Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,667 members, 7,865,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa (23094 Views)

Arresting De General, A Waste Of Taxpayers’ Money, Says Comedian Basketmouth / Cossy Orjiakor: I Need A Guy For 'Chop & Clean Mouth' Sex / Omini The Great: Toke Makinwa Looks Like The Last Days Of Michael Jackson VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
folake4u:
shocked.

Cassie and Diddy dated for 11years? WTF!!!

I don't understand why people are unnecessarily emotional with what Toke said this time around undecided. She clearly spelt that it's her opinion, if you no like am, waka pass.

Let's not allow sentiments cloud our judgment by the way.

I stand with Toke on this one (excluding the last paragraph sha grin grin)
Hypocritical, libertarian cretin. Going by your stupid logic, shouldn't you leave the emotional people alone and let them vent? It's their opinion, so what's your stress?

Confused, bungling, inconsistent, deluded liberals everywhere.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Sharon6:
She's totally right. May we not find ourselves in the hands of time wasters.

DISCOUNT SALES ONGOING AT EMPRESS SKINCARE, CALL/WHATSAPP +234 815 270 5982 TO GET ORGANIC SKINCARE PRODUCTS FOR AS LOW AS 3,000.
PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
All of you bimbos are just stupid and dumb. So because YOU cannot date a guy for five years, any lady who does that is wasting her time? Such unparalleled foolishness.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2018
OneSentence:
[s]this is so true. that's why as a man if you aren't ready and don't have some minimum things set down u shouldn't woo a girl. don't make make girl fall and promise her marriage once things are set. set them first b4 that talk. Infact at a certain age any man or woman should b ashamed of using the words bf and gf to describe their relationship[/s]
Keep quiet jhor. That marriage is your Modus Operandi doesn't mean that's what everyone wants.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by joromi36(f): 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
Biglittlelois:
She is right this time, men like that are destiny wasters, ladies, dont let any guy decieve you with "in 5 years time, we'lll get married" what happened to right now? before getting into any relationship, define it from the onset, tell him your commitment longevity, if he's not good with it, bounce!!!

I concur... I quite agree with you

1 Like

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Herrmes: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2018
BlackAdam55:
everything is wrong with it
Nah bro, that's as vague as they come and I believe you can explain and enlighten me with your convictions.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by AreaFada2: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Biglittlelois:
She is right this time, men like that are destiny wasters, ladies, dont let any guy decieve you with "in 5 years time, we'lll get married" what happened to right now? before getting into any relationship, define it from the onset, tell him your commitment longevity, if he's not good with it, bounce!!!

Is not the same women who claim that marriage is over-rated, single is bae and all what not? shocked shocked shocked

They pretend it's not important but think about it every second they are dating. Why not let it be and be free women?

More men now realise the shackles of marriage and just want baby mamas, is that a problem? If any woman doesn't want to be baby mama let her move on, not by force na.

I would have thought women screaming they want freedom would embrace it na. cool

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by simplesearch: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
omooba969:

@bolded,

Please throw more light on it coz ayam not understanding. smiley

OK, to be precise many relationship nowadays are built on premarital sex making and experimentation. The lady readily give in because she believes it will be impossible for the Man to throw her out after such sacrifice, while the man lack the discipline to keep the lady she treasure until the D-Day, He instead coerces her every now and then to satisfy his inordinate desire. With this kind of scenario playing out in a relationship, there'll be little or no time for a sincere and clear-cut discussion on how to move the relationship forward as both party are already enjoying what should be reserved for the future, this may go on for half a decade or more, with no sense of commitment to put a seal to the relationship. If they eventually get married there'll be little or nothing new to enjoy or treasure anymore, the woman may no longer show much interest except when she wants another baby while the man may start assuming to have seen it after all and want something new. In essence a woman may become bitter with a man after marriage not for delaying her but for turning her a intimacy gadget before marriage, most women always find it difficult to believe the Man ever loved them in the first place, they assume it was their sacrifice that made the marriage work-out. So sometimes it is not the length of time as life can be sometimes unpredictable but what both of you engaged in within those waiting period. A woman who give you too much sex before marriage may feel less obligated to do so once the union is consummated, often times leading to frustration on the part of the man who may feel short-changed, not knowing it was the consequences of his initial action. When this is the case most times the man resort to visiting every club house to get satisfied or throwing in for divorce which is usually the end result of long relationship built on immoral self satisfaction before marriage, when a man sue for divorce on this ground most women may not budge not because even though everything was consensual they nevertheless feel exploited and unloved, but a sincere heartfelt talk will do wonders like magic. That is exactly her point and I believe she (Toke)is a victim of this kind of scenario, unfortunately DIVORCE is always a bad option because it create an entirely new problem on its own. The bottom-line is that whether a relationship is long, short, far or near once it is built on vices rather than virtue often lead to Heartache and crisis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
omooba969:

@bolded,

Buahahahahahacheesy cheesy cheesy Toke & Pocohantas must not see this...lolcheesy
who be dem
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by wakaawaka(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
Some olosho go just go online de drop their useless advice from their coconut head.

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Five yrs is enuf for a child to start walking after birth.
I'm telling you grin.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Five yrs is enuf for a child to start walking after birth.
cheesygringrin
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
mogbojaiye:

My brother Abeg rest

Becus many of the females here are already in high institution already so if they like make they know filter advices from social media, ,,,that is their life problem

i have been chilling . cos i dated mine from my final year while she was in 100 level. and dated for 7 years.
married her at 29 and she 26.

so i dont get.

i have a friend too , with same step.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by einsteine(m): 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
Toke Makinwa should not be commenting on relationship. She is failed in that area. Imagine the class dullard who scored 2/25 in the Maths Test trying to teach people quadratic equations.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Yankee101: 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
because you jump from man to man does not mean you impose your view on others.

Some date as teenagers and marry later in life.

Tuface and his wife na mistake?
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by cadesky(m): 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
All dis girl wey their life don spoil go dey gv advice to ruin other girls.... Stupid HO
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by folake4u(f): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Toxxic:
Hypocritical, libertarian cretin. Going by your stupid logic, shouldn't you leave the emotional people alone and let them vent? It's their opinion, so what's your stress?

Confused, bungling, inconsistent, deluded liberals everywhere.

No wonder you're choleric undecided.

Yes, I'm a liberal, kill yourself!
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by folake4u(f): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2018
simplesearch:

OK, to be precise many relationship nowadays are built on premarital sex making and experimentation. The lady readily give in because she believes it will be impossible for the Man to throw her out after such sacrifice, while the man lack the discipline to keep the lady she treasure until the D-Day, He instead coerces her every now and then to satisfy his inordinate desire. With this kind of scenario playing out in a relationship, there'll be little or no time for a sincere and clear-cut discussion on how to move the relationship forward as both party are already enjoying what should be reserved for the future, this may go on for half a decade or more, with no sense of commitment to put a seal to the relationship. If they eventually get married there'll be little or nothing new to enjoy or treasure anymore, the woman may no longer show much interest except when she wants another baby while the man may start assuming to have seen it after all and want something new. In essence a woman may become bitter with a man after marriage not for delaying her but for turning her a intimacy gadget before marriage, most women always find it difficult to believe the Man ever loved them in the first place, they assume it was their sacrifice that made the marriage work-out. So sometimes it is not the length of time as life can be sometimes unpredictable but what both of you engaged in within those waiting period. A woman who give you too much sex before marriage may feel less obligated to do so once the union is consummated, often times leading to frustration on the part of the man who may feel short-changed, not knowing it was the consequences of his initial action. When this is the case most times the man resort to visiting every club house to get satisfied or throwing in for divorce which is usually the end result of long relationship built on immoral self satisfaction before marriage, when a man sue for divorce on this ground most women may not budge not because even though everything was consensual they nevertheless feel exploited and unloved, but a sincere heartfelt talk will do wonders like magic. That is exactly her point and I believe she (Toke)is a victim of this kind of scenario, unfortunately DIVORCE is always a bad option because it create an entirely new problem on its own. The bottom-line is that whether a relationship is long, short, far or near once it is built on vices rather than virtue often lead to Heartache and crisis.

God bless you much for this!
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 02, 2018
folake4u:

No wonder you're choleric undecided.

Yes, I'm a liberal, kill yourself!
Go die in a pit, piece of filth. Liberals are hypocritical scumbags. Just look at you. Contradictory shitty goat.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by daveP(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2018
folake4u:
shocked.

Cassie and Diddy dated for 11years? WTF!!!

I don't understand why people are unnecessarily emotional with what Toke said this time around undecided. She clearly spelt that it's her opinion, if you no like am, waka pass.

Let's not allow sentiments cloud our judgment by the way.

I stand with Toke on this one (excluding the last paragraph sha grin grin)
She knows her audience ain't dumb so she quickly included that part of its her opinion. But we all know she's playing a Linda Ikeji on people.

She also said, " in my experience" lol

wonder what experience she is referring to first of all.

fallicio misericodium to me cos of she specified age then this would-be totally a valid good point. She's forgotten many teenagers date also and have perfect marriages as we speak?

What works for geese may not work for Lion or Cucko-a-doodle!!! Why is she yet to learn that simple philosophical idea?

Overall, it's crap. why? Rem most of our parents have the longest, if not best marriages that we all crave to break their records. Not perfect marriages, but with what divorces is, we definitely crave such time. Yet most of them courted past this 5yrs. Personally, thunder faya any guy out there that leaves a geh hanging after wasting her time. that's my idea. I'm concerned cos she knows this will influence lots of ladies out there. and it would become a trend soon, even twill affect guys that have good intent too.

She should pack one side abeg!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by daveP(m): 10:22am On Nov 02, 2018
Tallesty1:
Her take on people's relationships right?
Lol. She knows the influence this video would have on people, ladies especially. so she knows what she's doing. Even ideas and experience by some noble, renowned scientists aren't applicable today. Talk less of one without enough experience!!!

You still dey? Ride on with the common sense. Twale!!
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by daveP(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2018
Toxxic:
Go die in a pit, piece of filth. Liberals are hypocritical scumbags. Just look at you. Contradictory shitty goat.
No need for this now. Haba. We can't afford agree. But we can try En ensure the other sees good reason in why we agree to disagree. Don't take this option na!

Sheath your sword pls.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by folake4u(f): 10:42am On Nov 02, 2018
daveP:
She knows her audience ain't dumb so she quickly included that part of its her opinion. But we all know she's playing a Linda Ikeji on people.

She also said, " in my experience" lol

wonder what experience she is referring to first of all.

fallicio misericodium to me cos of she specified age then this would-be totally a valid good point. She's forgotten many teenagers date also and have perfect marriages as we speak?

What works for geese may not work for Lion or Cucko-a-doodle!!! Why is she yet to learn that simple philosophical idea?

Overall, it's crap. why? Rem most of our parents have the longest, if not best marriages that we all crave to break their records. Not perfect marriages, but with what divorces is, we definitely crave such time. Yet most of them courted past this 5yrs. Personally, thunder faya any guy out there that leaves a geh hanging after wasting her time. that's my idea. I'm concerned cos she knows this will influence lots of ladies out there. and it would become a trend soon, even twill affect guys that have good intent too.

She should pack one side abeg!!!

Hmmm true, I like the way you reasoned here. Valid points actually.
But I don't see why you should be dating more than 2,3 years if you actually want to spend your entire life with such person cos I feel those years should be enough for you to know the in and out of your partner.
Infact, you can't know EVERYTHING about your partner cos people change a lot. Change is one thing that is constant.
(my opinion though)smiley.

Replied your mail a long time ago tongue.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by daveP(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2018
folake4u:

Hmmm true, I like the way you reasoned here. Valid points actually.
But I don't see why you should be dating more than 2,3 years if you actually want to spend your entire life with such person cos I feel those years should be enough for you to know the in and out of your partner.
Infact, you can't know EVERYTHING about your partner cos people change a lot. Change is one thing that is constant.
(my opinion though)smiley.

Replied your mail a long time ago tongue.

Why I think she's just seeking attention once more is the fact that she doesn't think before she speaks. Yeah, I'll repeat that anyday. Toke blabs alot and it's always senseless and unbaked.

If she did her thinking before she recorded that video, then what of students that fell in love in year one and have to wait for 5-6 yrs(nysc inclusive, work also)? You see why I said she's just blabbing?

Hope we know that's the largest section of how young ones meet and get married? So from year 1 till final year, the guy was wasting her time ba? Why is it even blamed on the guy? Why can't she also point fingers at the lady for wasting the guy's time too? (She's indirectly admitting it's a man's world after all) Lol

That asides, 5yrs isn't a waste to me for that section of lovers.

And most times, if you really love someone, I think the rushing is actually a sign you don't love such person. Rem bills and catering needs to be assured first? Asides that, some things also need be settled.(If most people eager to walk the aisle see marriage as an era of spending their lives with that man or lady for the next 50-70yrs, I think many would really think thrice; taking and giving of bullsh, etc, and still make the best outvif adjustments and tolerance. That's a deep way to qualify your spouse. But I guess many just wana get off the market fast)

To me this very blog piece is for those desperate for marriage like about 40 and still single. Ehen!!! That should be her audience. Funny enough, their wealth of experience is way more filled up than hers. so overall, once again, she blabbeth!!!

OYO to whoever, ladies especially that follows this crap advice, cos we know intentions are not always the same even in a house of 6.

Not all guys have bad intentions or waste of time syndrome(a hint she passes across with style)

Overall, she needs Jesus again, this time as her Lord and Master. Na saviour he be for now to her!! grin

I dunno why I never Open my mail till now. I'll respond soon.

cc Tallesty1

1 Like

Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by folake4u(f): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
daveP:

Why I think she's just seeking attention once more is the fact that she doesn't think before she speaks. Yeah, I'll repeat that anyday. Toke blabs alot and it's always senseless and unbaked.

If she did her thinking before she recorded that video, then what of students that fell in love in year one and have to wait for 5-6 yrs(nysc inclusive, work also)? You see why I said she's just blabbing?

Hope we know that's the largest section of how young ones meet and get married? So from year 1 till final year, the guy was wasting her time ba? Why is it even blamed on the guy? Why can't she also point fingers at the lady for wasting the guy's time too? (She's indirectly admitting it's a man's world after all) Lol

And most times, if you really love someone, I think the rushing is actually a sign you don't love such person. Rem bills and catering needs to be assured first? Asides that, some things also need be settled.(If most people eager to walk the aisle see marriage as an era of spending their lives with that man or lady for the next 50-70yrs, I think many would really think thrice; taking and giving of bullsh, etc, and still make the best outvif adjustments and tolerance. That's a deep way to qualify your spouse. But I guess many just wana get off the market fast)

To me this very blog piece is for those desperate for marriage like about 40 and still single. Ehen!!! That should be her audience. Funny enough, their wealth of experience is way more filled up than hers. so overall, once again, she blabbeth!!!

OYO to whoever, ladies especially that follows this crap advice, cos we know intentions are not always the same even in a house of 6.

Not all guys have bad intentions or waste of time syndrome(a hint she passes across with style)

Overall, she needs Jesus again, this time as her Lord and Master. Na saviour he be for now to her!! grin

cc Tallesty1

Hmmmm true sha.
I no fit argue again biko nu grin grin.

Lwkmd! Seems you don't like Toke one bit cheesy.

No problem. How've you been?
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
daveP:
No need for this now. Haba. We can't afford agree. But we can try En ensure the other sees good reason in why we agree to disagree. Don't take this option na!

Sheath your sword pls.
I get irritated by these self-acclaimed liberals who are never liberal enough to tolerate you for being conservative. Very hypocritical lot.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by daveP(m): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
folake4u:

Hmmmm true sha.
I no fit argue again biko nu grin grin.

Lwkmd! Seems you don't like Toke one bit cheesy.

No problem. How've you been?
Lol. Been good. round the good work as well.

This is like the first time I'm paying attention to details of what she's said. She can continue, but I fear for the senseless lots that would become followers of her sayings. How's Law and the hunt for that spot?
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by folake4u(f): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
daveP:
Lol. Been good. round the good work as well.

This is like the first time I'm paying attention to details of what she's said. She can continue, but I fear for the senseless lots that would become followers of her sayings. How's Law and the hunt for that spot?

Good to know you're fine and all smiley.

Hmm Lol, some people would still follow her advice. I have a friend that literally worships her.

Lol, Baba I don tire oh undecided . E dey wear me out!
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Tallesty1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
daveP:

cc Tallesty1
Nicely said bro.

Some of these our women have single core processor in their heads and that's why they usually think one way.
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by loomer: 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
this na one reason oyibo still smart pass Una
Re: Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa by Obalufon: 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
10 years relationship with 10 guys at the same time that is fair enough back up plan laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Says Assault Video Was Edited To Make Her Look Like The Attacker / Evannie Isioma Patrick Receives Fashion Award In Style (Photos) / Why We’re Rebuilding Ayefele’s Music House — Oyo Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.