Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? (27798 Views)

I Pay My Three Wives, Children Salaries – Prophet Joseph Apata / Why Should We Pay Tithe If Christ Had Abolished The Law? / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by openmine(m): 12:03am On Nov 05, 2018
Zinny25:
Tithe is different from offerings and donations. If you know the meaning of Tithe then you will understand where it ought to be paid. Paying Tithe doesn't stop you from helping the needy around you...

You should read your Bible and tell the Holy Spirit to make you understand
Wrong!
if you go by the same scriptures where tithe was instructed part of the tithe was given to the needy!
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by BabaAduras: 1:47am On Nov 05, 2018
freshpzy1:

i just av this advice for you;

1. you knowledge do not supercede that of God.........every instruction He gave us including on Tithe should be carryout exactly the way the instructed us.

2. dnt call pple name just because of ur opinion.............its morally wrong and ungodly

3. what that man have said is 1000000000% correct........if you think otherwise, a bible verse to back ur claims are welcomed.........Nairalanders are ready to learn.......or otherwise teach as the case may be.

Rightly said, my knowledge does not supercede that of God, so is your knowledge. Right too, HIS instruction in Duet 14: 22-29 on tithes should be carried out exactly the way HE instructed us. Duet 14:22-29 talk about the reason for tithes and what each person should do with their tithe. If you read Malaki from Chatper 2 up to the part your Pastorprenuers always reference, you will understand the section was addressing corrupt Levis (Pastors).

Are you denying that about 90% of the so called "pastors" are in the business of "Jesus for Money"? They are simply not interested in salvation of souls but what they can bring to the church irrespective of the source. So what do you call those set of pastors that says you cannot be saved unless you pay your tithe to the church? That is statement from the pit of hell meant, to swindle and deceive brethren. I see anybody that is selling the name Jesus Christ as Pastorprenuers and I am not apologetic for calling them so.

I put it to you that Abraham (then Abram) only gave a tithe of spoil of war as tithe (Gen14:14-20). Not a tithe of what he had (remember he was a Cattle farmer) - that was the pre-Law era tithing. The Law era tithing was given in Duet14: 22-29. I challenge you to quote any portion of the bible in the Grace era where Jesus Christ or Apostles said paying tithes is part of Christian duties.

Stop deceiving people. You shall stand before God on the judgement day to account for the deception.
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by Zinny25(f): 5:00am On Nov 05, 2018
openmine:

Wrong!
if you go by the same scriptures where tithe was instructed part of the tithe was given to the needy!
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
you said part not all. Case dismissed
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by openmine(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2018
Zinny25:
you said part not all. Case dismissed
Did you even read the other parts?
Or did you even read the scriptures at all?
Did you know you are also meant to eat part of it?
Do you also know that its meant to be given every year and not monthly as instructed by pastors of your assembly?
I guess you also know that your pastor is neither a levite or old covenant priest hence can not receive tithes....
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by kimona16: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2018
There's absolutely nothing wrong in using your tithe to help others instead of giving it to the church. What's most important is being guided by the HolySpirit. God bless you as you help others.

izzy4shizzy:
I have been thinking about paying of tithe and I have been caught in between two thoughts, now is paying of the 1/10th of ur earnings to the church that is referred to as tithe only or paying that 1/10th to some other purpose which u feel more satisfied with..

For example, would it also be tithe if I give my tithe to someone sourcing for funds to treat a terminal illness?

Because sometimes, I don't really think the church needs my tithe but they stress so much about paying. Now the million dollar question is, is it paying of tithe i.e one tenth of ur earnings generally to whatever purpose you see fit or paying it to the church
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by adegeye38(m): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2018
izzy4shizzy:
I have been thinking about paying of tithe and I have been caught in between two thoughts, now is paying of the 1/10th of ur earnings to the church that is referred to as tithe only or paying that 1/10th to some other purpose which u feel more satisfied with..

For example, would it also be tithe if I give my tithe to someone sourcing for funds to treat a terminal illness?

Because sometimes, I don't really think the church needs my tithe but they stress so much about paying. Now the million dollar question is, is it paying of tithe i.e one tenth of ur earnings generally to whatever purpose you see fit or paying it to the church
The bible was clear about where to pay titihe to, giving to the needy us separate, you pay tithes to church, just as they were doing during jesus times, God said bring all the tithe and offering to my house.

If you want to help the needy help d needy

If you want to pay tithe, pay tithe.

The blessings of tithe becomes evidence when you obey and do it d right way, ny other tin is just a charity donation of one tenth of your money

Tithe simply means 1 tenth

But the person and the chanel you pay it too with the right mentality, determines d blessing
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by lilvercetty(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2018
Afamed:

And you fall for this prey?
I pity the guy, shior
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by openmine(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2018
TonyAntony:
Sometimes we pretend to be ignorant of the words of God regarding this subject. Because we want to do what suits our purpose and not God's clear and definite instructions. It says: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in MY HOUSE." Does it say we should bring it to someone? I mean this is explicit enough for anyone to understand. We take God for granted a lot in this regard. If you pay to someone and not the church, it's no more tithe, please.
Who was God referring to in that scripture?
What is the storehouse in the scriptures where that scripture was taken from?
Are you aware that the same storehouse was meant to store food produce and not money? is meat money?
Do you know who the tithes were given to in that scripture?
Do you know the needy and homeless were beneficiaries of the tithe payments in the old testament?
Please don't read Malachi 3:10-12 in isolation....
Also read Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Deuteronomy 26
Numbers 18:20
Nehemiah 10
When you read a scripture in isolation, you will hardly understand its usage!
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by openmine(m): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2018
may320:

- @Op, tithe is tithe, donation is donation.
- If paid to someone else it becomes a donation/charity giving and no longer tithe.
- Tithe is a commandment with specific percentage to pay.
- Payment of tithe moves God to do many things, seen and unseen for us.
- There are promises made by Him to those who are faithful with it.
- There is a kind of "peace of mind" that goes with payment of it.
- Pray to God to reveal or give you more understanding about tithe payment.
- The Pastors who failed to utilise it the way it was commanded to be used will face the judgement.
- The judgement is not for me and you to decide but is between the Pastor and God.
- May God help us all.
You are forgetting that its the same tithe as commanded in the law of moses that should be used for the needy in Deuteronomy 24:22-29 and Deuteronomy 26....
If according to you,tithe is a commandment from God as instructed in the law of moses, then why are you not applying it according to Deuteronomy 14:22-29?
Its so unfortunate that most believers only listen to what their pastors say and not what scriptures instructs!
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by openmine(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2018
nyovest300:
who told you? pls dont confuse him the tithe is Gods own now this is why we sre usually caught up in the middle cause we do the right thing witha a wrong means.....God said we should give i/410 of our earnings that is to say into the church so if you want to help others do it out of your own money and not the one of God so if you have been doing that ever since my bro you have not been paying your tithe so SIT UP and do the right thing
Can you backup your assertions with scriptures from the bible?
secondly,are you aware that the tithes as instructed in the law of moses also instructs that tithes be given to the needy and homeless?
Re: Would It Still Be Tithe If I Pay It To Someone In Need Rather Than The Church? by may320: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
Heybeedee:

Note.... Zakat is the equivo of tithe in...... aims giving is otherwise known as sadaqah "
Noted. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.