Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

"I've Made My Peace With The 'Man Upstairs'" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I've Made My Peace With The 'Man Upstairs'" (258 Views)

The Most Precious Commodities I've Received Since I Was Born / Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Saying "I've Never Campaigned For Anyone" / Atheist Finds Refuge, Peace With Christ. Hallelujah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I've Made My Peace With The 'Man Upstairs'" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
"I've made my peace with the 'Man upstairs'"

"And, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile all things to Himself; by Him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven" (Colossians 1:20).

When people refer to God as "the Man upstairs," they reveal that they have no concept of (nor living relationship with) Him. They will use such words because they feel uncomfortable saying His name. Often they will have a measure of reverence for God, but not enough to obey Him. Ask if the person thinks he will go to heaven when he dies. He'll almost certainly say he will, and a little probing will reveal that he's trusting in his own goodness to save him. However, the only way sinners can have peace with the God they have offended is through the shed blood of the Saviour.

Therefore, it's important to take the person through the Ten Commandments and strip him of his self-righteousness and his false sense of assurance of salvation. As you do so, you may feel bad that you are making him uncomfortable, but if you care about his eternal salvation, you must ask yourself, "Which is worse: a few moments of conviction under the sound of God's Law, or eternity in Hell?" Unless there is a knowledge of sin (which comes by the Law—Romans 7:7), there will be no repentance.

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 November 2013 ·

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Islam Gain Roots In Ethiopia, The Historical Symbol Of Black Africa / Serve God To Get His Favour, Adeboye Urges Nigerians / Perpetual Novena In Honour Of Our Lady Of The Miraculous Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.