Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (115598 Views)

Nigeria. Vs Cape Verde: World Cup Qualifiers: (1 - 1) - Full Time / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Archmage(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Onuachu is tall, strong, pacy too. He also hungry unlike the ill-motivated lacklustre effigy called Iheanachor. How can one call himself a striker and you can't even get a shot on target in 90 mins?

I like his direct approach. And he is quite a dribbler despite his height. his positioning and poaching instincts are admirable. he could be our missing piece. But it seems Rohr does not like experimenting with the team. I still don't understand why he keeps starting iheanacho even after trying him in that role many times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by BluntBoy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
tamethem:

I know it sounds ridiculous, what if Seychelles by magic beat Eagles grin are we still qualified.

We have qualified no matter what happens.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by daisidgreat(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
Nigeria won the match. Shame on the officials

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Kingtim(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
KingTom:
He won't grin Nice moniker
Lol, Cool
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You 'scored' against the run of play. South Africans deserve the win, they are more cohesive, fighting for the ball and giving proper decisive passes, they hardly lose possession. They just don't have dangermen and finishers.

Nigeria deserved to lose this match. If Iheanachor the waste pipe goes to cameroun in 2019, he will be a big embarrasment. He shouldnt be getting call ups anymore when we have better players like Paul Onuachu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2tu7K66EY8
I wonder why Paul Onuachu has not been called to play for the National team. He is such a good striker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by princfred(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
obonujoker:

Play only Balogun and ekong... Collins and Idowu as 3 and 2....
Collins who made 0 cross into the area today, that one na player? Ola is far better.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by IbrahimDamola: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
Archmage:

I like his direct approach. And he is quite a dribbler despite his height. his positioning and poaching instincts are admirable. he could be our missing piece. But it seems Rohr does not like experimenting with the team. I still don't understand why he keeps starting iheanacho even after trying him in that role many times.

When was the last time nigeria scored from a corner? If I play a team against Nigeria, even if nigeria gets 30 corners, I won't bother myself those 30 times because I know they don't convert dead balls because they don't have good poacher to capitalize but with a player like Paul, more conversions should be expected from corners.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by princfred(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2018
Rogerz007:

Iwobi may not be world class yet.. But is well on his way to be one.. He is clearly our best midfielder.. So what were you saying again!!!! undecided undecided
Its easy to see that the strategy of the team is to kick the ball around long enough till Iwobi makes a perfect defense splitting pass to Musa. It's good to see how Musa has matured as a player over the years as he used to be headless running chicken of the team.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Neo2011: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
frugal:

Don't mind them jor. There's a reason he's the coach and not them. Reading a match is not about making hasty substitute decisions.

I understand the coach's approach of playing 3 central defenders. The problem is the personel playing the role. Omeruo is not good with the ball on its feet like the other 2 defenders. He is also slow to turn and generally slow to dash in short distance. And he reads his incerption wrongly. That was why we conceeded that goal. And he just put unnecessary pressure on the defense all thorugh. He was always struggling to contain the quick SA strikers.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Lhimeet(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
MsGood:
Bros, please when is our next match?
I don't have an idea..
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by princfred(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

When was the last time nigeria scored from a corner? If I play a team against Nigeria, if they get 30 corners, I won't bother myself those 30 times because I know they don't convert dead balls because they don't have good poacher to capitalize but with a player like Paul, more conversions should be expected from corners.
The guy should replace Ihenacho whose talent has expired.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by IbrahimDamola: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
princfred:
Collins who made 0 cross into the area today that one na player? Ola is far better.

Who is that collins guy sef? that guy was another big disappointment at the left back. All the dangerous offensive play from Bafana came through his wing. That Bafana right winger ran him ragged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by femi4: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
tamethem:

I know it sounds ridiculous, what if Seychelles by magic beat Eagles grin are we still qualified.

Dem no teach you maths ni
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
Witlee:

Thank you bro I was about saying this
Forget Some mistakes the coach makes but he is definitely pushing us forward

I wonder for some people on this thread oooo

Just one bad game that we are not even losing.....and everybody is talking rubbish.

Wonder what they would be saying if we didnt have 1 goal.

At least we bloody qualified......something we have not managed in the last 6 years or so

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Rajosh(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
Oklander:
As far I am concerned, Naija won this match 3-1. Smh.
same here. The match is 3-1

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by OrireSA(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
OJORO ooo! Bafana and the ref cheated Nigeria, I was born in SA but I adopted Nigeria as my country 3 years ago lol I really love everything about Naija & I've dated a few girls from Nigeria I even learned Yobura anyway I'm sorry guys

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by princfred(m): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
Neo2011:

I understand the coach's approach of playing 3 central defenders. The problem is the personel playing the role. Omeruo is not good with the ball on its feet like the other 2 defenders. He is also slow to turn and generally slow dash in short distance. And he reads his incerption wrongly. That was why we conceeded that goal. And he ust put unnecessary pressure on the defense all thorugh. He was always struggling to contain the quick SA strikers.
The coach actually played 5 yes five defenders. Your analysis on Omeruo is just true. He should leave 5 &6 for Ekong and Balogun and play 3. He did better there which made the SA best player switch to the left side. The coach has good formation but making good substitution and on time is his weakness.

Both Omeruo's slow reaction ( slow against Messi for the first goal) and that of Rohr to making substitutes put paid against Nigeria vs Argentina.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by ganie(m): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
prinsam30:
honestly speaking we never get coach very tactless and useless like the lifeless one in Aso Rock

the idiott no sabi read games at all how u go remove Musa still leave that mumu Alex for field
Same way he was when he qualified your country to the w/cup and had a decent outing considering the group. Again,he has taken us to the nations cup but all you do is to rant .... children of hate SMH.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Hamilton1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Mak dem Sack dos lines Men

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by princfred(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Who is that collins guy sef? that guy was another big disappointment at the left back. All the dangerous offensive play from Bafana came through his wing. That Bafana right winger ran him ragged.
They found him out very early and capitalized all through until Omeruo went there forcing the "bad" SA player to switch sides. That's the weak side of Rohr - he allows a weakness fester for too long instead of making timely proper substitutions.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by IbrahimDamola: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
BluntBoy:

You obviously don't know South Africa.

That is how they play. Even their countrymen know them that is why they hardly come to watch them.

It is not a new thing if South Africa dominates a game. They always dominate games even against big teams. Even with their best strikers, they can dominate a game and still not score.

Ghana would have dismantled them with all their showy football.

Domination of games is integral to winning matches. If a domineering team is not winning matches all they need to do is to fix the 'scoring department' and start winning. That's what the south africans need.

All over the world, big teams dominate matches before they can become consistent winners. So I think the Bafana team are on the right track. I wish the Eagles can play as cohesive as they do, it would be a wonder to watch.

So domination of matches is a pre-requisite to winning matches. Barca, Rmadrid, chelsea, arsenal all dominate games before they win.

Gernot rohr should be calling Stuart Baxter for lessons on tactics and technics after today's match.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Hamilton1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You 'scored' against the run of play. South Africans deserve the win, they are more cohesive, fighting for the ball and giving proper decisive passes, they hardly lose possession. They just don't have dangermen and finishers.

Nigeria deserved to lose this match. If Iheanachor the waste pipe goes to cameroun in 2019, he will be a big embarrasment. He shouldnt be getting call ups anymore when we have better players like Paul Onuachu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2tu7K66EY8

Thunder from sambisa fire u der

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by princfred(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
prinsam30:
honestly speaking we never get coach very tactless and useless like the lifeless one in Aso Rock

the idiott no sabi read games at all how u go remove Musa still leave that mumu Alex for field
The man has good formations and good tactics (getting Kalu to remain defensive like a right back but overlap and the team to fall back behind the ball to choke SA attack) but is poor at substitutions and timeliness. Iwobi was overwhelmed, Musa was still in the game - wrong change.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Iwantslavesgone: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
OrireSA:
OJORO ooo! Bafana and the ref cheated Nigeria, I was born in SA but I adopted Nigeria as my country 3 years ago lol I really love everything about Naija & I've dated a few girls from Nigeria I even learned Yobura anyway I'm sorry guys

You really look disgusting . Probably one of these nigerian criminibals giving us a bad name over there . You look hungry and poor grin.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
MsGood:

I said that is who I CAN REMEMBER.
P.S: I started watching football in early twenties. There's no shame in that.
Celestine Babayaeo
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Domination of games is integral to winning matches. If a domineering team is not winning matches all they need to do is to fix the 'scoring department' and start winning. That's what the south africans need.

All over the world, big teams dominate matches before they can become consistent winners. So I think the Bafana team are on the right track. I wish the Eagles can play as cohesive as they do, it would be a wonder to watch.

So domination of matches is a pre-requisite to winning matches. Barca, Rmadrid, chelsea, arsenal all dominate games before they win.

Gernot rohr should be calling Stuart Baxter for lessons on tactics and technics after today's match.

rohr should call a coach that could not qualify for the world cup for lessons

on what?

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by IbrahimDamola: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
kenddys:

on what?

Baxter is a good tactician, he just doesn't have a big pool of talents to choose from unlike Gernot Rohr who does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
Goldaccumulator:

lol ok, them draw. lucky u. next time dont put money for the useless team o. those guys can collect bribe to loose match against even yabaleft united
grin i was only trying to double my weekend paroles money. ThankGod coz that was a narrow xcape loss.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by kapelvej: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Titovanzel:

While I'm a LADY, u are very much welcome!
Ohhhh, my apologies, My sincere apologies. It is nice to know that ladies follow football. This is really nice.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Skseries: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Did u expect Mancity to lose to Lyon at home?
am not arguing with u anymore, u have the right to ur opinion.
Like I said rhor always have yeye reason for losing. Here his what he has to say, lol to think we didn't even score a goal,

Rohr told Super Sports after the game.

“We tried to score more goals in the second half but we did not want to take any risk because we knew a draw will qualify to 2019 African Cup of Nations in Cameroon
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by DonMekino(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Aystarz:

Frustration don sama us something tey, we no fit even see logic in anything
grin grin grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by DonMekino(m): 6:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
kenddys:

on what?
Forget d guy jare...sometimes allowing ur opponent dominate possession is also a tactic... U then work on ur movement off d ball... Were Nigerians expecting south Africa to roll over on their own backyard In football, getting a draw u needed to qualify is a good result...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 / Portugal Vs Spain: World Cup 2018 - 3 - 3 (Full-Time) / Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.