Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,398 members, 7,958,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:45 AM

Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos (817 Views)

Governor Soludo Visits Chief Willie Obiano And Ebele Obiano (Photos) / Soludo On A 'Thank You' Visit To Governor Obiano (Photos) / N-APGA, APGA Faction Emerges In Imo: Protests Against Obiano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by Gossiplover: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
Aggrieved Anglican priests today, blocked the Anambra government house to protest against Governor Willie Obiano over the alleged seizure of a primary school in Onitsha by their Catholic counterpart.

The Anglican priests all dressed in their priestly robes and numbering about 200, claimed that the primary school belonged to them. They further accused Governor Willie Obiano, who is a Catholic of aiding his church in the seizure of the property which belonged to them.

Few weeks ago it was reported that the cold war existing between the Anglican Communion and the Catholic Church in Anambra State, was reignited after Anglicans were stopped security operatives from worshiping at Bishop Crowther Memorial Church, BCM, in Bishop’ Crowther Primary School, owned by the Diocese on the Niger.

BCM is located at the back of the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity Onitsha, belonging to the Catholic Church. When Vanguard visited the church as early as 8.20 am, worshippers were seen standing in front of the house of the priest in charge of the church, Rev. Dr Leonard Onwuzuligbo, praying and singing praises to God, while stern looking Policemen, officers of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence, men of the Anambra State Vigilante, AVS, and men of Operation Clean and Healthy Anambra State, popular known as OCHA Brigade barricaded the entrance gate of the church.

However the Anambra State Government through the Chief of Staff to Governor Willie Obiano, Mr. Primus Odili stated that the land does not belong to either of the Churches but to the state government and that the state government has the right to give it to the catholic church.

lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
I trust Christians to resolve this amicably.

If it is one religion I wouldn't want to mention, by now they must have shot 20 people dead, burn tyres, burn houses, rape women and cut off people hands.

Christianity is truely the religion of peace and love.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by jumper524(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

If it is one religion I wouldn't want to mention, by now they must have shot 20 people dead, burn tyres, burn houses, rape women and cut off people hands.

religion teaches us to respect one another irrespective of their belief..
stop disgracing christainity by going sacarstic..

1 Like

Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by richidinho(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
obidiently Atikulated

Job creators everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by bigkahuna704(m): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2018
I WILL SAY SOMETHING LATER
Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by Sunofgod(m): 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
Dem dey craze...
Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

This comment you’ve made says so much about you and Christianity. Than the other religion you refused to mention .
It says how intolerant and how much hatred you have inside of you .
I bet you didn’t even read the post . I’ll extract it for you
Aggrieved Anglican priests today, blocked the Anambra government house to protest against Governor Willie Obiano over the alleged seizure of a primary school in Onitsha by their Catholic counterpart.
At the bolded , it’s Anglican fighting catholic. Christian fighting Christian. But you’re here to say nonsense and bring another religion entirely that has nothing to do with it into your post .
I hope you get well soon

1 Like

Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by hisgrace090: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
If the Christians are worshiping the same God why dragging a place of worship already occupied by chrisrians by a fellow christian?
Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by oilPUSSY(f): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
4601CE:

This comment you’ve made says so much about you and Christianity. Than the other religion you refused to mention .
It says how intolerant and how much hatred you have inside of you .
I bet you didn’t even read the post . I’ll extract it for you

At the bolded , it’s Anglican fighting catholic. Christian fighting Christian. But you’re here to say nonsense and bring another religion entirely that has nothing to do with it into your post .
I hope you get well soon
Guilty conscience, why are you crying ?
Did he mention any religion?
So many religions operate in Nigeria... Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Traditional worshippers Etc. This comment of yours shows that the person you quoted has been justified.

Meanwhile I didn't see any fight going on as you want to paint it. Christianity doesn't operate that way.
What I saw there is a peaceful protest, human heads are not rolling on ground.
Re: Anglican Priests Block Anambra Government House To Protest Against Obiano.Photos by Gossiplover: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
no need for religious sentiments, we are all one.
SpecialAdviser:

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Might Not Be The Real Buhari, Judging By This Photo / Why Obasanjo's Stand On President Buhari Should Be Taken Seriouslessly / Did Peter Obi And The DSS Have The Right To Detain Elrufai Back In 2014?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.