Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (115559 Views)

Nigeria. Vs Cape Verde: World Cup Qualifiers: (1 - 1) - Full Time / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
The referee and his assistants should be queried after this match.

The two offside decisions against nigeria were very poor officiating. I expect NFF to write a letter of protest against the referee and his assistants.
Very poor decisions by that officiating crew ... they denied us our sweet victory in that South African stadium!

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by mablie(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
Has CAF made any announcement on the use of VAR at next years AFCON?

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Naijaarchive(m): 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by AreaFada2: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by adamskutty(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
zaynah:
correct guy must use condoms when playing away
give me ur number pls fine gaaal! cheesy
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by mechanics(m): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Thank God, it was not easy at all.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by kenzysmith: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bblessing37:
That our coach no dey try at all. He doesn't know how to substitute. How come he substitute at 90mins when match don almost end? He cldnt even put the lastest Villa real striker. He just bench the guy. the coach no dey try at all. He doesn't give other players changes to express their skills.
the coach ve done well just because ur so called siasia no get work every small thing the coach is bad go back am now appreciate good for once make better thing come ur life
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by kenzysmith: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
LordCenturion:

I have said it several times, even before the world Cup that rohr isn't a good coach, he was lucky because he got good hardworking players in his era for Eagle, a player like etebo, musa, ndidi , balogun and his partner, he remember to do sub because South Africa do substitution,if not,he would hav make his first sub at 91 minutes, thank god that Nigeria now got good main central backs, if not, we would have been disgrace everywhere, he doesn't read game, if I were him, I will even bench iwobi and introduce him in second half around 60 minutes because the lad got tired quickly wen playing for Eagle, even from first 35 minutes,the same against libya untill full-time and rohr didn't notice. He remove musa instead of iwobi, infact the coach isn't a good coach, he needs to go for more extra coaching school. That's y his former club can not allow him more than 3 months before he got a job in Africa, we hav good coaches in Nigeria like siasia, but advantages of rohr is that he attracts more foreign base Nigeria players.
bro I for insult but u re wicked because he is not a Nigerian u re just criticizing a man that is giving Nigeria identity again when last did u play at the nation cup if not am scared of be ban I would very laid a course on u
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Baxter is a good tactician, he just doesn't have a big pool of talents to choose from unlike Gernot Rohr who does.

pool of talent were?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by BluntBoy(m): 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Domination of games is integral to winning matches. If a domineering team is not winning matches all they need to do is to fix the 'scoring department' and start winning. That's what the south africans need.

All over the world, big teams dominate matches before they can become consistent winners. So I think the Bafana team are on the right track. I wish the Eagles can play as cohesive as they do, it would be a wonder to watch.

So domination of matches is a pre-requisite to winning matches. Barca, Rmadrid, chelsea, arsenal all dominate games before they win.

Gernot rohr should be calling Stuart Baxter for lessons on tactics and technics after today's match.

This goes beyond Baxter. Bafana Bafana have always been like that. They appear to play for possessions but rarely win in the end. Another team is Cape Verde. They play very tantalizing football only to lose in the end.

Anyway, you are right. They need to fix their striking department. They are on the right track but it is laughable that after playing fine football for years, they have not been able to fix their striking department. Look at their stadia, they are always empty when Bafana Bafana play. They are entertaining to watch but the end result always leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of their fans.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by benzzyno(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Skseries:
bros the argument and point here is we are not playing well, Argentina has no reason drawing with ice land and they only won us due to tactical error of rohr. If they played well the only team they shud draw with is Croatia. Do u expect man city to lose to fullham? Answer is no. There are expectation for teams that's bcus every team has a standard. If we shud go by ur excuse then we shouldn't be complaining abt Man U performance this season, after all in ur words football no be 1+1 lolzz
. I understand u.. Buh my point is everything is possible in football.. A team would not always play well.. Wolves almost beat arsenal for emirates and Barcelona lost to real Sociedad last week to a whooping 3-4 at camp nou.. And me and u sabi say Barcelona na one of the best teams in the world.. I knw say you understand still. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by vince96w2(m): 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You 'scored' against the run of play. South Africans deserve the win, they are more cohesive, fighting for the ball and giving proper decisive passes, they hardly lose possession. They just don't have dangermen and finishers.

Nigeria deserved to lose this match. If Iheanachor the waste pipe goes to cameroun in 2019, he will be a big embarrasment. He shouldnt be getting call ups anymore when we have better players like Paul Onuachu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2tu7K66EY8
how you they watch ball self... No be goals they win match? And we scored 3...
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Smooyis(m): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
The linemen though. Nigeria won by 3 goals to 1. Our coach should buckle up.. And the players too shocked shocked sad
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by LordCenturion(m): 12:17am On Nov 18, 2018
kenzysmith:
bro I for insult but u re wicked because he is not a Nigerian u re just criticizing a man that is giving Nigeria identity again when last did u play at the nation cup if not am scared of be ban I would very laid a course on u

No matter how you curse, it can never do anything to me, but your curse can only work on your family and people that have connection with you because you shared bonds with them not me that you've never seen or met before and we never has any thing that connect us together.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by RaymondFlick: 4:05am On Nov 18, 2018
hmm.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MPSA(m): 7:13am On Nov 18, 2018
I don't believe this source, According to Big Mouth Nigerians, Hiv and Nigeria is like "Oil and Water", They don't mix, See how much hiv affected that country , This is sad tongue http://www.unaids.org/en/regionscountries/countries/nigeria

May God support Bafana to qualify for next year tournament grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by aobaro(m): 7:21am On Nov 18, 2018
Meanwhile SportyBet gives some of the best odds,on the spot analysis, in game tracker, winning on spoiled ticket......

Punters I recommend that you sign up,and don't loose your bets again....

https://www.sportybet.com/ng/?creativeId=180307042240SOL67814320&from=PRDOXM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by OrireSA(m): 8:38am On Nov 18, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

You really look disgusting . Probably one of these nigerian criminibals giving us a bad name over there . You look hungry and poor grin.
lol I'm not Nigerian by origin but your opinion of me won't change the price of bread :-)
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2018
OrireSA:
lol I'm not Nigerian by origin but your opinion of me won't change the price of bread :-)
Learn to ignore
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by OrireSA(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Learn to ignore
noted thanks :-)
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Omadachi(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
From the look of things I doubt if South Africa will qualify for the nations cup as I don't see them beating Libya. Nigeria coach need to inject new blood into the team.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Iwantslavesgone: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
OrireSA:

Guy , you look ugly. Typical of a flatty drug dealer , stop shaming Nigeria over there and move back to your papaland in poto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Pinkyhubb: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Duru1(m): 5:00am On Nov 21, 2018
princfred:
They found him out very early and capitalized all through until Omeruo went there forcing the "bad" SA player to switch sides. That's the weak side of Rohr - he allows a weakness fester for too long instead of making timely proper substitutions.

Can you believe that some dudes have castigated Omeruo? If not for Omeruo close watch on the SA winger, the SA would have won the match. Most Nigerians tend to have certain drawbacks in their minds when they go for critic.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by IronGalaxy: 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Baxter is a good tactician, he just doesn't have a big pool of talents to choose from unlike Gernot Rohr who does.
the talent is there. We just don't have aggressive front men
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
aobaro:
Meanwhile SportyBet gives some of the best odds,on the spot analysis, in game tracker, winning on spoiled ticket......Punters I recommend that you sign up,and don't loose your bets again....

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs England: FIFA Women's World Cup 2023. (2 - 4)pens On 7th August 2023 / Portugal Vs Spain: World Cup 2018 - 3 - 3 (Full-Time) / Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.