Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid (42050 Views)

Zidane, Potter, Pochettino And The Managers Who Could Replace Tuchel At Chelsea / 5 World-class Players Who Rarely Get Injured / 5 World Cup Stars Who Don't Have A Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by immaculate1234(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
ionsman:
Lmao...

Biko, which success did klopp turn Liverpool into? With all the money spent, nothing to show for it. No be only success... lipsrsealed

you don't know anything at all and it is obvious

Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Elzends(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
How this fake news made fp is mind boggling

Real couldn't secure conte's signature due to his contract talks with Chelsea

Please show me a link from either Marca or goal.com collaborating the wenger claim

Pochetino n klopp talk were mere rumours
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Naughtytboy: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Jacktheripper:
How come my name is not there. I rejected them on my championship manage 17.
you are still on 17 when am playin 19
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by immaculate1234(m): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Foodforthought:
Klopp has turned Liverpool into an overnight success? Yeah right... four years no trophy.

stop saying what you don't know
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Bimpe29: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
Departure of Ronaldo and Zidane was abysmal and threatened the success of the Los Blancos
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by immaculate1234(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2018
princetom1:

Champion league final and roping the epl currently.... What else are u asking for? If we check now, u fit be man united fan o

the fours yeas he has been in charge he has managed to get to finals with average players recently he changed his stance and went for the establish ones to me that is success even the team you support haven't gotten to those finals in recent seasons even if I don't know what you stand for
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by immaculate1234(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
xtervaganza:
Conte: he's still under contract with Chelsea. Agreeing terms with Real Madrid would break the contract. He felt the job at real Madrid is very unstable and might also get fired sooner than he was at Chelsea. So he declined to just sit around while receiving cool millions from Chelsea

Pochetinno: even with all of his successes at Spurs he's still not a great coach. He hasn't even won a trophy and from someone who was fired at Espanyol it's wishful thinking to believe he can handle the pressure of a big job like Real Madrid. It's best for him as he stayed at his comfort zone. Real Madrid has swallowed lots of coaching prospects to oblivion

Allegri: like Pochetinno, he has absolutely no reason to leave his comfort zone. He's certain to win the league every year as Juventus have no competition in Serie A. Leaving Juve would put him in a situation he was when he was at AC Milan; a sitting duck

Wenger: no ambition and he was sitting pretty on the seat of one of the least ambitious big club in the world coupled with the fact that he was one of the highest paid coaches in the world at a place where he wasn't under any pressure. At Real Madrid he wouldn't last 3 months knowing Wenger and who Perez is. Totally incompatible

Klopp: he just signed a new contract and real Madrid won't pay 20 million euros to secure his release from Liverpool. Plus he's well liked at Liverpool despite not winning a thing for them in almost 4 years. They like his tantrums and how he hugs his players. Would Real Madrid persist with a coach who's more interested in hugging his players than lifting trophies? Nonsense

All would fail at Real Madrid no doubt

u settled down to write these things tell me if you can get any close to those persons you mentioned success. google 100 most influential sports persons. Sometimes I wonder if this Nigerian youth have sense
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by xtervaganza(m): 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
immaculate1234:

u settled down to write these things tell me if you can get any close to those persons you mentioned success. google 100 most influential sports persons. Sometimes I wonder if this Nigerian youth have sense
did I insult any of the coaches? You or any member of your wretched oloriburuku eda generation?

If the youths in your family don't have sense there nothing I can do about it.

I don't recall tagging you in my post

Omo irankiran
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
erumena:
Someone sat down and wrote this rubbish!

Can you prove all that you wrote up there? These are all speculations.

Real Madrid players actually rejected Antonio Conte over his hard stance of management.

Get your facts right!
you dey mind them? It's only Allegri that refused because he had taken Juve to champions league twice and at least wants to win one with them and that was around June
Ramos singlehandedly disqualified Conte for the job.
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by USFOCUS: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
Conte what class coach?
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Icon79(m): 6:15pm On Nov 02, 2018
To the best of my knowledge, besides Julen Lopetegui, Real Madrid has only officially contacted TWO managers since Zidane quit. They are: Allegri to replace Zidane and recently Antonio Conte to replace Julen Lopetegui. The other names on this list are mere media speculations because NO official contact has been made with anyone of them - zero!

O pari
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by SirBunky85(m): 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
manlikeboss:
Real Madrid sacked their manager Julen Lopetegui after Sunday's disappointing 5-1 defeat to Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

The Galacticos took the decision following a poor run of results in all competitions as they currently sit ninth on the La Liga table.

Although, they have appointed Castilla boss Santiago Solari on an interim basis, they are still faced with the challenge of naming a substantial manager soon.

However, Spanish Federation regulation states that caretaker managers can only be in charge of a team for a fortnight.

As much as most would expect manager's to swoop in on an opportunity to handle what many have come to habitually consider football's most successful club in history, such is not the case.

If anything, an interesting trend surfaced of top-level managers declining the chance of picking up were Zidane left off, in fear of falling prey to Madrid's crumbling dynasty.

Certainly, many factors come into play including the aspect of members of Madrid's genius team that conquered back-to-back Champions
League titles now fast fading away into retirement.

The end of a legacy was symbolically marked by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, who seemed to have been a vital cog towards Los Blancos' success.

Other's suggest that most experienced managers are weary of Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and the club's ruthless manner of turning out coaches if they don't deliver.

Here are five elite managers who thought twice and turned down the top job at Madrid.

5. Antonio Conte

Former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has reportedly dropped out of the race to become the next Real Madrid handler following Lopetegui's exit.
The former Italy national team boss believes the Los Blancos project is not right for him.

4. Mauricio Pochettino
Prior to the start of the season, Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino said he was extremely happy at Spurs and had big dreams and many objectives to achieve in the North London club.
The Spurs manager was apparently a top candidate to lead the Bernabeu following Frenchman Zinedine Zidane's abrupt resignation.

Pochettino put pen to paper and extended his stay with the North London outfit for another five years in January making things a little tricky for Madrid to lure him away from Spurs.

3. Massimiliano Allegri

The Juventus manager declined Madrid's offer to come in after he was strongly linked to replace Zidane at the helm.

Allegri refused to manage Real Madrid saying that he had already made a commitment to the Serie A club and would honour it.
And looking at where Juventus is right now; he certainly made the right decision.

2. Arsene Wenger

Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reportedly declined Madrid's approach to take over from Lopetegui saying that he would only resume football in 2019.

1. Jurgen Klopp
At some point following defeat to Real Madrid in the final of the Champions League in May, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was rumoured to be in talks with Perez over a possible move.

Klopp's has turned Liverpool into an overnight success and he currently boasts one of the best teams in Europe.
It was always highly unlikely the German tactician would have left Anfield.
Regardless, Real Madrid's dreams are still valid.

source : https://afribaze.com.ng/forum/234-5-world-class-managers-who-rejected-top-job-at-real-madrid

pls remove pochettino's name from dat list.how's he a "world class"?
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by SirBunky85(m): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
cr7lomo:
If na u , u go carry wahala put for head...the moment ronaldo left, that team crumbled ....I still wonder how the raining world best player can't turn the team around just like ronaldo did yr in yr out...ronaldo contributed to 80% of their goals thru scoring or assists ...whatever he demanded , they should hv paid....that stupid president had forgotten that ronaldo led them to 8 straight CL semis and 4 finals ...top scorer in the CL for 7 consecutive seasons averaging 14 goals person ....even messi no fit try am... How dare u loose that sort of player ... Now Madrid has returned to the old ways b4 ronaldo ...when dey used to disgrace us out of CL every 2nd round... Ronaldo na king ...his presence alone trembles other teams, cos u must budget 1goal for am... U almost certainly can't stop him from scoring u...now that he has left , teams will change tactics against real Madrid cos the lion that preys on them has left
over sense no go kill u abeg

1 Like

Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by SirBunky85(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
xtervaganza:
Conte: he's still under contract with Chelsea. Agreeing terms with Real Madrid would break the contract. He felt the job at real Madrid is very unstable and might also get fired sooner than he was at Chelsea. So he declined to just sit around while receiving cool millions from Chelsea

Pochetinno: even with all of his successes at Spurs he's still not a great coach. He hasn't even won a trophy and from someone who was fired at Espanyol it's wishful thinking to believe he can handle the pressure of a big job like Real Madrid. It's best for him as he stayed at his comfort zone. Real Madrid has swallowed lots of coaching prospects to oblivion

Allegri: like Pochetinno, he has absolutely no reason to leave his comfort zone. He's certain to win the league every year as Juventus have no competition in Serie A. Leaving Juve would put him in a situation he was when he was at AC Milan; a sitting duck

Wenger: no ambition and he was sitting pretty on the seat of one of the least ambitious big club in the world coupled with the fact that he was one of the highest paid coaches in the world at a place where he wasn't under any pressure. At Real Madrid he wouldn't last 3 months knowing Wenger and who Perez is. Totally incompatible

Klopp: he just signed a new contract and real Madrid won't pay 20 million euros to secure his release from Liverpool. Plus he's well liked at Liverpool despite not winning a thing for them in almost 4 years. They like his tantrums and how he hugs his players. Would Real Madrid persist with a coach who's more interested in hugging his players than lifting trophies? Nonsense

All would fail at Real Madrid no doubt
u are very correct on klopp hugging players
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by princetom1(m): 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
immaculate1234:

the fours yeas he has been in charge he has managed to get to finals with average players recently he changed his stance and went for the establish ones to me that is success even the team you support haven't gotten to those finals in recent seasons even if I don't know what you stand for

Read again
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
ionsman:
Lmao...

Biko, which success did klopp turn Liverpool into? With all the money spent, nothing to show for it. No be only success... lipsrsealed

Baba,klopp really refined Liverpool. Liverpool is now a monster under him.
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by sarcasticdude(m): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2018
Nawao!! And I don give madrid straight win for my ticket already sad
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by ionsman: 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Baba,klopp really refined Liverpool. Liverpool is now a monster under him.

I agree they are a fantastic team. But until he wins a trophy after spending so much, no one will take him serious. Spurs play fantastic football too but that trophy has been eluding them.

1 Like

Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by sangresan(m): 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
If you believe this write-up, you will believe anything. Seems the writer has read too much of Nigerian newspapers that always write unsubstantiated rumours...
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Foodforthought: 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
immaculate1234:

stop saying what you don't know
Say what you know then... You are like a typical English fan... how are Liverpool an overnight success?
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Foodforthought: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
SirBunky85:
pls remove pochettino's name from dat list.how's he a "world class"?
good question
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by xcellencia(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
DaySpringer:
The headline is misleading.
These coaches already have a club that they are managing with the exception of Antonio Conte and Arsene Wenger.
You cannot expect them to leave their good clubs for a struggling Real Madrid with the heavy pressure of being the team that just won the champions league back to back.
What is it misleading about the headline? Xcept ur comment is misleading then the headline would be misleading! As U rightly put, for the coaches that have clubs, will not leave their clubs for the struggling, underperforming Real Madrid, who has a long history of putting pressure on coaches and sacking underperforming coaches without 2nd chance. Eg, Sarri was with Napoli but when Chelsea came and he accepted, but in Madrid case, both the contracted coaches and the free agents, are not willing to be contracted or REJECTED THE BID TO BE CONTRACTED FOR THE TOP JOB AT MADRID.
DaySpringer:
These coaches already have a club that they are managing with the exception of Antonio Conte and Arsene Wenger.
You cannot expect them to leave their good clubs for a struggling Real Madrid with the heavy pressure of being the team that just won the champions league back to back.
What is it misleading about the headline? Xcept ur comment is misleading then the headline would be misleading! As U rightly put, for the coaches that have clubs, will not leave their clubs for the struggling, underperforming Real Madrid, who has a long history of putting pressure on coaches and sacking underperforming coaches without 2nd chance. Eg, Sarri was with Napoli but when Chelsea came and he accepted, but in Madrid case, both the contracted coaches and the free agents, are not willing to be contracted or REJECTED THE BID TO BE CONTRACTED FOR THE TOP JOB AT MADRID.
DaySpringer:
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Carlyscales: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
erumena:
Someone sat down and wrote this rubbish!

Can you prove all that you wrote up there? These are all speculations.

Real Madrid players actually rejected Antonio Conte over his hard stance of management.

Get your facts right!
That's even the worst sef.
How do u reject when u ain't even sure of any. The best thing for u guys is just to change Perez infact
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Carlyscales: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
Topmaike007:
non of them reject job at madrid.......QUOTE ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU PROVE WITH LINK
Just start dropping the links B4 I get there!

Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Carlyscales: 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
dominique:
Apart from Conte, I don't think the other coaches on the list have been approached yet. I doubt if any coach will want to take on the team in it's current form. They will just have to make do with their interim coach till next year when transfer window opens.
Like u don't know Madrid!

At their level they can approach anyone anytime. That's how they got Lopetegui
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Carlyscales: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
stan241:
How is a manager like Pochetttino who has never won a tin-pot before be classified as a "world class manager"?

How is Lopetegui in anyway better than pochettino

Infact is Zidane halve as good as pochettino when he was appointment Real's manager

Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by fabienjoe: 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2018
fishmillan:
I want to believe you are jobless .... angry
Jobless for correcting a mistake? I think not...
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Akinz0126(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
sarcasticdude:
Nawao!! And I don give madrid straight win for my ticket already sad

Bro worry less Madrid are gonna win there next game.That lopetegui coach bleeped up big time by not giving vincius junior a playing time now the gut showed what a beast he can become from our last match including oriozola.keep calm Madrid are gonna win their laliga n champ games
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by babakb: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
Ozkar:
All this one na noise. Madrid's problem is psychological, just as it was in 2015. Madrid was on a path downhill (and sacked their coach after another Barcelona mauling) before Zidane came in mid-season to turn their fortunes around and win the first of 3 consecutive UCL titles.

Ronaldo was around since 2009, but it wasn't until Bale joined that Madrid won their next UCL, and it wasn't until Zidane took over that they managed their 3-title feat. But despite all the UCL glory, they have been near-useless in La Liga because it takes consistency and not luck to win it.

Around December last season, Ronaldo had just two la liga goals and that was not because he wasn't playing or taking shots. He had a team that stepped up the many times he had a bad game and was there to support him when he was in red-hot form.

Bros all this na stories, Cr7 was UCL top scorer for 6 consecutive seasons and you call that luck? Even lapotegi father confessed that they stole 50 goals away from his son. Common
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by Maxcollins042(m): 6:41am On Nov 03, 2018
bettercreature:
Hmmmmm it’s not a fake news, they all rejected it. It’s the most difficult job at the moment
Even Neymar and Mbappe combined together can not save them at the moment as you can see they are not able to save PSG
In Ronaldo you have so many things,Certified 50 goals both direct shot and tap-ins, you have a leader, you have penaldo,tapnado,goat,fighter and a celebrity! MADRID lost everything
Conte never turned down the job rather Real Madrid rejected him.
Re: 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid by sarcasticdude(m): 9:08am On Nov 03, 2018
Akinz0126:

Bro worry less Madrid are gonna win there next game.That lopetegui coach bleeped up big time by not giving vincius junior a playing time now the gut showed what a beast he can become from our last match including oriozola.keep calm Madrid are gonna win their laliga n champ games

Ok fingers crossed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ighalo, Wife And Daughter At Ogenyi's Wedding / Oluwatofunmi Fadesire Olu-Heavy Nigeria Representative At Arnold Classic Africa / Kylian Mbappe: PSG Accepts Al Hilal's £259m For Wantaway French Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.