Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin (8021 Views)

HOW TO USE CARROT OIL for SKIN BLEACHING? / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by vinegurl(f): 6:02am On Nov 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhTiwMjY5gA

I made this natural carrot oil at home and I have been using it both for food (two drops in my tea and pudding) and on my skin especially in this hash hamattan weather. The oil is very useful; it can be used to promote hair growth, to remove dark spot on the face and to clear acne. I just love the nice smell that comes from it. You can try it out too it is very simple to make.

The process of making carrot oil is quite simple. The two main ingredients needed for carrot oil are fresh carrots and carrier oil. You can use carrot oil to create your own natural beauty products at home like bar soap and body lotion. When making this natural oil, it is best you make use of a neutral oil such as olive, coconut, sunflower, un-toasted sesame or almond oil, they all have a mild flavor. See the video above too for more detail.

Carrot oil ingredients

• 1 large carrot
• ½ cup coconut oil/olive oil, sesame oil or sunflower oil just enough to cover the carrot
• Grater
• Small bottle with a lid
• Small pan
• Strainer

How to make your own carrot oil at home

1. Rinse carrot and peel the skin with a potato peeler.
2. Finely grate the peeled carrot with a hand greater into a bowl or blend with a food processor.
3. Add coconut oil or olive oil into a pan, enough to cover the grated carrot and place on low heat.
4. Add the grated carrot and spread out evenly, stir from time to time until the colour of the oil changes to orange.
5. Once the carrot has become very soft and the infusion process is complete, take the oil off heat leave to cool.
6. Pass the carrot oil through a strainer or cheesecloth and strain out the solids from the oil.

6 Likes

Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by vinegurl(f): 6:05am On Nov 04, 2018
Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
seunmsg
hungerbad
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Queenitee And all the beauty Queens and Kings!

1 Like

Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by Emary(f): 6:15am On Nov 04, 2018
Thanks. You've saved me a lot of money.

1 Like

Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by MJBOLT: 6:28am On Nov 04, 2018
wow
Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by vinegurl(f): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2018
Emary:
Thanks. You've saved me a lot of money.

wow, I'm glad I did. You are always welcome grin
Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by SPDAZZY(f): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Wow, thanks for this
Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by vinegurl(f): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
SPDAZZY:
Wow, thanks for this
You're welcome
Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by babythug(f): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2018
Just tried this out! Not bad at all. It didn’t smell so carroteeey though :/

Leaving it to infuse for a few more days before I start using! *fingers crossed*
Re: Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin by vinegurl(f): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2018
SPDAZZY:
Wow, thanks for this
You're always welcome dear

(1) (Reply)

Cakes And Small Chops / Where Do I Get Kenke In Abuja? / CAN Wants Cocoa Drink Added To School Feeding Programme |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.