Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief (8805 Views)

2023 Presidency: Over 1500 PDP Delegates Attend Saraki’s Declaration (Pictures) / Twitter Writes FG Over Suspension, Seeks Dialogue / 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by AnyoneButAtiku: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
I didn’t sue Presidency over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief

Joseph Jibueze November 1, 2018

National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) Executive Secretary Professor Usman Yusuf on Thursday denied suing President Muhammadu Buhari or Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Boss Mustapha over his “suspension”.

He said he had accepted the directive to proceed on leave of absence from Monday and remains loyal to the President.

According to him, he only went to court to seek interpretation of the NHIS Governing Council’s powers to suspend him two days before he got the letter asking him to proceed on leave of absence.

He vowed to suspend the legal proceedings and not to interfere with the Independent Fact-Finding Panel set up by the Presidency.

Yusuf, through his lawyer Mr Uche Val Obi (SAN), said the news that he took the Presidency to court over his purported suspension by the NHIS Governing Board was fake.

Obi clarified that his client approached the Federal High Court through an originating summons filed on October 29, with NHIS, Minister of Health, and the Attorney-General as defendants.

The SAN said Yusuf sought judicial interpretation and determination of questions on the propriety or otherwise of the Governing Council’s action in suspending him without Presidential approval or following due process of law.

Obi said Yusuf also sought consequential order setting aside his suspension by the Council, including its appointment of a General Manager to act in his place during the period of the purported indefinite suspension.

Obi said the suit was served on the defendants on October 30.

The SAN said Yusuf received the letter from the office of the SGF on October 31 at 4.30 pm from the Minister of Health directing him to proceed on administrative leave on the President’s approval.

“Having received the Presidential directives as conveyed in the SGF’s letter aforesaid, our client hereby confirms that he welcomes the Presidential intervention and remains obligated to fully and strictly comply with the directives.

“He will accordingly be proceeding on administrative leave with effect from Monday, 5th November 2018 so as to give room to the Independent Fact-Finding Panel set up by the Federal Government to carry out its important task of investigating the allegations of infractions leveled against him by the Governing Council of the Scheme.

“Similarly, our client wishes to pledge his continued loyalty to Mr. President and to fully cooperate with the incoming Overseeing Director, Mr. Ben Omogo, with whom him he has already met, and the Independent Fact-Finding Panel set up by the Presidency to deal with the matter.

“In view of this development, to ensure that there is no interference with the work and finding of the Panel and as instructed by our client, we shall be taking prompt steps to suspend the pending legal proceedings aforesaid,” Obi said in a statement yesterday.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/i-didnt-sue-presidency-over-suspension-nhis-chief/
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Kenekingisback: 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
Amazing
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Xisnin(m): 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2018
We expect you to make a U-turn now that you are feeling the heat.
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by visijo(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
Before the introduction of money, what did women use to find attractive in men?
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by eleojo23: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
Somebody that is even supposed to be in jail.
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by XINOIX: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2018

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Blackfire(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
Buhari can do anything he likes, waillers go and die.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by ofuonyebi: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
sue the presidency...afterall..corruption will always shamefully fight back in Nigeria...ask fayose & ffk now?
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by SarkinYarki: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
Of course you didn't sue the dullard nutbuou sued the Yoruba minister and the Board whom you don't have regards for because of Buhari
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by alhassanyusuf29(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
They were satisfied and grateful for what they had
visijo:
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Officialpdpnig: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
Why is my party playing petty politics? They are busy spreading and paying for false news everywhere.

PDP must understand that we cannot win on falsehood because falsehood cannot be sustained .

Politics should be about lies but about the truth of what one can do and has to offer.
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by tochyano2: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
That moment u see $$$$ grin

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by bettercreature(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
visijo:
Big Dick!
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Groovenaija360(m): 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2018
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Noblewhiz(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2018
bettercreature:
Big Dick!
Nice idea.. lol
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Yankee101: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
You're finished already
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Daviddson(m): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2018
From all I have read since this case began, I've come to the conclusion that this man is a very smart criminal. Garba Shehu said the man has introduced a lot of reforms since he assumed office that has led to the FG saving more than 2bn yearly and some people seem to have conspired against him for it.
But the truth is most likely that he's using the so-called reforms as a smokescreen while he continues to steal which he thought would be undetected by anyone.
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Blue3k(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
According to him, he only went to court to seek interpretation of the NHIS Governing Council’s powers to suspend him two days before he got the letter asking him to proceed on leave of absence.

The suit can help him win a battle but he might still lose the war. Assuming Yusuf is correct and he gets job back Buhari can still get rid of him. If the investigating panel agrees he needs to go he's toast. 

visijo:

Resources, streghth, protection, and social standing. These things show a man can take of her and future offspring. A decent personality wouldn't hurt either.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by deic9(m): 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2018
visijo:

Money is just what is generally accepted in exchange for goods and services. Something was in used as a means of exchange Before the introduction of money.
So it's not just women and money, it's women and what you have to offer as a man.
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Franklyspeakin: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fake news, fake account. Beware of this fake account
Officialpdpnig:
Why is my party playing petty politics? They are busy spreading and paying for false news everywhere.

PDP must understand that we cannot win on falsehood because falsehood cannot be sustained .

Politics should be about lies but about the truth of what one can do and has to offer.
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Officialpdpnig: 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
Franklyspeakin:
Fake news, fake account. Beware of this fake account

My account is not fake please. Are you sure you are alright?
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by ajl: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2018
BetterDaysAhead:
Good evening nairalanders. Please, I want the good people here to please assist me with a job. The hardship has gotten to my neck hence the reason I came on social network to solicit for help. I have been borrowing to survive for months now and no hope of paying back if I don't get a job.
I am a B. Sc holder and I have my CV available. I stay in Abuja and I am ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria for the job. Potential helpers can reach me on 08157514612 or vision2020ispossible@gmail.com.
Thanks

You said you are B.Sc holder. In what? Next time, give a good summary that will encourage a potential employer to look forward to read through your CV.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by enemyofprogress: 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
Who cares?
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by olajide8(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
What does this man mean by saying -he didn't sue the FG, so suing the honorable minister of health and the board of nhis are different from the FG bah?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by arrestdarrester: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

APC mole
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by emmie14: 6:25am On Nov 02, 2018
BetterDaysAhead:
Good evening nairalanders. Please, I want the good people here to please assist me with a job. The hardship has gotten to my neck hence the reason I came on social network to solicit for help. I have been borrowing to survive for months now and no hope of paying back if I don't get a job.
I am a B. Sc holder and I have my CV available. I stay in Abuja and I am ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria for the job. Potential helpers can reach me on 08157514612 or vision2020ispossible@gmail.com.
Thanks
B.sc in?
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
q
Re: I Didn’t Sue Presidency Over ‘suspension’ – NHIS Chief by emmie14: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2018
BetterDaysAhead:

Geology
ok bro. Nice one. God will perfect your dreams okay. Am arranging tables . I was born today . You're invited

(1) (Reply)

Rivers: Let The Will Of The People Prevail — Obi •says Rivers Too Critical To Be / Ambode Inaugurates Transition Committee / Russian-Ukrainian War: Foreigners Interested In Nigeria’s Coal – Adegbite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.