Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Should I Still Relocate Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Still Relocate Abroad? (2235 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hello Fam,

I am a tech bro and currently work for a remote company in Poland that pays me 4000 USD monthly.

Does it make sense to relocate abroad or stay put in Nigeria. Kindly advise, thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yeah, you can go to Ghana or Rwanda where there's a little stability and continue your work since it's also abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yeah, you can go to Ghana or Rwanda where there's a little bit stability and continue your work since it's also abroad.
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by jesmond3945: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

I am a tech bro and currently work for a remote company in Poland that pays me 4000 USD monthly.

Does it make sense to relocate abroad or stay put in Nigeria. Kindly advise, thank you.
nope. Abroad will reduce it with taxes and bills.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by hamouston91(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
what does moving abroad profits you? How has being in Nigeria affected you? What will be your loss upon moving abroad? What has been your loss,having remained in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by JASONjnr(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
If you're earning in dollars, staying in Nigeria will make you extremely rich... Because of the exchange rate... But traveling abroad will make you live an average life.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by advanceDNA: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

Stay naija dey ball....
u have roughly a purchasing power of 2.8m permonth... enter bank collect loan to set up your house and business. u wont even feel it if you use aprox 1.6 M per month to service 50Million naira loan repayment in 36months.... and u will still have 1.2M left to ball per month....

.nigga...u are shark in nigeria living on top of the food chain...dont go and be shrimp in the uk....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
hamouston91:
what does moving abroad profits you?
How has being in Nigeria affected you?
What will be your loss upon moving abroad?
What has been your loss,having remained in Nigeria.

I wanted to apply for Portugal D7 visa which allows me to stay in Portugal for 5 years and then apply for Portuguese citizenship.

Insecurity especially police wahala whenever I am driving my car.

Can't say really, based on research, I learned Portugal is quite cheap to live in so won't say there will be any loss and I can apply for NHR which gives me tax exemption or very little tax.

Spent quite much on electricity and data.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Evidenx(m): 7:33am On Oct 14, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

Guy your village people don dey set trap for you so. Stay nigeria,if abroad dey hungry you,go as a tourist and come back..
Open better business for naija,we go be second stream of income for you.

When your financial life don settle Wella,go one African country(south Africa,Rwanda,)go buy house marry and give your kids option of second citizenship because naija don cast.
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Hannania(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

Does it make sense to relocate abroad or stay put in Nigeria? Kindly advise, thank you.
Take advantage of the Remote worker visas in Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Estonia Holland ETC. While living there, you can easily get another job paying close to €90000 per year minus annual bonus or stock options. That's far better than living in Nigeria and just earning $4000/m with you providing your social amenities by yourself 100%.

But ofcourse, this is from the perception of thinking big. Mediocre will tell you it's enough and you're a king in Nigeria, which I won't blame them, but why settle for average when you can find balance with more.

I've noticed those who discourage people from traveling out are importers, Local business gangs making thousands or millions, and those doing business that won't flourish as in the west. It's understandable for them, but they forget the world does not revolve around them alone.

But for Tech bros like us, the opportunities are much out there than here. So please, use the digital nomad Visa and get to see the world beyond what Nigeria has made us believe to be normal

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Saverin: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

What's your stack?
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2022
Hannania:
Take advantage of the Remote worker visas in Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Estonia Holland ETC. While living there, you can easily get another job paying close to €90000 per year minus annual bonus or stock options. That's far better than living in Nigeria and just earning $4000/m with you providing your social amenities by yourself 100%.

But ofcourse, this is from the perception of thinking big. Mediocre will tell you it's enough and you're a king in Nigeria, which I won't blame them, but why settle for average when you can find balance with more.

I've noticed those who discourage people from traveling out are importers, Local business gangs making thousands or millions, and those doing business that won't flourish as in the west. It's understandable for them, but they forget the world does not revolve around them alone.

But for Tech bros like us, the opportunities are much out there than here. So please, use the digital nomad Visa and get to see the world beyond what Nigeria has made us believe to be normal

I hope you're not offering this advice from Nigeria
Majority of people abroad don't make that $4000/month after tax.
If you don't live abroad, you may think people pluck money from trees.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Hannania(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you're not offering this advice from Nigeria
The majority of people abroad don't make that $4000/month after tax.
If you don't live abroad, you may think people pluck money from trees.
Tech people are not your "Majority". And hope you were not blind to the stock options and annual bonus I mentioned which no firm will give while working remotely in NIGERIA. We need an orientation on the standard of living in this country. An average Nigerian doesn't even know the Full meaning of GDP and PPP, and discussions like this tend to be difficult to maintain due to poor educational foundations on those topics smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:30am On Oct 18, 2022
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Hannania(m): 10:00am On Oct 18, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
https://techcabal.com/2022/10/14/digital-nomads-from-nigeria-to-germany-with-a-e30000-pay-cut/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Read this op.
This dude was coding as a teenager while I was still thinking of Laplace Transform sad.
This life has no balance true true. But 43m cheesy...All I can say is OMO

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2022
Hannania:
This dude was coding as a teenager while I was still thinking of Laplace Transform sad.
This life has no balance true true. But 43m cheesy...All I can say is OMO

Guy eh I have said it people should be very intentional about life decisions. Most of the things we were told growing up are all lies big lies.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Hannania(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Guy eh I have said it people should be very intentional about life decisions. Most of the things we were told growing up are all lies big lies.
Millennials are lucky this day. The status quo of past orientation has changed greatly

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by excanny: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2022
You need to move to a country with a lower cost of living than Nigeria so you end up saving more for the future.

In Africa, that would mean good countries like Tunisia or Morocco.
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2022
Hannania:
Tech people are not your "Majority". And hope you were not blind to the stock options and annual bonus I mentioned which no firm will give while working remotely in NIGERIA. We need an orientation on the standard of living in this country. An average Nigerian doesn't even know the Full meaning of GDP and PPP, and discussions like this tend to be difficult to maintain due to poor educational foundations on those topics smiley

You just went straight like a typical Nigerian blabbing without addressing your question.
Where are you offering your advice from?? Do you have a practical experience of he advice you're giving out?
Let me not believe you're sitting there in Nigeria and quoting all these rubbish figures based on what read online.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Originalsly: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:

I wanted to apply for Portugal D7 visa which allows me to stay in Portugal for 5 years and then apply for Portuguese citizenship.

Insecurity especially police wahala whenever I am driving my car.

Can't say really, based on research, I learned Portugal is quite cheap to live in so won't say there will be any loss and I can apply for NHR which gives me tax exemption or very little tax.

Spent quite much on electricity and data.

Is the job guaranteed for life? If you move to Portugal.... will they still have the job? ... bear in mind many companies have remote workers to lessen payroll and avoid expenses such as taxes. If the migrate... hold the same job... and pay ... what would be your standard of living? ... would the salary be enough to maintain you earing in mind it will be wayyy higher than in Nigeria? What are your chances of finding another job over there?... do you speak Portuguese?

If electricity bill is stressing you in Nigeria ... what will happen in Portugal? ... or do you think electricity is free? .. do the conversion. Same with water bill. Did you consider Portugal is not hot all year? .. and the ongoing Ukraine/Russia War?

Not saying one shouldn't migrate or look for greener pastures.... but one should look well before leaping
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Hannania(m): 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

You just went straight like a typical Nigerian blabbing without addressing your question.
Where are you offering your advice from?? Do you have a practical experience of he advice you're giving out?
Let me not believe you're sitting there in Nigeria and quoting all these rubbish figures based on what read online.

If you didn't see reason from my previous write-ups, all I can say is good luck comrade smiley
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Kaycee54321(m): 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

If you could land 4K USD from Nigeria, that means you're good enough to do bigger numbers if you relocate abroad.

Did you see the news of a man who had sold his car and put up his house for sale so he could pay ransom for his two kidnapped children (who he may never see again)?

That's what Nigeria does to you.
Don't wait till you make up the statistics.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Treadway: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kaycee54321:

If you could land 4K USD from Nigeria, that means you're good enough to do bigger numbers if you relocate abroad.

Did you see the news of a man who had sold his car and put up his house for sale so he could pay ransom for his two kidnapped children (who he may never see again)?

That's what Nigeria does to you.
Don't wait till you make up the statistics.
lol. Issokay na. Roll up your sleeves cos you have plenty of work to do. With this your doomsday conclusion you gats relocate popsy, money, your brother(s), sister(s), uncle, aunt, cousin, grandparents (if still alive) in short the whole family tree before I take you seriously. Afterall, what kinda person would you be leaving your loved ones at the mercy of the situation you have so eloquently described?

OP, eti e melo! sit your ass down and grow your empire. You have an opportunity many would give an arm and leg for, earning good foreign money right here in Nigeria. E be like say you no know wetin GOD do for you, if that screenshot you put up there is true. But hey, if you are still itching/yearning, Goodluck!

AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello Fam,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Kaycee54321(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Treadway:
lol. Issokay na. Roll up your sleeves cos you have plenty of work to do. With this your doomsday conclusion you gats relocate popsy, money, your brother(s), sister(s), uncle, aunt, cousin, grandparents (if still alive) in short the whole family tree before I take you seriously. Afterall, what kinda person would you be leaving your loved ones at the mercy of the situation you have so eloquently described?

It's not a "doomsday conclusion", it's the current reality.

And your sarcastic suggestion to relocate the entire family tree is self deceiving, at best.

Sarcasm does not hide reality.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by Treadway: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kaycee54321:

And your sarcastic suggestion to relocate the entire family tree is self deceiving, at best.

hilarious.
Re: Should I Still Relocate Abroad? by SirVamo(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Ignore that guy, or didn't we hear of that YouTuber who was making at least 10K-20k dollars monthly? The one efcc wrongly labelled a yahoo boy and today after winning his court case against efcc, can't boast of a source of income?

That's the day I made up my mind to leave the country, I make good money in dollars but God forbid I stay in Nigeria...

Doomsday is a reality, if them no kidnap u, efcc or police or even shallow minded neighbours can label him a fraudster one day.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is For Nigerian International Passport, UK Visa And Uk Flight Ticket? / Getting Egypt Visa / Nigeria Market: Where Traditional Baskets (apere) And Chairs Are Made!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.