Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't (16719 Views)

Diezani Sues AGF, EFCC For Alleged Libel, Demands N100bn In Damages / We Have Recovered ₦‎30bn From Suspended AGF - EFCC / Dollar Bribe: Ganduje's Name Should Be On FG's Watchlist -Sheikh Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Racoon(m): 7:28am On Apr 06
Only Attorney-General Of Federation, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe, Others – Ex-Governor Ganduje Dares Kano Government 
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress and former governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Friday, said the  Kano State Government does not have the legal rights to prosecute him for the alleged bribery of $413,000 and N1.38billion. 

Ganduje mentioned this in a statement issued on Friday, maintaining that it was only the office of the Attorney General of the Federation and the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that could charge him for the alleged offences.

The former governor therefore urged the incumbent governor, Yusuf Abba, to focus on bringing good governance to his people instead of embarking "on a futile attempt" to drag his name in the mud.

His Chief Press Secretary, Edwin Olofu, added that the bribery allegation was a "unfortunate and sorry attempt" to divert attention away from the fact that the governor had nothing on the ground in the state to justify the massive allocations he had received since President Bola Tinubu's administration began. 

Ganduje claimed that the move was the latest attempt by the state administration to smear his name, and that it also demonstrated the governor's "crass ignorance and disrespect for the rule of law."

He said, “In their desperate attempt to malign me and my family, they either forgot or probably cannot conduct themselves by the dictates of the law. They failed to take judicial notice of the recent pronouncement of the Federal High Court in Kano, which ruled that the so-called offence I am being accused of is a federal offence that can only be prosecuted by the Attorney General of the Federation and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

“Rather than join issues with my traducers in Kano over the trumped-up charges levelled against me, I would implore them to redirect their energies towards easing the plights of our people in Kano.

“They still have the opportunity to revert to my blueprint for the sustainable growth and development of Kano State. It is not yet late in the day for them to emulate my developmen- tal strides. They can still salvage the situation as my tenure was devoid of any wrongdoing.” Continuing, the APC chairman admonished that it would have been in the best interest of the state to extend the deadline of the probe to flag off from 1999 to date.

“As the saying goes, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. It shouldn’t be seen as targeted at my administration alone. It should not be seen to be borne out of malice, vindictiveness, and ill will. It should be for public good and interest.

“We conducted the affairs of governance in the state openly and transparently during my tenure. We don’t need to be seeking direction from our masters to do what is proper,” he stressed.
https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/05/only-attorney-general-federation-efcc-can-prosecute-me-n138billion-bribe-others-ex#google_vignette

Previous Thread:
"Kano Govt Charges Ganduje, Wife With $413,000, ₦‎1.38 Billion Bribery."
https://www.nairaland.com/8051960/kano-govt-charges-ganduje-wife#129274724

4 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Racoon(m): 7:34am On Apr 06
Whao! Really? So what is the essence of the state judiciary autonomy? So why has the EFCC, ICPC, NPF and FG not brought charges against this man on his dollar bribe videos after he left office. These are the kinds of nauseating above-the-law criminals government have produced in Nigeria today

No wonder this babanriga crispy dollar bribe stuffing crook started sycophancy and asslicking before his tenure ended just to get a soft landing with the signature fellow criminal he is romancing now. So much moral burden for anti corruption fight under the APC.

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Ofunaofu: 7:36am On Apr 06
sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Racoon(m): 7:36am On Apr 06
"First, Tinubu and Ganduje fronting any anti-corruption event is problematic in many ways. Ganduje is not code-named “GanDollar” because he runs a Bureau de Change. In 2018, a video of Ganduje pocketing wads of the US dollars, bribes he allegedly demanded, was leaked.

In a sane country, such evidenced crookedness is enough grounds for immediate impeachment and prosecution. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a country where the lunatics run the asylum....."
The Anti-Corruption Fight Starring Tinubu And Ganduje By Abimbola Adelakun 
https://punchng.com/the-anti-corruption-fight-starring-tinubu-and-ganduje/

Why not ask sharia or HISBAH police to prosecute the crook? Abi it is not applicable in Kano state anymore? And why has the EFCC, AGF, and the current corrupt government of the day still slow dragging on prosecuting Gandollar?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by socialmediaman: 7:37am On Apr 06
He's the APC national chairman. That should tell you something about the current government

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Racoon(m): 7:37am On Apr 06
Anyone who thinks the despicable Gandollar babanriga dollar bribe stuffing scandal will ever be prosecuted by the EFCC or ICPC under the Chicago drug baron is surely living on a long thing.

Meanwhile this is a criminality that even the EFCC have confirmed to be true a long time ago. All these shenanigans is what the legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti called "Government Magic" Why are the people of the land of sophisticated politics keeping quiet over this issue as Gandollar was appointed APC chair by their own criminal son?

Afamed, Sarrki, Omenka, Helineus, Seunmsg, NgeneUkwenu. Another corrupt criminal- a dollar bribe crook have finally become chairman of your party. Karma punish anyone that opened his mouth to talk about corruption in this country.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Asonaijaaso: 7:37am On Apr 06
Ganduje should be made to go through due process.
To clear his name, at the very least
He should be an elder statesman and submit himself
To EFCC , these will buy more credibility to him as an individual and to the party as whole

And going forward he can refer it as he was investigated.
Its a simple case
It will never go away.
Everybody saw you on video.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by phemmie06(m): 7:38am On Apr 06
When you're greater than the law of the land?
Why can't the party fighting corruption has Gandollar has her national party chairman.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by muyico(m): 7:38am On Apr 06
God will question U!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by pretydiva(f): 7:39am On Apr 06
This man is corruption personified.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Artscollection: 7:39am On Apr 06
Efcc that is busy chasing bobrisky up and down.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:39am On Apr 06
Okay
Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by ogolemati: 7:39am On Apr 06
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin APC president someone said druggie , APC chairman boastful criminal. Satan is a thief na grin grin grin grin grin grin.and you are looking for good news when criminals and thieves with demon possessed supporters are in charge over a country. grin angry angry grin grin grin may the Lord bless you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:39am On Apr 06
Bvfr
Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by donleo92(m): 7:39am On Apr 06
Efcc no go see Gandollar invite for questioning. infact his own evidence full ground. but if na to arrest bobrisky and invade student hostel you go see them.

misplaced priority

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Cassandraloius: 7:39am On Apr 06
Hmmmm.... The guy get mind o.

5 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Beautifulday: 7:40am On Apr 06
Is he saying the federal government is a supporter of corruption?

The state should write to EFCC about the case then.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by unclejb2(m): 7:40am On Apr 06
Ok so those ones are in your pocket already so you have nothing to fear

5 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Phred1717: 7:40am On Apr 06
This are the problems we have in Nigeria where a criminal is guarded by arm policeman

13 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by wunmi590(m): 7:40am On Apr 06

Such audacity 😒.

This are the type of thief politicians that's gives room to the upcoming politicians that, in government you can steal for yourself and upcoming generation without anything happening to you..

In a saner climes, gandollar should be cooling his entire life in either kuje or kirikiri prison, for perpetrating evil by milking the state treasury for his future personal use...

Honestly, Nigeria is a very lawless country and can't be redeemed, if you have an opportunity to move out of this country, please do and never look back...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Racoon(m): 7:41am On Apr 06
Beautifulday:
Is he saying the federal government is a supporter of corruption? The state should write to EFCC about the case then.
"The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has confirmed the authenticity of the video showing the Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje, allegedly receiving millions of dollars as bribe.

SATURDAY PUNCH gathered that forensic analysis of the video showing Ganduje receiving bribe from a contractor indicated that the video was not digitally cloned as claimed by some of his loyalists
https://punchng.com/political-considerations-stalling-ganduje-bribery-probe-investigation/

5 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Free2Fly: 7:41am On Apr 06
Racoon:
Only Attorney-General Of Federation, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe, Others – Ex-Governor Ganduje Dares Kano Government 
https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/05/only-attorney-general-federation-efcc-can-prosecute-me-n138billion-bribe-others-ex#google_vignette

Previous Thread:

Nawaoo!
Some yoruba boys will come out now to defend him
Emergency lovers of Nigeria, but who, in reality, are the real haters and destroyers of the country through their support of evil and corrupt criminals.

11 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Splashme: 7:42am On Apr 06
When a thief is your president ... another thief is your party Chairman

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by jmoore(m): 7:42am On Apr 06
Where is sharia court? It was designed for only poor people.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by luluosas(m): 7:42am On Apr 06
He should be arrested immediately

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Legalaffairs(m): 7:43am On Apr 06
I TRUST THE URCHINS , THEY WILL COME UP WITH EMPTY AND IDIOTIC DEFENCES FOR APC AND GANDOLLAR.

WHAT AN URCHIN CANNOT EXPLAIN AWAY, DEOS NOT EXIST.

WAIT. ONANUGA IS COMING.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Lexusgs430: 7:44am On Apr 06
The effrontery..... 😂

EFCC is busy chasing bobrisky........ 😜

AGF is busy collecting bribes from the president and his political goons....... 😊

7 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by easyfem(m): 7:46am On Apr 06
Imagine the audacity, now he is above the law

7 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by JuanDeDios: 7:47am On Apr 06
Racoon:

Previous Thread:

Mr Ganduje is wrong. Pick up the dollar stuffer and hull him into the nearest dock.

4 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by CalabarPikin: 7:48am On Apr 06
This country funny sha

They'll rather pursue one runaway male for spraying money instead of this bigbag criminals..

3 Likes

Re: Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't by Lexusgs430: 7:48am On Apr 06
Asonaijaaso:
Ganduje should be made to go through due process.
To clear his name, at the very least
He should be an elder statesman and submit himself
To EFCC , these will buy more credibility to him as an individual and to the party as whole

And going forward he can refer it as he was investigated.
Its a simple case
It will never go away.
Everybody saw you on video.

But the court said, no voice was attached to the video........ 😁

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits / We Will Give Edo State Permission To Fix Bad Federal Roads - Umahi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.