Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First (46276 Views)

Court Quashes Debe's Suit, Awards Ojukwu's Will To Bianca / SIR LOUIS OJUKWU: FIRST NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRE / Sylvester Debe Ojukwu Is Dead! Ojukwu's First Son Dies (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by AndLeo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
Let her just tell us that she killed the guy because they did not support her senatorial ambition.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Katier00(f): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
I have never heard of such tradition. We learn everyday. Rip to him. Ojukwu must have gotten married at a very tender age, to have produced a sixty two year old
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by PNomsule: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
unite4real:

I didn't know that Akeredolu, Shoyinka and Gen Abdulsalami are Igbo

Utter savege!

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by mvem(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
PANDA2:

Igbo and culture are like 5 and 6
In any case RIP
...is there any ethnic group that is not 5 and 6 to its culture?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by ozo13(m): 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
teekay213:
When you see your father in heaven tell am say buhari Don almost kill the Biafra people finish o
lol
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by frankfrancis871: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I can just imagine what Debe would have said if he was in her place smiley

Too much of hatred is injurious to one's health!

Rest in peace Debe!

Is this true? And I never had about his death..
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by ImperialYoruba: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
Ibo women have no rights in their culture, period!

They face abuse and discrimination. As they marry into other cultures and find they are given roles which was uncommon and denied in their own culture they gain voice to speak out. Many have spoken out and lately Supreme court ruled to change some of these discriminatory practices in Iboland.

1. When Ibo woman marry Yoruba she moves up in society. She gains new rigjts and liberties.

2. Yoruba women that marry Ibo move their men up in society and open their eyes to new aspects of traditions and ethos they had never known.

3. When Osu move into Yorubaland they gain new economic freedom and social liberties. They discover they can own properties and are the same with everyone else.

4. Even children born into Yoruba/Ibo relationship learn etiquette of social relationships. They learn respect for elders and the false ego and loudness which is the hallmark of Ibo tradition is tamed in them and replaced with Omoluabi. Most important....they are trained to wake their father with greetings and felicitations...they are taught the value of "Eku...", and no product of such intermarriage ever use the known and widely accepted Ibo custom of rousing the father early in morning with a commanding shout and foot kick in the ribs.

I dare any Ibo to challenge these points. I have details and even reports from your homeland, as far back as 1950s to bring up as evidence. I will open a brand new thread just to showcase it.

So wake up and know your place and stop comparing your women's restricted behavior in their custom as equal with the practice everywhere else. No it is not...

Una don provoke my anger this afternoon. We go talk. I no go work today i dey here all day.

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by elsom: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
Henz24:
whats fortunate about announcing the death of one's family member, SMH, anything to speak ill about the tribe

No mind him.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by sparko1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
freedomforall30:
Igbo men and full white facial hair are like 5 and 6. I noticed Igbo men even in their 40s already have full white or gray facial hair. Like Nnamdi Kanu. You can never see this in Yorubas or Hausa-Fulani but you will see it in other Biafran tribes and African Americans too. Another proof we are not the same people with yorubas and hausa-fulani. I wish I had gray beards!

Maybe Wole Soyinka is an Ibo afterall, gay everywhere, must you display your stupidity everywhere!

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by OmenihuFrank: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
This is false Information... This man is not the son of Ojukwu the warlord but his Brother.. abi Ojukwu use less than 20years senior his son....

Ndi media bu ndi nzuzu
......... sharap ... that's his son, Ojukwu died in 2011 at the age of 78.... if he's still alive he would have been 85yrs 2018,....so subtract that from the son's age,den ans ur self

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by sparko1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Johilo(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
This is false Information... This man is not the son of Ojukwu the warlord but his Brother.. abi Ojukwu use less than 20years senior his son....

Ndi media bu ndi nzuzu
check google first before u start to parah
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by haaryobhami: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2018
this woman is cute,she is one milf I'd Bleep without thinking twice
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by teresafaith: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

They face abuse and discrimination. As they marry into other cultures and find they are given roles which was uncommon and denied in their own culture they gain voice to speak out. Many have spoken out and lately Supreme court ruled to change some of these discriminatory practices in Iboland.

1. When Ibo woman marry Yoruba she moves up in society. She gains new rigjts and liberties.

2. Yoruba women that marry Ibo move their men up in society and open their eyes to new aspects of traditions and ethos they had never known.

3. When Osu move into Yorubaland they gain new economic freedom and social liberties. They discover they can own properties and are the same with everyone else.

4. Even children born into Yoruba/Ibo relationship learn etiquette of social relationships. They learn respect for elders and the false ego and loudness which is the hallmark of Ibo tradition is tamed in them and replaced with Omoluabi. Most important....they are trained to wake their father with greetings and felicitations...they are taught the value of "Eku...", and no product of such intermarriage ever use the known and widely accepted Ibo custom of rousing the father early in morning with a commanding shout and foot kick in the ribs.

I dare any Ibo to challenge these points. I have details and even reports from your homeland, as far back as 1950s to bring up as evidence. I will open a brand new thread just to showcase it.

So wake up and know your place and stop comparing your women's restricted behavior in their custom as equal with the practice everywhere else. No it is not...

Una don provoke my anger this afternoon. We go talk. I no go work today i dey here all day.
You totally described osu and ibo people very well, not IGBO

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Foxxybrown: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2018
christopherozo:

She did the right thing. Igbo custom demands that elders in the family announce the death of a family member. It is not the place of a woman to do so. Tomorrow they will begin to read meaning into the whole thing. She is a sensible woman.

Way to Go. She’s really smart. Why asking her to confirm when the dude has brothers who they can ask. Is she his mother?
Why can’t they ask the man’s wife to confirm whether he is dead, such a man that is over 60 years old?
What of asking his children to confirm?
Every time, is Bianca this, Bianca that. She gave them the best answer.

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Hassan88(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I can just imagine what Debe would have said if he was in her place smiley

Too much of hatred is injurious to one's health!

Rest in peace Debe!

What has she said that is wrong now? Women sef...

Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by enemyofprogress: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rubbish! I ate traditions
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Nigga679(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
solihu:
grin confirm.
If truly ur claim about dead people is true, then those you said are killed by Buhari should have seen Ojukwu before his son Dede
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by spiralwedge(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
teekay213:
When you see your father in heaven tell am say buhari Don almost kill the Biafra people finish o

Hahahahahah that he should ressurect sharparly and contest under APGA oo lwkmd
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by frozen70(f): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
jokinexcel:
She's right, in Igbo tradition women are not allowed to make public the death of someone.

Not realy,

They are having family issues and for punch to ask her such questions means that they want to hear her reactions on it

She was wise to direct them to the elders

Besides no ibo tradition says women shouldn't announce a death.

Who carries information more? Is it not women that spreads informations

But they already have family squabbles and her comments could be used against her
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by yinkus6750(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
Is it the tradition alone?
Cos they both had ongoing issues pertaining Ikembas estate and other family issues.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by ImperialYoruba: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Henz24:
whats fortunate about announcing the death of one's family member, SMH, anything to speak ill about the tribe

These commenters lack perspective on history, on humanity and on the evolution of society generally.
I can write a dissertation on this subject alone. It is deep but these commenters have really spiked my emotion today and made me angry.

Traditionally there were various media for breaking news in a community.

1. Newsbreak from the King or Head of a community is done with a town crier at the square or at the market.

2. Newsbreak of a birth is done by women going round family homesteads to deliver cheers and joy of the new arrival. They also have the task of merriment and celebration. Men are facilitators, they provide the means to make the tasks successful. The rites of naming is on the men.

3. Newsbreak of death. Like that of birth, someone has to make the rounds and knock on family doors and break the news.

If this is Ojujwu's son, Biancah is his step-mother. Social protocols in human society places the mother, step-mother, foster-mother, surrogate-mother, grand-mother...and all other mothers immediate to the life of the deceased, in a state of grief...and not reasonably in state of mind to make the rounds and break the news.

Just as Men are not so emotionally elated, and are not ideal for breaking news of a newborn....they are also less touched when a family member is lost and their grieving does not stand in way of other functions. They are regarded as a better newsbreaker of death.

This does not exclude a man from breaking news of birth or a woman from breaking news of death. Its a protocol but not a mandate in human societies generally.

In modern days of celebrity status and no one knocks on doors to breaknews anymore...they are delivered on facebook and whatsapp, "breakingnews" has taken a new meaning and status.

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by spiralwedge(m): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

They won't like this your post o. I no fit shout

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by ImperialYoruba: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
frozen70:

Not realy,

They are having family issues and for punch to ask her such questions means that they want to hear her reactions on it

She was wise to direct them to the elders

Besides no ibo tradition says women shouldn't announce a death.

Who carries information more? Is it not women that spreads informations

But they already have family squabbles and her comments could be used against her

Thank you jare. They like silencing the voice of women.

Awon were.

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hassan88:

What has she said that is wrong now? Women sef...

Check my signature.
She responded well. I was just saying if it were the other way, Debe could have said worst!

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by ImperialYoruba: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
spiralwedge:

They won't like this your post o. I no fit shout

I havent fought on Ibo matter in a while. Im ready for them. grin

In fact let me go get my snuff too and inhale so we go dey same level to hyper-ventilate and super-shout. grin grin
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
Baawaa:
She is trying to play safe grin grin grin
Living her culture.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Tabletop1: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

She responded well. I was just saying if it were the other way, Debe could have said worst!

Exactly.
This same Debe was the main Ojukwu son that was seriously fighting Bianca
These reporters should have ask his brothers to confirm about his death instead of harassing Bianca. Debe even sue her to court several times and even dragging properties with her together with the others. Upon that Debe was publicly fighting her senatorial ambition and saying that she is not his fathers wife. Does he think his father will be happy with him in the spirit world? Karma is a bitch. If you maltreat a widow, your wife will end up same way when you die. Fact of life

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Henz24(m): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

These commenters lack perspective on history, on humanity and on the evolution of society generally.
I can write a dissertation on this subject alone. It is deep but these commenters have really spiked my emotion today and made me angry.

Traditionally there were various media for breaking news in a community.

1. Newsbreak from the King or Head of a community is done with a town crier at the square or at the market.

2. Newsbreak of a birth is done by women going round family homesteads to deliver cheers and joy of the new arrival. They also have the task of merriment and celebration. Men are facilitators, they provide the means to make the tasks successful. The rites of naming is on the men.

3. Newsbreak of death. Like that of birth, someone has to make the rounds and knock on family doors and break the news.

If this is Ojujwu's son, Biancah is his step-mother. Social protocols in human society places the mother, step-mother, foster-mother, surrogate-mother, grand-mother...and all other mothers immediate to the life of the deceased, in a state of grief...and not reasonably in state of mind to make the rounds and break the news.

Just as Men are not so emotionally elated, and are not ideal for breaking news of a newborn....they are also less touched when a family member is lost and their grieving does not stand in way of other functions. They are regarded as a better newsbreaker of death.

This does not exclude a man from breaking news of birth or a woman from breaking news of death. Its a protocol but not a mandate in human societies generally.

In modern days of celebrity status and no one knocks on doors to breaknews anymore...they are delivered on facebook and whatsapp, "breakingnews" has taken a new meaning and status.
okay?

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Henz24(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
elsom:

No mind him.
I tire for some people and how they attach tribe to everything
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Reacts To The Death Of Debe, Ojukwu's First by Mbediogu(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
Baawaa:
She is trying to play safe grin grin grin
She said the truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win / Biafra: Avengers Issues Last Warning To Seven Governors / Olusegun Obasanjo Acts In Samuel Ajibola's Comedy Skit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.