university and make A if they can gringrin
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Kylekent59: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
Those that got "F" are a very big disgrace, The ones that made A,B,C, they don't have 2 heads.

Lectures ain't to be blamed, but the students.

When the scheme is given all you need is to go online and browse, get materials, attend lecutres and you are good to go.

Those that made ''F" are a disgrace to their parents. Nonsense!!!.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by bularvz: 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
Kylekent59:
Those that got "F" are a very big disgrace, The ones that made A,B,C, they don't have 2 heads.

When the scheme is given all you need is to go online and browse, get materials, attend lecutres and you are good to go.

Very poor logic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by DateMynd44(m): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
Kylekent59:

the person wey get that 62 and was graded B I wonder if na two heads e get.
or they may bring up the excuse that he's the lecturers son abi
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
chrisking125:
The rate of failure in the department of biochemistry, university of Nigeria, Nsukka is alarming. Please all these sadist we have as lecturers are making life very very uncomfortable for the students. How can more than 80% of the class fail a course just because we borrowed it from other departments? It's really unfair to the students. An undergraduate of the department of biochemistry will from first year borrow courses from other departments while the major course (biochemistry courses) will be introduced from the second year... It doesn't make sense... As a biochemistry undergraduate you borrow courses from more than 3 departments until your third year. Students can't even ask for a remark from the lecturer or to see his/her script after the results have been released to ascertain whether or not the result is actually what the person got... The list goes on and on.... How students are subjected to inhumane treatment from going to lectures till writing of exams..... Something should be done..... The rate of suicide in our universities is becoming high.... A student will study very hard for an exam, write the exam answering the questions correctly then still fail the course... It's frustrating.... LET SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS UNFORTUNATE SITUATION. HELP NIGERIAN STUDENTS TO BE BETTER.

@ borrow courses. So when will you return the course after using it?
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Kylekent59: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2018
bularvz:

Very poor logic

very poor what?

let us be candid, if you read, you will pass.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Acrobatics01: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
@op, how come you posted the results of the courses with a history of poor performance. Chm 312, 314(quantum chemistry) and 324(pyridine). microbial genetics and immunology and immunochemistry. But as @randy said earlier, the causes of such failure lie in the fact that students read less.
In the same BCH, some persons make a 2.1 and even First Class.
My suggestion, if you are in BCH or pharmacy, the formula may also include "la cram la pour, la 'A' la forget." thereafter you can reread those things for knowledge sake.
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by bularvz: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2018
Kylekent59:

very poor what?

Another poor logic, are you reading to pass or to know because at the end, students do pass but many don't know
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Ayomideen(m): 12:47am On Nov 02, 2018
Brother it seems its everywhere o
Naso students dey complain here for my school too
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 02, 2018
lilmax:
lol...then when a private school shows pictures of their students with As, these dumbasses from these fcked up universities will tell them to go to their university and make A if they can gringrin

It is out of hatred,jealousy and envy that make most public university students spite their counterpart in private schools.In a civilized society the lecturers will be sacked. The H.O.D should be blamed for approving this result. A good and reasonable H.O.D would ask for remarking of scripts or addition of marks. We have passed this stage of mass failure. It doesn't help matters instead it worsen things
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Kylekent59:

This your attitude is the reason why Nigeria universities can't make it to the top universities in the world. Go to other African countries to see the way lecturers impact knowledge and examine their students. A lecturer that has mass failure in his or her course should voluntarily resign. Many developed countries pass blame on lecturers for student's failure. It is a shame that many Nigerians are still thinking your way whereas their counterpart abroad have gone far
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 02, 2018
DateMynd44:
the person wey get that 62 and was graded B I wonder if na two heads e get.
or they may bring up the excuse that he's the lecturers son abi
If just one person scored 62 in a course then those lecturers must be sacked. It shows that out of the numerous students in class, only one was able to score that mark which shows that the lecturers did nothing. Those lecturers should be ashamed of themselves
Re: Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 02, 2018
Kylekent59:

very poor what?

That is totally not true. It is easy to say but the reality is that after reading you might fail. A situation were you study but what you saw is different then you would understand better. Just pray a lecturer doesn't set questions not relating to the scheme of work, you would understand better.

(1) (Reply)

Loral International Nursery And Primary School Career Day Celebration / Baby Stops Crying After Mother's Supervisor Approves Her Project / Interesting Facts You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.