Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC (28228 Views)

Katsina North By-election: Official Results As Declared By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Spells(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
Dude397:
In other news, Happy birthday to me. Even tho I'm soo broke to celebrate but life is Golden so i thank baba God for that . I'm still open to b day gift to help make my day worthy no matter how small. 0087221630 Diamond Bank. God bless us all. Amen!

U can beg ehh.nawa o
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by ElderAnchor: 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:
D issue is not much with federal but states.

How many states can pay 30k with current Nigeria situation.

Wen almost half are owing @18k.....some are even owing almost a year

But Nigeria....

There is no current situation but deceit. Have you bothered to find out how much political office holders earn? Half of a governor's monthly entitlements can sufficiently and adequately pay salaries of 50 employees if they are to earn 80 to 100k/month.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by justfash50: 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2018
frenzyduchess:
I am quoting so that those at the back can hear your loud however:

I disagree with 3e as even countries less corrupt and more developed than Nigeria still have union. Abolishing unions is like sewing the mouth of workers

And want to ask if workers will be paid over time regarding 3d?

This is someone using his brain and not those intellectually lazy people we put at the helms of affairs.

In addition, more intervention programme should be initiated around these sectors; Education, power, health, transportation and food.

The so called minimum wage are expended on these areas especially the education of the child which can gulp more than 70% of that wage per month, leaving peanuts for others. Policies should be formulated to cushion the effects of inflation before the labour union start demanding another wage increase in the next 4years.

Haaaa I weep for my children.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by sweetilicious(f): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2018
Humblega:
D issue is not much with federal but states.

How many states can pay 30k with current Nigeria situation.

Wen almost half are owing @18k.....some are even owing almost a year

But Nigeria....
Our leaders are not critical thinkers.They can't find solution to problems.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by iykmon: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2018
Please how was international flights managed during strike action.
I some whose flight is on the 6th of November. What we dey do.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 04, 2018
justfash50:

This is someone using his brain and not those intellectually lazy people we put at the helms of affairs.

In addition, more intervention programme should be initiated around these sectors; Education, power, health, transportation and food.

The so called minimum wage are expended on these areas especially the education of the child which can gulp more than 70% of that wage per month, leaving peanuts for others. Policies should be formulated to cushion the effects of inflation before the labour union start demanding another wage increase in the next 4years.

Haaaa I weep for my children.
The problem is not intervention programs but corruption. Do you know that right now someone is cashing out on the so called "school feeding program" ?.They will still give the implementation of these programs to their party loyalist and family members as an avenue to share the national cake.

We have good programs that would have benefitted the common man on the street, but someone somewhere is cashing out on it,thats why it seems nothing is working. Until we put strict laws to punish embezzlers of public funds(not all this body odour corruption the president claims to be fighting) ,we are going to keep running around in circles.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
superman1073:
THE Economist VIEW on MINIMUM WAGE!

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS

b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)

c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception

d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...

e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders

f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce

g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics

h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT

i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy

a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.

b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.

c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%

d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigerian economic stabilizes

e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

This is a very good proposal but I bet you they will not see this and if seen will just be on the shelf for 1million and 1 years.
Re: FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
superman1073:
THE Economist VIEW on MINIMUM WAGE!

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS

b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)

c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception

d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...

e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders

f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce

g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics

h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT

i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy

a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.

b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.

c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%

d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigerian economic stabilizes

e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

I wish one of our God-fearing politicians will see this and take it up from here. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sherrif Oborevwori Emerges Delta State PDP Guber Candidate / Agberos Hijack Onitsha As Helpless Traders, Motorists Groan / Senate Approves ₦193M For 1 Borehole; ₦82.5Bn For 427 Boreholes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.