Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash (73261 Views)

'you're Too Low': Kobe Pilot Warned Before Crash / Leicester Helicopter Crash: Faces Of All Victims On Board(More Photos) / Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha And 4 Others Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by daveP(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
Even the American Military are beginning to reduce the use of these helicopters....

I stand with the decision of the epl to bam use of helicopters hence.

watching that clip is just so so frightening, especially the way it sounded midair. phew.

I trust Nigerians, that white smoke for Don signal to us that we must alight and cancel.

RIP to Him.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by 12345baba(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
Parachute no dey for the chopper?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by jimcaddy(m): 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2018
But wait oo, who recorded that video. Looks like it was recorded from a mobile phone. I smell a rat... I really do... Like they knew it was going to crash...

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Ategberoson(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
maybe if the helicopter is on helipad or airport perhaps the pilot could have return to the ground immediately. after watching the video I discovered they haven't move too fast up before the helicopter started spinning

I believe if the takeoff landing happen to be a land road/airport the pilot could have landed safely. the helicopter has been malfunctioning immediately they move a bit up but maybe he felt he could land it on the road side but destiny play a fast on them

I have been shocked since the incident. may God forgive his sins and console his family I thank God for life once again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Obodo999(m): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
itchie:
What I don't understand is why the team has to travel by bus because it is insensitive, how is it insensitive? So if one my loved ones should die in a car accident then I shouldn't drive a car because it will be insensitive? Nonsense!!

It is actually because everyone is scared of flying right now. The phobia will gradually diminish as time goes on but it can stay with some people for life. Remember Dennis Bergkamp of Arsenal?
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by ugwum007(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
from the video, that chopper had a rough time taking off. could it be that the pilot ignored the signs?
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by lakesider(m): 11:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
If this happened in Nigeria. Nigerians will blame govt... It happened in UK, dem dey say rip

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
12345baba:
Parachute no dey for the chopper?

no agbero seize am,,,,,,,, undecided
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by showafrica(m): 11:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
gratiaeo:
The pilot should have brought the plane down earlier

Yea
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by SarkinYarki: 11:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
Definitely the tail rotor stopped working suddenly
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
Yankee101:
Seems tampered with

Probably ice buildup on the tail rotor.
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 02, 2018
wingmanII:

Question is, why did the tail rotor fail.
I didn't read, I just saw the video and made the comment from my experience. All equipments fail even the one you checked one second ago. Equipments are designed from day to fail as long as it was designed by man. If they don't fail, there won't be room for improvement in technology. wink
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Wize1: 1:15am On Nov 02, 2018
Emusan:

But the tail rotor shows no respond sign at beginning which is a clear warming.

Who knows maybe the pilot thought is a minor thing that can be handled.

This is my problem with this Oyinbo people and their political correctness and propaganda. You can't tell me for an item your purchased for 6MEuros. An accident like a tail rotor stopping which leads to unrescuable death will not show signs. That shit is too random to be believed. Hear the former pilot guy interviewer saying he knows the pilot tried a lot by waiting for the plane to leave the stadium before bringing it down. If rotor was going to spoil should they even be flying it all? Does it not show signs? The manufacturer needs to be investigated if their tech fails at such random times leading people to unrescuable death situations. Aviation tech is too advanced and regulated for this kind of random occurrences.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by bongolistik(m): 1:15am On Nov 02, 2018
itchie:
What I don't understand is why the team has to travel by bus because it is insensitive, how is it insensitive? So if one my loved ones should die in a car accident then I shouldn't drive a car because it will be insensitive? Nonsense!!
Don't be too quick to judge.. It is just just a mark of respect to the departed owner for the time being.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by ocelot2006(m): 1:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Auto rotation? The tail rotor probably failed.
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Wize1: 1:25am On Nov 02, 2018
MajorJeffery:
I didn't read, I just saw the video and made the comment from my experience. All equipments fail even the one you checked one second ago. Equipments are designed from day to fail as long as it was designed by man. If they don't fail, there won't be room for improvement in technology. wink

Nah. I don't accept this. For something as critical as aviation where the chance of survival is usually near zero. A company cant just he designing parts of aircrafts that fail at random without no explanation especially when the consequence is that innocent passengers will die and have barely a hope of survival. If not commercial planes will be crashing everytime giving the amount of flights across the globe on a daily basis. That manufacturer has a case to answer. Regulators need to discontinue that particular product line too
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Wize1: 1:28am On Nov 02, 2018
Reference:
What I don't understand for the life of me is that why an important component such as the tail rotor does not have redundancy. Any failure of that component is always catastrophic and survival from a tail rotor malfunction almost always results in casualties even if the craft hasn't lifted off. Why can't safety authorities insist that a helicopter must operate with two independent tail rotors...

.... And make them ducted, that is completely encased as there are speculations the rotor may have been hit by a large bird or drone....

.... Or why not change the entire mechanism and replace the rotors with laterally mounted mini jet engines or duct exhaust gases from the turbine engines to the tail section to counter the main rotor to provide stability. It appear helicopter design has not evolved properly.

Now this makes sense.
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 02, 2018
Wize1:

Nah. I don't accept this. For something as critical as aviation where the chance of survival is usually near zero. A company cant just he designing parts of aircrafts that fail at random without no explanation especially when the consequence is that innocent passengers will die and have barely a hope of survival. If not commercial planes will be crashing everytime giving the amount of flights across the globe on a daily basis. That manufacturer has a case to answer. Regulators need to discontinue that particular product line too
You obviously didn't understand my writeup. They don't fail randomly but as long as they are made by man, an imperfect being, someday equipments will fail. Everyday, equipments on aircrafts are being upgraded and that's due to failures of existing ones. Don't get me wrong, nothing is intentionally designed to fail but they'll someday fail or wear out unexpectedly that's why there's maintenance dept in every establishment. In the eyes of most Nigerians, accidents are spiritual attacks or blamed on blood sucking politicians/blood money people thereby not carrying out an investigation to avoid recurrence and that has been why we don't advance as a people.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by 100IY3S(m): 2:38am On Nov 02, 2018
Pathetic
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Slurity(m): 2:49am On Nov 02, 2018
itchie:
Anyway, you are right to think that way but consider this situation, why is it a wise decision to seal a pool temporarily when someone recently died in the pool?
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Slurity(m): 2:51am On Nov 02, 2018
happykidArotiba:
What Pains me about this life is that Leicester city will play their match on Saturday, if they score they will be happy.. funny thing about life
not funny but pathetic
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Princedapace(m): 4:04am On Nov 02, 2018
Bblessing37:

When an helicopter or plane is spinning, it's hard to get ur balance not to talk of jumping out. And besides it happens so fast before u now it,it has crashed landed

Thank u for the explanation.
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Ishilove: 4:10am On Nov 02, 2018
MajorJeffery:
I'm no expert but ...did the heli hover a bit before lift off? Is that how it is supposed to function?
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by xdos(m): 5:09am On Nov 02, 2018
He told us it was a bird strike. He went back after he gained control of the plane and we had to disembark from the plane. It was when we alighted that I saw the 2 back tires gone and that happened with a loud bang.

condomuser:
Did this really happen, if yes did the pilot continue afterwards or what?

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by xdos(m): 5:22am On Nov 02, 2018
Yes! I am thankful that God saved me. I also thanked the pilot for doing an incredible job.
You are right joey. I should call them out for their lack of maintenance and ineptitude but I wouldnt be doing that on NL.
I am loved by God in a special kind of way bro smiley wink
joey150:

So Jesus hates (or partially loves) the other "unfortunate" lives that have been lost via series of air crashes?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by xdos(m): 5:27am On Nov 02, 2018
I thanked the pilot for doing an incredible job but my story wasnt just about the mishap but all that has happened just this year alone.
Mcowubaba:

Thank the pilot, he did the work to prevent the accident in regards to Air peace wink
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 02, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm no expert but ...did the heli hover a bit before lift off? Is that how it is supposed to function?
The lift off was normal aside the explosion with fireball and I believe the accident started from that fire. If the instrument readings were abnormal, the pilot would have aborted the lift off. I'm not an accident investigator, I only wanna correct the impressions of some here who think someone did something fishy to the chopper.
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2018
BetterDaysAhead:
Good evening nairalanders. Please, I want the good people here to please assist me with a job. The hardship has gotten to my neck hence the reason I came on social network to solicit for help. I have been borrowing to survive for months now and no hope of paying back if I don't get a job.
I am a B. Sc holder and I have my CV available. I stay in Abuja and I am ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria for the job. Potential helpers can reach me on 08157514612 or vision2020ispossible@gmail.com.
Thanks
Telling people what you can do is more important than posting your contact
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by ruggedtimi(m): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2018
the man recording appeared to be calm and why did he record it? is obviously not his first time watching the helicopter take off
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by condomuser: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2018
This is serious stuff and there was no compensation ?

xdos:
He told us it was a bird strike. He went back after he gained control of the plane and we had to disembark from the plane. It was when we alighted that I saw the 2 back tires gone and that happened with a loud bang.

Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Ishilove: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2018
MajorJeffery:
The lift off was normal aside the explosion with fireball and I believe the accident started from that fire. If the instrument readings were abnormal, the pilot would have aborted the lift off. I'm not an accident investigator, I only wanna correct the impressions of some here who think someone did something fishy to the chopper.
I didn't see any fireball explosion until the heli crashed, so what accident are you referring to?
Re: Video Of Vichai Srivaddhanaprab Helicopter Spinning Violently Before Crash by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 02, 2018
Ishilove:

I didn't see any fireball explosion smoke until the heli crashed, so what accident are you referring to?
Ma'am, see the video again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fans Storm Mohamed Salah's House In Egypt (Photos) / Thierry Henry Dressed In Igbo Traditional Attire (Photos) / Emmanuel Macron Celebrates French World Cup Win (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.