Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France (724 Views)

Nigeria Economics Loses To Politics As Buhari Takes Naira Stand – Bloomberg / Buhari: 'I Will Never Quit Politics As Far As I Live' / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by deliceshop(m): 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2010
Nigeria is as much a corrupt country as France is today

only different is in France they Pratice cooperate corruption while in Nigeria we Pratice Area boys corruption.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100715/tpl-uk-france-bettencourt-39349ed.html
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Ikengawo: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2010
all countries are corrupt and nigeria is by no means the most corrupt.
its just the western ones don't call it corrupt and the rest of the world waits for their call on things to make it official.

the US prints out money that they dont have, most US dollars since 1950 are technically counter fit. only they call it 'keysian economics' and the rest of the world thus calls it genius. Yet it's so genius the IMF and world bank don't allow other countries to do it, especially to the extent the US has
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by philip0906(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2010
^^
yes u r right. . .but these countries r much developed than we r,have everything they need 2 make life easy 4 them,they don't even know what 2 do wiff money again they now go 2 d moon. . .but here we don't even have d basics,so my broda,ITS MUCH DIFFERENT wink
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Ikengawo: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2010
they are developed because their private sectors developed them

water in these countries is provided by the private sector
electric- private
building is done by the private sector

if you look at amsterdam you see a large luxurious city built all most entirely by the dutch people not the government.

in nigeria we expect government to bring light and water and they can't because providing light and water for 200,000,000 people that don't pay bills or taxes is impossible for any government.

we are underdeveloped because of out mentality not our politics, democratic politics is corrupt everywhere. our politicians steal millions while US ones steal billions, we are even amateurs in the corruption game. The only difference is Americans and the Dutch are building themselves things they dont have while we wait for them to build it then yern out politicians to do it for us.

power plants and airports were not invented by an government.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by deliceshop(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
Ikengawo:

they are developed because their private sectors developed them

water in these countries is provided by the private sector
electric- private
building is done by the private sector

if you look at Amsterdam you see a large luxurious city built all most entirely by the dutch people not the government.

in Nigeria we expect government to bring light and water and they can't because providing light and water for 200,000,000 people that don't pay bills or taxes is impossible for any government.

we are underdeveloped because of out mentality not our politics, democratic politics is corrupt everywhere. our politicians steal millions while US ones steal billions, we are even amateurs in the corruption game. The only difference is Americans and the Dutch are building themselves things they dont have while we wait for them to build it then yern out politicians to do it for us.

power plants and airports were not invented by an government.

Hello My brother you have spoken but i will tell you do you think our private sector are encourage by our people to build or say invest there money

example if i bring a private sector to Nigeria to invest in our Electricity problem what is the possibility that our people Will pay

so if those people steal the money can invest it back just the way people in France Amsterdam UK and USA does then we have a way out

our stupidity even make us steal here and take it abroad where you Will even have to pay tax on money you did not earn in there country

My fellows I waiting to read more of your contributions
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by ikeyman00(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

mr man

tax payers built most of the infrastructers in oyiboland

who build the roads; ??

make una cop our oil money finis allah !!! walahiii
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by deliceshop(m): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

mr man

tax payers built most of the infrastructers in oyiboland

who build the roads; ??

make una cop our oil money finis allah !!! walahiii

Yea because its there country they steal and invest back in there economy but we Nigerian's We steal an Invest in there Economy and whenyou are caught The Oyinbo man will refuse to give you back your money they will tell you you are washing money, laundering money stealing from government but they took it from you in the first place

so why you thief not think of investing that money beck in Nigeria where you stole it from

And I know TAX payers money fix the road but not in Nigeria because all those factory big companies in apapa and other part of Nigeria pay TAX but what is done with all this money no be today they have been paying tax oooo
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Ikengawo: 6:59am On Jul 21, 2010
Hello My brother you have spoken but i will tell you do you think our private sector are encourage by our people to build or say invest there money

example if i bring a private sector to Nigeria to invest in our Electricity problem what is the possibility that our people Will pay

so if those people steal the money can invest it back just the way people in France Amsterdam UK and USA does then we have a way out

our stupidity even make us steal here and take it abroad where you Will even have to pay tax on money you did not earn in there country

My fellows I waiting to read more of your contributions

well then you're not disagreeing with me. our mentality is what keeps us underdeveloped, not our government. our government after all is a bunch of nigerians. we're too short sighted.

but in the west most development is not done by the government. there are probably a total of 20 government built building in the whole of NY.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by philip0906(m): 7:25am On Jul 21, 2010
^^
so it is d poor man(over 70% of d populace) that lives on less than a dollar a day,struggling 2 feed himself not 2 talk of his family,dat will develope Nigeria?The white men dat developed their country,had d govt first play their own part by giving them d basics(atleast) b4 they in turn developed their country.Here our govt have given us absolutely nothing. . .not even light,road,water,security and yet u say we should champion development?what will be d govts own duty,if they can't provide d basics?eat d billions made from oil? undecided
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Ikengawo: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2010
hell yes it's the poor man making less then a dollar a day that will develop the country.

THIS IS HOW DEVELOPMENT IS DONE PEOPLE.

im telling you this and you're acting like im crazy. If you count the amount of building and facilities in the US built by the government in comparison to common people you will be mind blown. americans actually hate when their government is building too much stuff of them cause GOVERNMENT BUILT FACILITIES WILL ALWAYS BE LOWER QUALITY THEN PRIVATE PROFITABLE ONES.

the government in the US builds the army, builds roads, and maintains schools but most of the time doesn't initially build them as a core responsiblity. Then there's extra stuff like providing benefits and institutions of law and social service but everything ppl need, food, water, clothing, shelter, electricity, ect is all private.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by sd6: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2010
@ikengawo
are u sure u live in nigeria? What kind of stupid suggestion are u makin? That the private sector is responsible for development? In a country that lack the basic societal amenities? U're a nincompoop! And maybe its ur illiteracy. Look governments establish the basic foundation for development without which it is impossible to build a nation. When politicians embezzle money and refuse to plough back such money into the GDP of the country, it leads to capital investment flight resultin to poor infrastructural amenities.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by deliceshop(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2010
Can you Imagine french president made a law to give money back to rich folks that pay too much tax

meanwhile this are the same people who gave him envelops before he was president.

Can you Imagine minister for Budget wife working for the richest woman in France

got the job after her husband recommended her.

Can you imagine custom official look away on your container when they pass through the port

All this in same France

This is Big time Corruption

Nigeria Need to be Re-branded, We are not Corrupt yet we are just Big selfish people.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Duroe: 11:39am On Jul 21, 2010
Yes private sector are involved more in the development of those countries. But the govt made it easy for them to operate. Our govt will like to dierectly control the flow of investment, control land and sea even wants to single handedly control peoples lives. They make very policy to frustrate the private sectors- especially indigenous ones while they open our economy for the importation of almost everything so as to be in the good book of the imperialis western world.
When we have patriotic people in govt, then we can start talking of good governance. Why do our leaders run to USA, UK to have a meeting with their leaders immediately they get to power? Have they seen an American President or UK PM running to Nigeria as soon as they get to office? We even beg them to pls remember to visit us on ur tour around the world.
Nigeria- the largest concentration of the blacks on earth is a big disappointment to heaven and the black race. We have lost confidence in our ability to be great by our own initiative.
If we put our house in order, all these developed countries will be the ones coming to seek investment opportunities in our country.
We can still make use of their technological advancement without we playing the servants to a master relationship with them.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Ikengawo: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2010
speak for yourself, i and most nigerians haven't lost confidence in anything. we're just frustrated.

but look at what your saying. developed governments helped by doing what? not being involved unlike the nigerian government which is too involved. you and i dont disagree, we both see the problem with development in nigeria is the government is trying to do everything and be everything where as in the US the government is encouraged to back off.

they essentially allowed their countries to grow by letting go and allowing the private sector to shine. unlike in nigeria, in essence you and i are saying the same thing.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
I think the biggest issue with Africans in general and Nigerians in particular is that there is no understanding of government or the history of governments.
Take for example roads. Governments do not build roads. They take money from a group of private individuals (usually citizens) and pay groups of private
individuals(businesses) to build them. Their is no reason why private citizens cannot come together to pay someone to build a road themselves. If one says that this
impossible then I would counter that building a working government(democracy) is even more impossible as it (at some level) depends on that very principle of free
market interactions many times more.

Nigeria emulating the present governments of the US or UK is absurd. The US government  particularly only grew to exploit and control the growth in the private sector.
In the early days of the US the federal government was simply to weak to impose controls such as a single form of legal tender, a central bank to produce the tender, and
"regulate" every facet of the economy with things like minimum wage. As a result the Americans were more or less free to develop private enterprise to solve their problems.
Whenever the government did step in it usually had negative impacts. The only reason slavery could exist at the levels it did was because the US government was forcing
the rest of the country to enforce it.The Fugitive Slave Act was one such example, using tax money to subsidize costly return of run away slaves that slave owners would other wise
have to pay themselves.

Nigerians simply need to start doing for themselves and stop waiting on the government to help them. The worst thing about the Nigerian government is that it absolutely does not
need the Nigerian people. As long as petroleum is being exported out of the delta, the government can do as it pleases,  since the main source of revenue is not the people and the
army have all the guns. This is a problem I see across Africa as governments inevitably value resources more than the people. Half the population of Nigeria could drop dead tomorrow
and the government would not operate any differently. In fact, there would probably still be corpses on the streets two months later because the country would not have the infrastructure
to handle the dead much less the living.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by Horus(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what can you do for your country.
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by deliceshop(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2010
Horus:

Mr My country pay there senator $1,500,000 per year and do you think I am in a good position to ask what I can do for my country
find below the break down of nigeria senators salary and also President obama salary.

Basic Salary - N2, 484, 245.50.
Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary - N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)
Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS - N7,452,736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% - N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this shey na online or hard copy?).
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% - N621,061.37
Recess Allowance@ 10%: - N248,424.55
Accommodation @ 200% - N4,968,509.00.
Utilities @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Domestic Staff @ 35% - N863,184.12.
Entertainment @ 30% - N828,081.83.
Personal Assistance @ 25% - N621,061.37.
Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% - N1,863,184.12.
Leave Allowance @10% - N248,424.55.
One off payments (As advised by SagamiteSeverance gratuity) @ 300% - N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS - N9,936,982.00 - Every Four Years
Senators Salary per month. - N2,456,647.7
Total = N29, 479, 749.00
* 109 Senators Grand Total = N 3,264,329,264.10
A feeding frenzy!!!
Allowance Nig. Senator: $1,500,000/yr
GDP Nig. Economy: $45 Billion/yr.

Salary U.S. President (OBAMA): $250,000/yr.
GDP U.S. Economy: $13Trillion/yr

If my country can do this for 109 senator then why not you and I
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by deliceshop(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2010
wht do you think
Re: Nigeria Pratice Same Corrupt Politics As France by philip0906(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2010
Posted by: Horus
Insert Quote

This is d "cover" under which our politicians hide. . .they steal our money and begin 2 quote rubbish 4 us.Obj spent 8years in power without accomplishing anything(spent billions of naira on darkness). . .and when u hear Nigerians,making such statements,they 2 have probably been beneficiaries of d "oil largese". . .

(1) (Reply)

First Black To Be Elected To Office In Russia / #lightupnigeria / 2011: Jonathan, Babangida Split Igbo In Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.