Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. (1728 Views)

What A Christian Saw On Hospital Bed Of Rich Atheist Friend Dying Of Lung Cancer / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me / Pastor Wilson Had Sex With His Wife's Best Friend's Daughter - Pastor Thaddeus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
kazyhm:

Religion makes us judge people around us......reference to the verse of your moral compass you quoted.

It not just siggy as you indicated.......many Ziggys here are motivating and inspiring. why is yours against what you preach ?
Your perception about religion is really lacklustre.
I refuse to trade words with you.
#peace.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by stacyadams: 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
Religion be blocking Nigerians brain since d days of Abraham

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by kazyhm(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

Your perception about religion is really lacklustre.
I refuse to trade words with you.
#peace.

I like your chicken out tactic........I actually expect another verse to cover up.

I like to be your friend too because you're honest
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
kazyhm:

I like your chicken out tactic........I actually expect another verse to cover up.

I like to be your friend too because you're honest
This is not a debate. I already said everything.
Let him that has ears,listen.
Btw your monicker,are you a muslim?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
stacyadams:
Religion be blocking Nigerians brain since d days of Abraham
Christianity is not a religion brother. Its a lifestyle.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by kazyhm(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

This is not a debate. I already said everything.
Let him that has ears,listen.
Btw your monicker,are you a muslim?

NO. Why do you care ?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
kazyhm:

NO. Why do you care ?
I just want to tell you that Jesus is the only way to eternal life. Repent and Christ will heal your soul and cleanse you.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by kazyhm(m): 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

I just want to tell you that Jesus is the only way to eternal life. Repent and Christ will heal your soul and cleanse you.

Well, I will like you to preach something different not same old messages and imaginary benefits
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

No,you are mistaken. The bible says "love your neigbour as yourself". The bible also says"whoever does not love his brother abides in darkness". There are many scriptures which emphasized the important role Love plays in the life of christians.
My refusing his close rapport doesn't mean i don't love him.
The bible says "he who says he loves God and hates his brother is a liar for how can you hate your brother who you see and say you love God whom you haven't seen".
Do not be unequally yoked together with umbelievers.

LoL, that is why it is cognitive dissonance. You believe two dissonant things at once. You say you have love but reject love

2 Likes

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

My intention is to bring to the awareness of christians how very close communication with umbelievers can sever the relationship between them and God.
No caustic emoticons.
OK,there u have it,christians make sure ur best friend is not an atheist,case closed,any other thing Op ?

2 Likes

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

Christianity is not a religion brother. Its a lifestyle.
Wrong,christianity is primarily a religion,if you choose to also see it as a lifestyle,fine,but first and foremost christianity is a religion,u people should stop all this dumb tactics,seriously

3 Likes

Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
Anas09:

He obviously want to distract him.

We choose our paths...

Distraction isn't always towards a wrong course. Is it?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
DeSepiero:

It is. QED
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
Deckline:

It is. QED

Give the statement some thought. You're being emotional.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
DeSepiero:

When a word is used outside context, it can be made to mean anything. But within this context, distraction is making an effort to turn someone away from his course. So it's imperative that we remember within contexts.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
Anas09:

When a word is used outside context, it can be made to mean anything. But within this context, distraction is making an effort to turn someone away from his course. So it's imperative that we remember within contexts.

In essence, within the context of this discuss the same thing holds isn't it?
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
DeSepiero:

In essence, within the context of this discuss the same thing holds isn't it?
Within the context of this Op, it is.

Every Atheist hates Christ and His followers, they careless if someone is a Muslim, but be a Christian, if they can't bully you down, they pretend friendship then disparage and malign the Lord by Pointing to the blindness of their eyes with the hope of getting you to be as blind as they are.

So, yeah, it is.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
Anas09:

Within the context of this Op, it is.

Every Atheist hates Christ and His followers, they careless if someone is a Muslim, but be a Christian, if they can't bully you down, they pretend friendship then disparage and malign the Lord by Pointing to the blindness of their eyes with the hope of getting you to be as blind as they are.

So, yeah, it is.

You're wrong! Every atheist doesn't hate Christ and his followers. I believe what atheists hate is the abandonment of reason and critical thought for dogma which is often the case in religious circles. Atheists must have friends and family who are Christians which they love.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
DeSepiero:

You're wrong! Every atheist doesn't hate Christ and his followers. I believe what atheists hate is the abandonment of reason and critical thought for dogma which is often the case in religious circles. Atheists must have friends and family who are Christians which they love.
Wait! Do you seriously believe that atheists think more rationality than Christians or you are saying this becos that is the general atheistic thought?

If there's any irrationality amongst men, found amongst those who believe only what they can see.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Anas09:

Wait! Do you seriously believe that atheists think more rationality than Christians or you are saying this becos that is the general atheistic thought?

If there's any irrationality amongst men, found amongst those who believe only what they can see.

I actually believe religious people (including Christians) are more likely to abandon use of logic and critical thought, and stick to dogmatic beliefs and superstitions as influenced by their religion.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
DeSepiero:

I actually believe religious people (including Christians) are more likely to abandon use of logic and critical thought, and stick to dogmatic beliefs and superstitions as influenced by their religion.
Okay. Hold unto that belief bros. whatever gives you the kick.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by DeSepiero(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
Anas09:

Okay. Hold unto that belief bros. whatever gives you the kick.

Atleast, you learnt a thing.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Anas09: 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
DeSepiero:

Atleast, you learnt a thing.
Hahahahahahaha. Thanks for the lecture. You wish!!!
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Mwatuangi: 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
Deckline:
Guys,i need your advice.. I really have been trying to grow spiritually.
I have been able to convince some few folks about Jesus except this particular guy.
He brought all scientific and philosophical theories to disprove the existence of God. The same nonsense the umbelievers here seem to do.
Now he is telling me he would love me to be his best friend.
The bible says
"be not unequally yoked together with umbelievers,for what fellowship hath light with darkness,or what communion hath Christ with Belial or what agreement hath the temple of God with idols".
Friends please,i just need your opinion on this.
God bless!

The bible also says if you don't have love, all the other things you have in life are a waste. I'd recommend you read 1 Corinthians 13.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Deckline(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
Mwatuangi:

The bible also says if you don't have love, all the other things you have in life are a waste. I'd recommend you read 1 Corinthians 13.
You lack comprehension.
Please kindly read through again.
Re: He Wants Me To Be His Best Friend But He Is An Atheist. by Mwatuangi: 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
Deckline:

You lack comprehension.
Please kindly read through again.

I don't lack comprehension. Showing compassion is a key tenet of Christian scripture, especially in the NT, as I just illustrated with the example I gave you. If the person genuinely respects you as an individual, then them being an atheist shouldn't bother you. Being a non-believer isn't a contagious disease you can get any more than being a believer is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Jewish Torah And The Igbo Odinani. / An Account Of Coming End Of Days / 2023 Prophecy Through Dr. D.K. Olukoya Coming To Manifestation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.