Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

"Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence (529 Views)

D’Banj: We Reported N-power Fraud To ICPC – Humanitarian Ministry / BREAKING!!! Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Abducted In Abuja / Emeh James Anyalekwa: Justice Abang Orders EFCC, DSS To Arrest Igbere TV Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2018
The Director of Popular online media, Igbere TV, Emeh James Anyalekwa, has finally revealed why his website reported the news about the former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu’s health status.

Recall that Igbere TV had reported that Kalu was in coma in Germany after another website broke the news. Many supporters of Orji Kalu have lambasted Anyalekwa for reporting such news about Kalu despite his relationship with the former governor.

In a statement signed and released by Anyalekwa, said he will never be deterred from doing his job as a journalist no matter whose ox is gored.

He revealed that he has been blasted by IPOB members, Buhari and Atiku supporters each time his platform reports against them.

The statement reads in full,

"With the level of calls and attacks I have received since the news of OUK's health broke, it shows the level of ignorance within our environment of the job of a journalist."

"In 2015, at the heat of the Presidential elections, the Sun Newspaper carried a screaming headline on full front page on Gen Buhari's health status, sponsored by Buhari's key opponent, the then Governor of Ekiti state, Ayo Fayose."

"At that time, Femi Adesina, a known loyalist of Buhari was the Managing Director and Editor in Chief of the Sun and the National president, Nigeria Guild of Editors . He didnt rise to such height in his career by being petty and sentimental."

"Buhari understands this and every leader of note does."

"Immediately after the election, Buhari appointed Femi Adesina as his spokesman, a position he still occupies till today."

"Orji Uzor Kalu is the publisher of the Sun and Bola Tinubu the publisher of the Nation and Chairman of TVC, these platforms still carry news that are not favourable to both Kalu and Tinubu respectively."

"Emeh James Anyalekwa is the director of IGBERE TV, the foremost community TV is Africa and number one online platform in the entire SE and SS regions of the country."

"Anyalekwa is also the National President of Online Media Practitioners Association of Nigeria (OMPAN). The biggest online media body in the country."

"Anyalekwa didn't rise to such enviable position by being petty and sentimental in the discharge of his duties. Orji Kalu understands this."

"This is not the first time we have carried a negative report about OUK and WILL NOT be the last."

"I have faced bullets, hunger and chains in the course of this job, yet not cowed. Any day I become afraid of your threats, I'll drop the pen and look for another job."

"I understand the hazards of my choosen profession and no amount of threats can deter me from discharging my duties to our loyal readers as professionally as possible. That is the IGBERE TV edge on the cyberspace."

"Pls stop calling and inboxing me your threats. You don't love OUK more than I do. Let OUK and God be the judge.
If there is a 'bad News' about Biafra, IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu and IGBERE TV carries it, IPOB members will come for my head, accusing me of sabotage, forgetting that am Biafra first Son and unrepentant follower of Nnamdi Kanu."

"If there is a 'bad News' about Buhari and IGBERE TV carries it, Buharists will bomb me accusing me of hate speech. Though am not a fan of Buhari, am not also a fan of Atiku. I can't trade Buhari for Atiku. I'd rather go for Donald Duke and the likes."

"If there is a 'bad News' about OUK and IGBERE TV carries it, OUK fans will attack me and threaten to deal with me, forgetting that am number one OUK fan."

"Many of them are fair weather friends who will disappear if the going gets tough."

"They forget that during Ochendo, I received mouth watering offers to abandon OUK but I turned all down, even when I was hungry."

"They forget that OUK is my father, mentor and role model and I can not do anything deliberately to hurt him."

"Journalism is my job, this is the only job that put food on the table of my family. I do it with passion."

“There is no amount of threat that will desuade me from carrying out my duties as professionally as possible.”

“I was as shocked and even more troubled when I read about OUK’s health complications, but that would not stop me from doing my job.”

“The news was already in the media before we carried it. Igbere TV not carrying it wouldn’t have changed anything.”

“At the moment we are happy that OUK is better and we are praying fervently for his quick recovery ahead of his Senatorial campaign.”

Recall that Kalu’s wife who spoke with IGBERE TV on Friday also confirmed that Kalu regained consciousness after a major surgery and is recovering fast.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/474588/reported-kalus-health-igbere-tv-boss-anyalekwa-breaks-silence/

Cc, Lalasticlala

Re: "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by sunnymix: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
FTC
i will come back..
Re: "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by Igboblog: 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2018
Anyalekwa has been reporting good about Orji Uzor Kalu, I don't why people should threaten him for doing his job. Make them chill abeg
Re: "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by gabi98(m): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
Wetin concern with his health
Re: "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
People should understand that being a journalist is not as easy as they think. Journalism is a very difficult job because you will have to stand for the truth even at a gun point.
Re: "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by Olatunji1929: 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Space booked
Re: "Why We Reported About Kalu's Health" - Igbere TV Boss, Anyalekwa Breaks Silence by hisgrace090: 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2018
I know you cares not again having make your money from the report as you planned it.

(1) (Reply)

Apc Candidates Disgraces Pdp With Huge Difference In Vote At Kwara, And Katsina / Do Nigerians Actually Know What Cloning Is? / Tweet From Senator Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.