Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) (2237 Views)

Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos) / Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
State of Unity

The world's tallest statue has been unveiled in India after nearly five years of construction.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 597ft tall statue of India's late independence leader Sardar Vallabbhai Patel on the bank of the Narmada river in Kevadia, in the western state of Gujarat.

The towering bronze monument, called 'Statue of Unity', is almost twice the height of the Statue of Liberty and nearly 100 feet higher than the current record holder, China's Spring Temple Buddha.

General view of the 'Statue of Unity' portraying Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, one ofthe founding fathers of India, during its inauguration in Kevadia, in the western state of Gujarat, India.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi posed for a photo as he took part in the inauguration festivities for the 'Statue Of Unity'

Earlier thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4418497/116billion-worlds-tallest-statue-set?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7031462447

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6336653/Worlds-tallest-statue-unveiled-India-Prime-Minister-inaugurates-597ft-tall-bronze-monument.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3972781580
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
Balloons in the colours of the Indian flag were release, and air force planes showered flower petals on the statue, which was built at a cost of over £450 million.

Helicopters release flowers during the inauguration of the "Statue of Unity" portraying Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.

Indian workers give the finishing touches to the world's tallest statue dedicated to late Indian independence leader, Patel

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Generalkaycee(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
I don't know of anybody who had a statue built of them while they were living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
Surrounded by the waters of the Narmada river, the statue stands at five times the height of Rio De Janeiro's famous statue of Christ The Redeemer and more than double the height of Russia's imposing The Motherland Calls statue in Volgograd.

Millions of tonnes of cement and steel have been shuttled to the site over the five years of construction, and recycled iron has been used for thestatue's foundation.

Thousands of labourers and hundreds of engineers worked on the project, Gujarat's Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said.

Along with a visitor's centre, the Statue of Unity will have a viewing gallery at more than 500 feet, which can accommodate up to 200 visitors at a time, offering expansive views of the surrounding area.

Adjacent to the attraction will be a three-star 128-room hotel, with restaurant and conference facilities.

2 Likes

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by lexy070(m): 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rocha's would use the states budget to build the statue. He still dey learn for where dis one dey

2 Likes

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Annnonymous: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rochas right now......thinking of how to break the record cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
Where man never see food
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by LuciferYaweh: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
A country with the highest faeces production in the world.

*spits angry

Explorers, I hope you didn't touch that statue, if you did, rush down to the nearest hospital & get Soliris before you touch your wife or baby.

Its exactly what I did after I fingered pocohantas & broke out in warts.

3 Likes

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
OK
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
@explorers, what's the economic advantages of the statue?

Is it a mall, library or hotel of some Sort?
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by hahn(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
krattoss:

What do you mean?

1 Like

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
krattoss:

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A COUNTRY WHERE 10 OUT OF EVERY 11 HOUSES DON'T HAVE A TOILET SYSTEM BELIEVES THAT SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THIS "STATUE OF UNITY" JUST TO EMULATE AMERICA AND HER "STATUE OF LIBERTY" IS A BETTER PRIORITY.

COMPLETE WASTE IF YOU ASK ME.

7 Likes

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
hahn:

What do you mean?
I mean those the building host economic facilities like mall, hospital, trade center, etc or is it just an empty statue.
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A COUNTRY WHERE 10 OUT OF EVERY 11 HOUSES DON'T HAVE A TOILET SYSTEM BELIEVES THAT SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THIS "STATUE OF UNITY" JUST TO EMULATE AMERICA AND HER "STATUE OF LIBERTY" IS A BETTER PRIORITY.

COMPLETE WASTE IF YOU ASK ME.
if it brings tourism attraction to the economy, it is OK and a welcome development. Hence why I asked the question.
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2018
This statue is very wonderful man

I will built one if me becoming the governor of nigeria
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by hahn(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
krattoss:
I mean those the building host economic facilities like mall, hospital, trade center, etc or is it just an empty statue.

You didn't get the pic grin
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by HawkToBar(m): 1:49am On Nov 03, 2018
World Poorest Nation spending lavishly
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by judey1992(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2018
Guess the Statue was built for "beating the previous records" purposes?
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 04, 2018
did you say 5 years?
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Ranchhoddas: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2018
Generalkaycee:
I don't know of anybody who had a statue built of them while they were living.
A lot of footballers have statues!

1 Like

Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by madridguy(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2018
Seen shocked
Re: ₦213Billion, 597ft Tall: India Unveils World's Tallest Statue(Photos) by Beremx(f): 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rochas is a learner.

(1) (Reply)

Bolivia Visa Attention / Should I Still Relocate Abroad? / Oyo Or Delta State Which Is Better ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.