Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria (23866 Views)

List Of All Opay Offices In Nigeria / Real Reason HSBC And UBS Exited Nigeria! / South African Central Bank Fines HSBC For Lax Money Laundering Controls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by desmond2pk: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
When buhari will start fighting for 3rd term in 2023, nobody would have even strength to fight him back.

2 Likes

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
ZombieNation:
[s][/s]
At the end, you will be part of the much needed male stock it help service Buhari's spinster cows in Duara.

which ends up a portion of your frustrated life.
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
Why will they not close when NORTHERN NIGERIA forget their God given Agriculture and be fighting for crude oil money in the Niger delta region.

Until the north return to mainstream Agriculture as it once was during the time of Sir Ahmadu Bello, ( Sauduana ) things will not change for the better in Nigeria.

President Buhari should focus on Agriculture and then develop that sectors to International level.

These Banks left Nigeria because our economy is a monoproduct economy that has slide down beyond all imaginable ways.

THE EARLIER NIGERIA CHANGE FROM A MONOPRODUCT ECONOMY AND TAP INTO AGRICULTURE, SOLID MINERAL, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POWER SECTOR we will continue to remain a laughing stocks in the committee of nations.

ECOWAS is now humiliating Nigeria in Ghana because Nigeria is a country with a dying economy. Our traders in Ghana have had their store locked up by forces loyal to the Ghanaian state authority.
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
Isaacpyo04:

I don't insult but this gonna be an exception!
You are such an ignorant and foolish man.

The two biggest bank in the world(HSBC & UBS) closed down their operations in a country and you attribute it your dullard's fight against corruption as against our dwindling economy.
Clap for yourself slowpoke!

This simply means Nigeria economy is not viable to invest in.
Big investors, multinationals are leaving the country, people are losing their jobs, and you think it is a good thing?
Recently, Nigeria market lost 50% of its stock value in the last 3 years, things aren't getting better and it's obvious to the blind.

We really need to start telling ourselves the bitter truth, if not we'll be backwards forever!

Where are their offices in Nigeria, just as we have all over Botswana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari supporters are moruns.

People are shouting launder money, launder money!

So we don't need FDIs again to grow the economy??

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Yankee101: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari the economist well done

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by RTSC: 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
And pverty increases in the country.

Nigeria is retrogressing faster than the speed of light. And some people still want buhari in.

The sad thing is that a lot of other innocent people that didn't vote him will share in his economic devastation.
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by OBAGADAFFI: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2018
indigene:

Where are their offices in Nigeria, just as we have all over Botswana.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=326356627

Company Overview
HSBC Representative Office (Nigeria) Limited offers commercial banking services in Nigeria. The company is based in Lagos, Nigeria. HSBC Representative Office (Nigeria) Limited operates as a subsidiary of HSBC Bank Plc.

7th Floor

Mulliner Towers

39 Alfred Rewane Rd

Ikoyi

Lagos, 550104

Nigeria

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2018
SEGLIZ:
.... never heard of such ghost bank in this country before now (pardon my ignorance). 2 out of the facilities used in siphoning our soft currency to boost their system and make their currency harder, has just closed shop blaming Mr President for tightening the economy against them.
the report has blame Mr President, let wait and see the first person to blame APC and Buhari for this.

It's better to just read and move on if you don't understand something or better still do your research or ask questions.

Stop displaying your mumu online.

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by zoedew: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
SarkinYarki:

The flipside you mentioned Is very wrong , as long as new investment are not coming in there is no need for them to be around..this is another testament of Buharis failure

Mixed kinda. I get you though. Buhari put the wrong foot forward when at the inception of his tenure he went out there where the foreign investors are too tar his nation and her teeming young. Our leaders can do better at projecting a good image of our country.

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Do you know that Nigeria trades internationally? All the transformers and equipment used in the power installations and telecoms equipment, even weapons, they are bought from companies which bank with these large banking corporations.

Their closing up shop is a clear indication of a sharp drop or even a crash in international trade with Nigeria.

Dont mind them.. they forget Nigeria sells its debt (treasury bill/paper/bond) at international market and Nigerian banks are not capable of doing so alone, excerpt with the help of these global banks. HSBC, UBS, Goldman Sachs and the rest!

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2018
chloride6:

Nigeria has been downgraded to "junk" investment status.

Not true, the last time i check we have been reassessed back to investment grade...

I think our sovereign rating is now B+ which is now investment grade.

Any assessment short of A+/- is junk. Im not talking about AA

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by chloride6: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2018
PIPnator:

Any assessment short of A+/- is junk. Im not talking about AA

Nigeria has never been A+/-.

Are you saying Nigerian bonds have always been junk bonds.

B+ is still Investment grade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2018
chloride6:

Nigeria has never been A+/-.

Are you saying Nigerian bonds have always been junk bonds.

B+ is still Investment grade.

B with plus or minus is junk. Other countries with B+/- are fighting day and night to at least get into A+/- before AA and we are celebrating B+.

Keep celebrating B+ but please dont quote me again.
I hate this!
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Basher8583: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
Isaacpyo04:

I don't insult but this gonna be an exception!
You are such an ignorant and foolish man.

The two biggest bank in the world(HSBC & UBS) closed down their operations in a country and you attribute it your dullard's fight against corruption as against our dwindling economy.
Clap for yourself slowpoke!

This simply means Nigeria economy is not viable to invest in.
Big investors, multinationals are leaving the country, people are losing their jobs, and you think it is a good thing?
Recently, Nigeria market lost 50% of its stock value in the last 3 years, things aren't getting better and it's obvious to the blind.

We really need to start telling ourselves the bitter truth, if not we'll be backwards forever!

you don't have to Insult him.The question is where were the banks located in nigeria . what wastheir purpose of business . 1 for one 1am aware that HSBC IS notorious for money laundering . so ifbusiness is no longer good they move so who cares in the first place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
udemzyudex:

It's better to just read and move on if you don't understand something or better still do your research or ask questions.

Stop displaying your mumu online.

pass you point than pass an insult. what sense is there in this your comment? only a fool will recognize one.
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2018
SEGLIZ:

pass you point than pass an insult. what sense is there in this your comment? only a fool will recognize one.

Oga, just stop displaying your mumu online, that's all.
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2018
udemzyudex:

Oga, just stop displaying your mumu online, that's all.

my brother don't be the mumu here, make know what I don't know.
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari and his team are bunch of dullards

We know Nigeria economy is in stagnation.

God help us all

1 Like

Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Amaechi5(m): 12:18am On Nov 04, 2018
HSBC bank in Nigeria, wow never knew till now.

Learn the easiest way to wire money online in 2018 through here https://afribankonline.com/wire-money-online-guide/
Re: HSBC And UBS Close Offices In Nigeria by Adam09: 4:27am On Nov 06, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Is an empty brain a prerequisite for working with BMC? If you don't understand international business just keep quiet
Mr oga, I doubt if you even understand international finance more than me, well I will let this pass. Pls make ur comments and DON'T insult me, seems your parents didn't train you properly. Just keep spewing nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / John Ekpa: GTB Should Comply With Court Judgement, Pay Innoson Or Risk Takeover / Naira Crashes To N484 Against Dollar As More Bdcs Go Underground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.