Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,606 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) (45608 Views)

Flood Kills Mother Of Five In Anambra (Disturbing Photo) / Truck Rams Into Tricycle In Onitsha, One Dies, Others Injured (Disturbing Photo) / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by shakmati(m): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
bomsilaga:

do you drive? do you make mistakes? are you human?

Yes. If I make such a mistake, I deserve jail term.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by nkemdi89(f): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2018
Pat081:
and who tell u she is lazy ?wen she dnt hv other way dan to do d work n d money is nt up to 18k naira is 1ok
You were the one who didn't comprehend didn't you see the " lazy youth" carried a quotation mark?
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by toprealman: 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
suyamasta:
RIP.

Risky job, i almost hit one yesterday my heart skipped for a sec, i had to swerve swiftly, i think the best approach would be to put heavy duty vehicles behind sweepers following them till they finish sweeping.
Complete elimination is the best control for this hazard. There are machines that can do that safely.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by countwell: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2018
RIP
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by banio: 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
She deserves a state burial and her children given scholarship to UNIVERSITY level
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by tlarge1612: 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2018
Nigerian drivers think speed is synonymous to driving whereas Safety and cautiousness is.SMH
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Lucifer66(m): 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2018
Fierce11:
A "lazy youth" just died because she had to wake up early enough to sweep a road that the meagre N18k wage for the "sweeping" would come after 4 months. Smh.
RIP.
5k bro
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by oloshelu1: 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
it's painful r.I.p committed citizen
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by bluecircle470: 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2018
Fierce11:
A "lazy youth" just died because she had to wake up early enough to sweep a road that the meagre N18k wage for the "sweeping" would come after 4 months. Smh.
RIP.

Lass lass

1 Share

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by UNRULY(m): 11:39pm On Nov 03, 2018
In sane countries e.g Spain jobs like these are done at night or early mornings by trucks equipped with sweeper/cleaner to keep the roads clean instead of endangering poor women who have no option but to take the job.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
And they said 20k abi how much minimum wage is ok
What a shame
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by mynamewilfred(m): 6:02am On Nov 04, 2018
So pathetic, this is not supposed to happen. RIP
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by suyamasta(m): 6:32am On Nov 04, 2018
braine:

Or better still let the heavy duty machines do the sweeping!
yea but with our high unemployment rate nko?
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by suyamasta(m): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2018
toprealman:
Complete elimination is the best control for this hazard. There are machines that can do that safely.
yea but with our high unemployment rate nko? Hunger too much for we country and the political elites like it that way
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Caniva01: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2018
The solution is that Government who employed them should have their Life Insured in the event of death on the job. This would relief their family member as it is certain they are doing the job to cater for their family need.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by braine(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2018
suyamasta:
yea but with our high unemployment rate nko?

The cleaners can go into inner streets where there are less speeding cars.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by toprealman: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2018
suyamasta:

yea but with our high unemployment rate nko? Hunger too much for we country and the political elites like it that way
Safety first bro. There are better ways of empowering your citizens. Let's not go deep, we know our political leaders have failed us.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by ajayiopy: 7:49am On Nov 04, 2018
i need the bag

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by ajayiopy: 7:50am On Nov 04, 2018
i need this bag,seller should contact me on 08067533300

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by dontbothermuch: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2018
cry

Wait oh! From this pic, i can see the photographer taking the pic from his/her car. As in, no one bothered taking her to the hospital/morgue. As in, they are scared of what? Civilization has some issues, I swear.
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by pastoradebola: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2018
Rip ...drivers should be me careful ..this dangerous driver is wicked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by tillaman(m): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2018
Careless world!! All for a failed nation!! The driver sure got away with this but I hope the driver is able to live with his/her self!
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by Sengeman(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
RIP to the dead. This is what over speedy lead to, pple should learn from this unfortunate anteincidence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by YaksonFCA(m): 3:49am On Nov 05, 2018
RIP
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by suyamasta(m): 5:31am On Nov 05, 2018
braine:

The cleaners can go into inner streets where there are less speeding cars.
abi it's better that way
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by suyamasta(m): 5:31am On Nov 05, 2018
toprealman:
Safety first bro. There are better ways of empowering your citizens. Let's not go deep, we know our political leaders have failed us.
yes
Re: Lagos Road Sweeper Killed On Duty (Disturbing Photo) by peacengine(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
joeokoriem:
I saw d woman and d guy this morning. I heard d driver ran away.

The nuisance should be caught and thrown in jail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Proposed New Look Of International Airport Road, Lagos (Photo) / PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.