Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections (1555 Views)

Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary / Akpabio Visits Udoedehe And Obong Nsima Ekere / Nsima Ekere Presented With Guns And Knives During Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by jababa(m): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
EXPOSED!

How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections

*...PDP Defectors Forced To Swear To Fetish Oath in Ukana For Car, Millions*

Story by Nsikak Umana

Startling revelations have emerged as factors that ensured the defection of two former ward chairmen of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ikot Ekpene to the opposition All Progressive Congress in the last one week.

First to defect from the PDP to the APC was Mr. Ndifreke Ekum (Alias Udoudo) of Ward 1. He was joined days later in the opposition party by his counterpart in Ward 6. Both of them were given brand new SUVs and several millions of naira for switching allegiance. Pictures of the cars were trended on social media with Barr. Ibanga Akpabio, a cousin to Senator Akpabio posing respectively with each beneficiary.

However, sordid details of the defection deals came to the fore when a serving PDP councillor in Ikot Ekpene was invited to the Ukana home of Senator Godswill Akpabio in Essien Udim for a meeting. Present at the meeting were former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Sen. Godswill Akpabio, Nse Ntuen - Member representing Essien Udim State Constituency, Barr. Ibanga Akpabio, SUPOL Idoreyin Akpabio and Uyo Nathaniel, Chief Security Officer to the Managing Director of NDDC, Mr. Nsima Ekere. Ekere is Akwa Ibom APC governorship candidate for the 2019 election.

During the meeting, the councillor was told that his defection was important to them so they (APC) could get at least three other councilors from Ikot Ekpene to also join them in APC.
Right before him, the sum of two million naira was pulled out from a big Calabash in Ukana for him. He was also told a brand new car would be immediately given to him if he agreed to place his hand on the Calabash and swear to oath of loyalty.
The oath administrator was Idoreyin Akpabio, a serving Superintendent of Police and a relative of former Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio.

Apparently aware that the money was fetish with deadly consequences, the councillor rejected the cash and car offer and asked those in the meeting to allow him get home first and lure other councilors (his colleagues) in the PDP. This was to ensure that left the venue in safety as he was beginning to fear for his life.

The conveners of the Ukana meeting granted his request but insisted on him taking twenty thousand naira for 'transport money'.
Still, the councillor rejected the money and pleaded to be given some time to convince some of his colleagues so he won't be defecting in isolation.

Last week, confiding in a close source on why he abandoned PDP to join APC, Mr. Ndifreke Ekum (Udoudo), the former Ward 1 chairman had squealed that he found himself in a place and position he couldn't argue or turned down the offers that were made him by prominent members of the APC. It can be confirmed that he swore to the diabolical Calabash in an oath of loyalty as insisted by his 'benefactors'.

A top party man of the All Progressive Congress had, while commenting on Ekum's defection disclosed that a brand new SUV, three million naira cash and a cheque of two million were offered as bait to win over the former PDP ward chairman.

Ekum was reportedly driven to a car stand by Barr. Ibanga Akpabio after funds were made available by the Managing Director of NDDC and APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom, Mr. Nsima Ekere and asked to choose an SUV of his choice.
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by Tenn88: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
So, make we come do wetin? undecided
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by hisgrace090: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
Akpabio now a soul winner for APC.
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by gare(f): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
hisgrace090:
Akpabio now a soul winner for APC.

Soul winner or soul destroyer

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by mrvitalis(m): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2018
Nsima has 70% of uyo lock down... I'm in Uyo and and each keke I enter.. Each of my workers I asked them who do u support.. Honestly non has said they support

PDP all say they support nsima

I would be very surprised if udom wins

3 Likes

Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by richidinho(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:
Nsima has 70% of uyo lock down... I'm in Uyo and and each keke I enter.. Each of my workers I asked them who do u support.. Honestly non has said they support

hmmm..no matter the APC rigging tactics in that state, if Mr.Udom winning margin is less than 50,000 votes i promise to deactivate my account

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by yomi962: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:

elections is not won on nairaland bros, them no dey tell blind man say rain they fall.
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by mrvitalis(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
richidinho:

hmmm..no matter the APC rigging tactics in that state, if Mr.Udom winning margin is less than 50,000 votes i promise to deactivate my account
Are you in uyo?

Apc nas uyo zone, has ikot ekpene zone ,nsima is from eket zone.. So would share udom votes, oron is naturally apc

How the magic won use happen bros

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by Obdk: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:

U mean u re in oyo. Afonja
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by mrvitalis(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2018
Obdk:

U mean u re in oyo. Afonja
Oga I'm in uyo

my factory is off ring road 3 which udom refused construct
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by richidinho(m): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:

Are you in uyo?

Apc nas uyo zone, has ikot ekpene zone ,nsima is from eket zone.. So would share udom votes, oron is naturally apc

How the magic won use happen bros

calm down bro!
thats my state, how many big wigs from Uyo zone has decamped to ur evil party?
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by CilicMarin: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oga I'm in uyo

You are wasting your time with those programmed ipob miscreants..
Re: EXPOSED! How Nsima Ekere, Akpabio Engineered Ikot Ekpene Defections by Obdk: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:

Oga I'm in uyo

I be like newbie for ur eye

(1) (Reply)

PDP And Atiku Presidential Campaign Train Hits Sokoto, Photos / Video: Jubilation As President Is Sighted On Open Roof Bus In Ibadan / See How Apc Are Voting In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.