Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,939 members, 7,841,607 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch (23303 Views)

“We Are With You” – APC Senators Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency / Senate Presidency: 35 APC Senators Back Ndume / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by humberjade: 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
DelTel:

I quite appreciate your position (coincidentally that was my thought too until I was made to see otherwise).

The Constitution expressly dictates 3 senatorial district for every state of Nigeria, recall I stated Divisions not senatorial districts and only 2 exists in old Ogun. Senatorial district were drawn up mostly by geography.

Moreso, the Remo are not Ijebu or are quick to say they are not ijebu but ijebu supported them to get the position thru OGD.

Another question is why was egba allowed to have 2 shots at Oke-Mosan (Osoba & Amosun) without any for yewa if yewa is a bloc.

In all, Amosun didn't handle the situation well by unilaterally picking candidates without input from stakeholders. Now, he is not willing to relinquish any position. The other faction has conceded positions to his faction - 2 Senate & 7 HoR - but he is not willing to concede any, just like Okorocha.

I understand ur positon...now let's do some calculation...

We've had Gov elections 7 times in our history as a State...

1st-Ijebu-Bisi Onabanjo (someone whom some key Yewa men stepped down for back then)
2nd-Egba-Osoba (who spent a year)
3rd-Egba-Osoba
4th&5th- Remo-OGD
6th & 7th-Egba-Amosun

Ijebu 4 years

Remo- 8 years

Egba- 13 years

Yewa- 00000

Now let's say this argument that only "2 divisions in old Ogun" holds water...in d spirit of fairness...then shouldn't d Yewas be allowed to produce Gov even if it is for just a term?

Now to d issue of Amosun, he didn't handle the situation well at all like u said...but u don't use illegality to correct a perceived illegality (i can confirm to u that there was no Guber primaries that produced Dapo Abiiodun on that said date in Ogun, d ticket was just a Greek gift to him)...and trust me, these illegalities perpetrated across d country by APC will come back to haunt them at d polls.

Now u stole a Governorship ticket from a sitting Gov and in d other primaries, most of his men won...u now offered him 10 HoAs (those 10, their names are even bn substituted as we speak)...2 Senatorial tickets...as for HoR, he was offered 4 HoR, and not 7 like u said (they even removed d Speaker's name)...d thing is that, Amosun has seen thru them and was aware of their games (albeit a little bit too late)...their intention was to leave him naked at d last minute...I also told some people and i advised them to have a plan B...their intention was to remove all Amosun's men and even Amosun's name himself at d last minute.

Tinubu and his cronies has bn out for blood since Amosun chased Yayi (someone i can swear is not a Yewa)back to Lagos.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by DelTel(m): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
humberjade:

I understand ur positon...now let's do some calculation...

We've had Gov elections 7 times in our history as a State...

1st-Ijebu-Bisi Onabanjo (someone whom some key Yewa men stepped down for back then)
2nd-Egba-Osoba (who spent a year)
3rd-Egba-Osoba
4th&5th- Remo-OGD
6th & 7th-Egba-Amosun

Ijebu 4 years

Remo- 8 years

Egba- 13 years

Yewa- 00000

Now let's say this argument that only "2 divisions in old Ogun" holds water...in d spirit of fairness...then shouldn't d Yewas be allowed to produce Gov even if it is for just a term?

Now to d issue of Amosun, he didn't handle the situation well at all like u said...but u don't use illegality to correct a perceived illegality (i can confirm to u that there was no Guber primaries that produced Dapo Abiiodun on that said date in Ogun, d ticket was just a Greek gift to him)...and trust me, these illegalities perpetrated across d country by APC will come back to haunt them at d polls.

Now u stole a Governorship ticket from a sitting Gov and in d other primaries, most of his men won...u now offered him 10 HoAs (those 10, their names are even bn substituted as we speak)...2 Senatorial tickets...as for HoR, he was offered 4 HoR, and not 7 like u said (they even removed d Speaker's name)...d thing is that, Amosun has seen thru them and was aware of their games (albeit a little bit too late)...their intention was to leave him naked at d last minute...I also told some people and i advised them to have a plan B...their intention was to remove all Amosun's men and even Amosun's name himself at d last minute.

Tinubu and his cronies has bn out for blood since Amosun chased Yayi (someone i can swear is not a Yewa)back to Lagos.

Sir, you got the calculation well (but only added 2 unknown divisions to come to a wrong conclusion grin).

Ijebu/Remo division 12years; Egba/Yewa division 13yrs.

So, using the above premise, it's ijebu/Remo division turn to produce the governor while egba/yewa division will produce after the incoming Ijebu/Remo governor and we expect all hands to be on deck to have a Yewa indigene all things being equal, hoping the Egba will agree.

Also, it will be foolhardy of any political block to allow an 'opponent' produce majority of the Assembly men (na impeachment loading).

Sir, you will agree Amosun produced all political appointments in 2015 from top to bottom with consulting; if he doesn't 2019, no qualms. OGD did same in 2007 but couldn't get even a seat in 2011. Amosun is even getting 2 Senate & 4 Reps, count him lucky. Ogun State is destined never to be a one-man state.

Tinubu helped Amosun greatly to getting the APC ticket and winning very effortlessly since the then ruling State & Federal PDP/PPN were in disarray.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by humberjade: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
DelTel:

Sir, you got the calculation well (but only added 2 unknown divisions to come to a wrong conclusion grin).

Ijebu/Remo division 12years; Egba/Yewa division 13yrs.

So, using the above premise, it's ijebu/Remo division turn to produce the governor while egba/yewa division will produce after the incoming Ijebu/Remo governor and we expect all hands to be on deck to have a Yewa indigene all things being equal, hoping the Egba will agree.

Also, it will be foolhardy of any political block to allow an 'opponent' produce majority of the Assembly men (na impeachment loading).

Sir, you will agree Amosun produced all political appointments in 2015 from top to bottom with consulting; if he doesn't 2019, no qualms. OGD did same in 2007 but couldn't get even a seat in 2011. Amosun is even getting 2 Senate & 4 Reps, count him lucky. Ogun State is destined never to be a one-man state.

Tinubu helped Amosun greatly to getting the APC ticket and winning very effortlessly since the then ruling State & Federal PDP/PPN were in disarray.

You and this ur calculation sha... grin It is well

But d way we are going, we will end having an outsider lording it over us in Ogun...just be ready for a new tax regime in Ogun...be ready for Tinubu's Alpha Beta ...go and figure out what this company has done to d people of Osun...Even Fayemi had to ditch it after some time in his 1st term.

Que sera sera...i hope we make d right decision as a people...i love my State, but love my people more......Yewaland is yearning for infrastructural development, which she is lacking seriously...I know that we will one day be liberated from all these political Maradonas.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by DelTel(m): 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2018
humberjade:

You and this ur calculation sha... grin It is well

But d way we are going, we will end having an outsider lording it over us in Ogun...just be ready for a new tax regime in Ogun...be ready for Tinubu's Alpha Beta ...go and figure out what this company has done to d people of Osun...Even Fayemi had to ditch it after some time in his 1st term.

Que sera sera...i hope we make d right decision as a people...i love my State, but love my people more......Yewaland is yearning for infrastructural development, which she is lacking seriously...I know that we will one day be liberated from all these political Maradonas.

Unfortunately, political situation often gives us bitter pills to swallow.

Meanwhile, I strongly believe & hope Dapo Abiodun will be his own man and won't take directive hook, line & sinker from anyone but work for the people not cabal/god-father.

I also remember Amosun tried copying some silly lagos reforms but some omoluabi stopped him (big thanks to former AG Ogunde who stood his ground, told him bluntly it's not possible in Ogun State & resigned).

Btw Dapo Abiodun seems to have been a top contenders all along (I remember his name including Okupe, Dina way back 2003) and should have some good plan for the state especially as he is quite successful in his private biz - Heyden.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by humberjade: 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
DelTel:

Unfortunately, political situation often gives us bitter pills to swallow.

Meanwhile, I strongly believe & hope Dapo Abiodun will be his own man and won't take directive hook, line & sinker from anyone but work for the people not cabal/god-father.

I also remember Amosun tried copying some silly lagos reforms but some omoluabi stopped him (big thanks to former AG Ogunde who stood his ground, told him bluntly it's not possible in Ogun State & resigned).

Btw Dapo Abiodun seems to have been a top contenders all along (I remember his name including Okupe, Dina way back 2003) and should have some good plan for the state especially as he is quite successful in his private biz - Heyden.

And u think Tinubu won't want something in return for supporting him? He always wants something in return...go to all d States where he has people in-charge...he's like Satan; he doesn't give u something without wanting something big in return...he's bn eyeing Ogun for ages..he sent Yayi but he couldn't deliver.

I hope y'all are right about this Dapo guy...he spent money like there is no tomorrow during his last shot for at d Ogun East Sen ticket...he's going to spend massively again...plus if all d past and present Govs run their various States like they run their businesses, most cities will be competing with Dubai by now.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by DelTel(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
humberjade:

And u think Tinubu won't want something in return for supporting him? He always wants something in return...go to all d States where he has people in-charge...he's like Satan; he doesn't give u something without wanting something big in return...he's bn eyeing Ogun for ages..he sent Yayi but he couldn't deliver.

I hope y'all are right about this Dapo guy...he spent money like there is no tomorrow during his last shot for at d Ogun East Sen ticket...he's going to spend massively again...plus if all d past and present Govs run their various States like they run their businesses, most cities will be competing with Dubai by now.

You can't contest against Buruji and not spend o grin grin grin.

Perhaps he will continue to give Tinubu what Amosun was giving him then undecided.

Amosun failed by not carrying Ogun stakeholders along right from day 1 of his regime, he sidelined everyone. He believed his closeness to Buhari family will make him get anything he wants. He reportedly doesnt have any regard for the VP.

Ajimobi is also close to the President and reportedly wanted Tegbe to succeed him but changed his support to Adelabu when ibadan/Oyo leaders 'pleaded' with him (Otudeko, top Ibadan/Oyo Bloc, Akala and shittu gang-up against him could've rendered Ajimobi powerless).

Politics is winning some, losing some; listening to the people and elders where applicable/necessary.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by humberjade: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
DelTel:

You can't contest against Buruji and not spend o grin grin grin.

Perhaps he will continue to give Tinubu what Amosun was giving him then undecided.

Amosun failed by not carrying Ogun stakeholders along right from day 1 of his regime, he sidelined everyone. He believed his closeness to Buhari family will make him get anything he wants. He reportedly doesnt have any regard for the VP.

Ajimobi is also close to the President and reportedly wanted Tegbe to succeed him but changed his support to Adelabu when ibadan/Oyo leaders 'pleaded' with him (Otudeko, top Ibadan/Oyo Bloc, Akala and shittu gang-up against him could've rendered Ajimobi powerless).

Politics is winning some, losing some; listening to the people and elders where applicable/necessary.

You are very correct and i agree with u...to say d truth, gomina wa ni agidi...he is very stubborn...maybe it's because he's an Owu man sha... grin

It is well jare...may God give us someone whose reign will benefit us all.
Re: APC Senators Back Oshiomhole, Govs, State Chairmen Plot Chair's Removal - Punch by DelTel(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2018
humberjade:

You are very correct and i agree with u...to say d truth, gomina wa ni agidi...he is very stubborn...maybe it's because he's an Owu man sha... grin

It is well jare...may God give us someone whose reign will benefit us all.

AMIN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? / Imo State Is the Most Educated State In Nigeria......... But / Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Celebrates His 53rd Birthday With Prison Inmates (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.