Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Nigeria Airways Payment Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Airways Payment Scam (308 Views)

Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Airways Payment Scam by felifeli: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
I frankly cannot comprehend not only why governments in power deem it right to so blatantly lie to Nigerians and yet more worrisome, why “educated” Nigerians who must know better, accept their blatant lies as gospel truth.

As one of its “achievements”, this APC government lays claims to resolving the issue of emoluments for former staff of the Nigeria Airways. This claim has been carried and re-echoed by sycophant drunken supporters who neither care to fact check nor speak truth to power.

Whilst they claim to be finally paying off the debt of this buried National mess called Nigeria Airways, recipients, at least those who have managed to collect, discovered that over 50% of monies owed were summarily deducted claiming part were fees due to the EFCC, FIRS, and other agencies of government who took part in the verification process.

Whilst over 70% are yet to be paid and probably will not be paid prior to the elections, it baffles me that those who have collected and were, in my view, illegally, shortchanged, did not see it as patriotic to refuse this show of shame as what it is, an act of National deception.

I challenge this government on behalf of not only the Nigeria Airways staff, all other pensioners and Public Service staff, to explain and support with law what business agencies like the EFCC have in receiving percentages of monies legitimately owed to fellow Nigerians.

THIS ILLEGALITY MUST STOP

Ozoluwa Giwa-Amu
Re: The Nigeria Airways Payment Scam by bedspread: 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
So Afterall It Was A Scam!!

This is a Dead Government!! I say this Unapologetically!
Re: The Nigeria Airways Payment Scam by felifeli: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
bedspread:
So Afterall It Was A Scam!!

This is a Dead Government!! I say this Unapologetically!

Definitely a scam. No question about that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: Gov. El-rufai Under Fire For Choosing Muslim As Running Mate / WAEC Explains Why Buhari Was Not Given Certificate In 2015 / How APC Dragged Millions Of Nigerians Into Poverty – Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.