Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,911 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC (28366 Views)

Omokri Is Curious Why Obi Hasn’t Condemned 30-day Lockdown Declared By IPOB / Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones / Tribunal Admits Presidential Election Result Declared By INEC As Exhibit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by enemyofprogress: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
Arijude:
let the nation boil
let it even born to ashes
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by NairaMaster1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:

Bcs it was increased to 50k during Gej tenure

Just that your god Buhari said he is running a government of the common man.

What is surprising us is how he is finding it difficult to improve the life of the common man.

Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by superman1073: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
THE Economist VIEW on MINIMUM WAGE!

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS

b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)

c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception

d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...

e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders

f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce

g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics

h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT

i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy

a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.

b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.

c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%

d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigerian economic stabilizes

e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by OgahBohz: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
INFOBIZ3:
accept JESUS today, HE will save you from sin and give you hope of eternal life

will he give me 10million naira cash instantly?

1 Like

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Blue3k(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari needs to concession these airports asap. Faan can accept a reduced role.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Georgry(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
This is huge. I hope something good comes out of it.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by NairaMaster1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
YoungLionken:
This country is upside down. Some people will still vote APCheat, ask them their reasons, they will tell you "Buhari is fighting corruption". Fight with no end and reflection in the lives of Nigerians... I fear who nor fear Buhari and him people.

Corruption must be Andrew the giant

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by LANDLORD72: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:
D issue is not much with federal but states.

How many states can pay 30k with current Nigeria situation.

Wen almost half are owing @18k.....some are even owing almost a year

But Nigeria....
State government are Wicked criminal who don't have single feelings for the masses they have the money let them pay our workers 30k not too much for a start
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by YoungLionken(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Corruption must be Andrew the giant
Or our very own 'Aruan the great' lol
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by keryj(f): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2018
Buhari will not be happy with this cheesy if FAAN goes on strike, how will Buhari get to his office that's has been in the sky since he resumed office grin

1 Like

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by emperorblog(m): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2018
CheapDataGuy:
nice development.
But come to think if it ooo.. Naija politicians are useless no be small
Do you know that even if they pay 30000 as minimum
Wage, it is still less than $100?

When others for abroad dey pay per hour these thieves can't agree to ordinary 30k minimum wage.

I personally noe a white girl in Yankee who earns $15 per hour and still complains that the pay is poor...
I secretly wish say na me be her dey obtain $15 per hour make she see if i go ever complain or even go sleep at night
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by pryme(m): 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
dingbang:
cool a president who lies to 170million people about his waec certificate is not fit to rule again come 2019..

You are right.
That includes Atiku.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by SirLakes: 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
Shut down everywhere

Stupid, greedy and insensitive polithiefcians

Thunder fire them one by one

1 Like

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by bilulu(m): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
post=72654861:
A better Nigeria is all we want....
u sef no go join?

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by SirLakes: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2018
superman1073:

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

That security vote is day light robbery.

They pocket the money every month

Chaiiiiii........ It will not be well with them all

I wish I could lay my hands on one of them right now and strangle him to death

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by loswhite(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:

But Nigeria....
why can't they pay? This same state have money to pay looting governors pension for life.

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by emeksdonalds(m): 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2018
Misleading headline.. NUATE is just one of unions in da aviation industry.. NUATE is not FAAN.. FAAN didn’t say anything about joining the strike.. only thing NUATE can do is seal the office and block off staff from entering the office for some hours and business resumes normal later... That’s just an empty threat.. The best way to shut down travelers is thru Air traffic controllers.. once they shutdown the airspace, everything stops
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by loswhite(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:

Bcs it was increased to 50k during Gej tenure
fool.... During GEJ dollar was 155, during GEJ petrol was 97 naira. Your 100k of GEJ is now less than 50k. Please receive sense

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by leighcon(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Misinformation

FAAN is not NUATE.

NUATE called for strike not FAAN.

FAAN is a parastatal NUATE is a labour union.

Richmmbm:
Anyone who has plans of travelling around and out of the country might be unable to do so come Tuesday, November 6th as the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has declared its intention to join in the nationwide strike declared by the Nigeria Labour Congress over FG's refusal to meet its minimum wage demand.

Talks on a new wage have reached deadlock after state governors said they couldn't guarantee the payment of N30,000 wage to workers. A court had ruled on Friday that the strike be cancelled, as it would jeopardize citizens' livelihood. But the NLC insists it is well within the ambit of the law to embark on the strike.

FAAN said in a statement it was standing with the labour union, and will shut down operations in compliance with the nationwide strike.

"All airlines operating in/out of Nigeria Airports shall be affected by this industrial action. We appeal to your good sense of understanding in this regard," the organisation said in a bulletin to its workers.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/11/all-airlines-operating-in-and-out-of-nigeria-airports-will-be-affected-as-faan-declares-its-intention-to-joi

-the-nationwide-strike-declared-by-nlc.html

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by hardbody: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
Richmmbm:
Anyone who has plans of travelling around and out of the country might be unable to do so come Tuesday, November 6th as the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has declared its intention to join in the nationwide strike declared by the Nigeria Labour Congress over FG's refusal to meet its minimum wage demand.

Talks on a new wage have reached deadlock after state governors said they couldn't guarantee the payment of N30,000 wage to workers. A court had ruled on Friday that the strike be cancelled, as it would jeopardize citizens' livelihood. But the NLC insists it is well within the ambit of the law to embark on the strike.

FAAN said in a statement it was standing with the labour union, and will shut down operations in compliance with the nationwide strike.

"All airlines operating in/out of Nigeria Airports shall be affected by this industrial action. We appeal to your good sense of understanding in this regard," the organisation said in a bulletin to its workers.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/11/all-airlines-operating-in-and-out-of-nigeria-airports-will-be-affected-as-faan-declares-its-intention-to-joi

-the-nationwide-strike-declared-by-nlc.html

I thought the government got an injunction restraining organised labour from going on strike? What has changed?
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2018
CheapDataGuy:
nice development.

When others for abroad dey pay per hour these thieves can't agree to ordinary 30k minimum wage.

I personally noe a white girl in Yankee who earns $15 per hour and still complains that the pay is poor...
I secretly wish say na me be her dey obtain $15 per hour make she see if i go ever complain or even go sleep at night

grin
CheapDataGuy:
nice development.

Lolz.....y uno go sleep?
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by freemi(m): 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:

But Nigeria....
do u knw hw much r in d govr's posesion monthly dat der do nthn wit?

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by asawanathegreat(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
E make sense wela, at least that will make them to listen quick to the people

1 Like

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:

But Nigeria....
Actually many states can pay they are just looking for one filmsy excuse. Same state that can't pay workers salary will lavish dollars during election campaign. Don't be moved by their utterances because many of these governors tell lies

3 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by CheapDataGuy: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2018
lordskid:

grin

Lolz.....y uno go sleep?

Work 247 bro.
Sleep na for those wey dan make money already

1 Like

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Antipob777(f): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Look at the fools commenting up there out of sentiments and hate.

The FG accepted the 30k minimum wage but the state govs declined and approved 22.500 which the FG together with NLC rejected.

Now they are shouting Buhari this, Buhari that.

I really blame Lord Lugard for this marriage with this flat headed pigs and idiots.

Hate will kill the flat headed pigs and idiots. Never in my life will I ever associate or mingle with this pigs and idiots.

God will never forgive Lord lugard for this union with the flat headed pigs and idiots.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by EazyMoh(m): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2018
FAAN no shake this table o! After I done book my flight on 6th.

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by dosht(f): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2018
Is it going to affect private sectors too?
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by mechanics(m): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
wow, this will be a total strike o.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2018
superman1073:

b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)

c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception

d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...

i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.

b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.
I am quoting so that those at the back can hear your loud however:

I disagree with 3e as even countries less corrupt and more developed than Nigeria still have union. Abolishing unions is like sewing the mouth of workers

And want to ask if workers will be paid over time regarding 3d?

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by pasimo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
mbaboy:
Buhari's administration not sincere to workers
Walaahi... Stop corruption but couldn't implement proper plan to lift the economy...
I have great phobia for strike cheesy cheesy
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by pasimo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2018
superman1073:

I am quoting this so it gets to the proper head of implementation..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Releases Part 7 Of Amaechi Leaked Tape / EFCC To Arraign Saraki For Diverting N12 Billion From Treasury Kwara State / PDP Candidates Campaigning With Tinubu Picture On Their Banner In Ondo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.