Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44738 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by KoladeChris24(m): 7:11am On Nov 07, 2021
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Sonnobax15(m): 7:13am On Nov 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
So the jesus wey dey your catholic church dey different from the jesus wey dey her own church?

Leave her alone.....Make she dey over selective on her choice of husband materials because of their different churches.By the time when meno-stop go don dey knock on her door stylishly,dem no go tell her....By then,she no go even say No to any mallam Kabiru wey come from Kebbi state undecided

676 Likes 25 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Mood11: 7:17am On Nov 07, 2021
Oga if you start living your life by her dictates even before the marriage just know that you must continue with it and never stop else any day you do otherwise from her bidding the marriage will scatter angry
Let her join you in your church, it's the same God everywhere...

Na this type go say make you forget about your family angry

After the marriage wetin you go dey hear na "my pastor says, my pastor said, pastor said, pastor will, I will ask pastor" angry

664 Likes 34 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2021
Let her go

265 Likes 4 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Bigredmachine: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2021
She's the type that respect her pastor and dis respect her husband... I won't be surprised if it's her pastor that is behind all the these...

Oga you better think straight and take the right step

401 Likes 10 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by WoundedLamb: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2021
I don't see why you should leave your church for her. I'm not trying to invalidate her desire to have a family that has the same denomination, but if you're not willing to make that move (which you are not obliged to) she has to decide if it's a deal breaker and move on if so. Our happiness as individuals is very important and it's fine if marrying a catholic is what will make her happy. But you shouldn't sacrifice your own happiness too. Y'all should approach the subject logically without sentiment and should be ready to love each other enough to end the relationship if any compromise at the stage would lead to issues later. It's good you're even being honest with each other. Some men would simply agree to her demands just to take her to the alter and then remind her who's the head of the family afterwards.

These are the kind of subjects we should be discussing during the dating phase when things aren't serious yet. That's basically why we date.

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by advanceDNA: 7:25am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

Obviously u have different beliefs...she’s afraid u will later make her and her children attend your church.....if you both can’t compromise for each other over church matter make una dey go una seperate ways...it’s just church Abeg ...

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by chiommy123(f): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2021
I understand her sha. Some of us do not feel very comfortable in some churches

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BigBelleControl(m): 7:34am On Nov 07, 2021
I have a Catholic friend who ended up in Redeem because of his fiancee.
His other reason was that he always miss morning mass because the Catholic Church he attended was far from his house.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by louken(m): 7:35am On Nov 07, 2021
I was once in your shoes. I saw that as a red flag and decided to part ways.
It may seem difficult now but in a few months, you will look back and laugh

284 Likes 10 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Mleeperbother: 7:44am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Cut her off. Control freak.

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by federal9: 7:44am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Don't be blinded by love.

She is not meant for you. A woman who loves a man will stand by him no matter what.

Listen if you have ears!!!

179 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by dingbang(m): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2021
Difficult to marry in this generation

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by toujurs: 7:47am On Nov 07, 2021
dingbang:
Difficult to marry in this generation
I swear, you can imagine the condition, as if she is the one to fund the wedding.

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Then stop going to Catholic church, its that simple

11 Likes 11 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Religion; the bane of progress in Nigeria.

My wife goes to mountain of fire.

I'm a traditional worshipper.

I can never set foot in church.

She knows that.

That's why we only did court marriage and traditional marriage.

No church.

I can't let religion dictate my life.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by house10s: 7:52am On Nov 07, 2021
when she begin fuk her pastor no shock.
better tell d bitch to fuk off, love ko love ni.

simp

68 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by 2ndchildhood(m): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2021
So as husband scarce reach, women still the give conditions?

218 Likes 8 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

You better leave her before you marry! As a man, your wife is supposed to join you and not the other way round except you are about to leave the Catholic church on your own Accord. Never let a girlfriend dictate to you before marriage. She will increase it by � times if you condole such now.
Again, don't be a mumu sorry a SIMP.

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Myer(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Which denomination does she attend.

Usually non-Catholics believe Catholic Church is into idolatry. So I guess that's her fear.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by 2ndchildhood(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Then stop going to Catholic church, its that simple

106 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by mrdharkchild(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2021
It is written, that a women would leave her family, her God and all that shit and accept her husbands shit and all. Abi Bible Don become irrelevant?
It's not the other way round, simp.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2021
Na so she go say make u cut off association with your siblings and parents to show love for her.. when una don marry

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Truvelisback(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Don't marry that girl. She will be a disaster to u. She wants to control u like a television remute, to her desire television stations. Bro, wise up.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by CaveAdullam: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2021
1. You're a grown man, you do the leading and she follows. Inasmuch that you're in the right lane, don't take her opinion except otherwise.

2. It is better you start looking out for other women because probably, you might not end up with her long term. She's your first and only love, too bad for you! Certainly, from your writeup you've invested much on her and the relationship so far.

3. The moment you start jettisoning your own desires for hers, making her share in leadership role, dictating how you will live your life and how the relationship should go is an indication that the foundation of the union is standing on a quagmire.

4. Perhaps, she got other options and just looking for a more rational way to dump you. And the first medium is to raise up religious and church issues.

Braze up bro, it is either you manage the relationship with the love of your life, a boring one it will eventually be where you would have to please her till the end of day. Or, you take hold of your life and refuse the love of your life with her baggage of manipulations.

As they always say, 'the ball is in your court'.

Have a nice day.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by siofra(f): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2021
So people still do this kind of thing

11 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Vinnie2000(m): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2021
OP
No servant can serve Two Masters at the same time..You Must love one and Hate the other!

In dis case, you MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN Catholic Church and Your Girlfriend..

You love the Catholic Church too Much!
She loves her Pentecostal Church same way! I will advice you forget about dis young lady!
The Two of You Cannot Mix! sad

Look around the Catholic Church nah!
Statistics show dat We have the Finest, Freshest and morally disciplined Babes amongst all Churches cool cheesy

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Vinnie2000(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2021
[ undecidedquote author=Sonnobax15 =107396840] :-XSo the jesus wey dey her catholic church dey different from the jesus wey dey your own church?

Leave her alone.....Make she dey over selective on her choice of husband materials because of their different churches.By the time when meno-stop go don dey knock on her door stylishly,dem no go tell her....By then,she no go even say No to any mallam Kabiru wey come from Kebbi state undecided[/quote]

Lolss..
See my ever Funny Delta Guy!
Pls Read d Post again.. cheesy smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Vinnie2000(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2021
CaveAdullam:
1. You're a grown man, you do the leading and she follows. Inasmuch that you're in the right lane, don't take her opinion except otherwise.

2. It is better you start looking out for other women because probably, you might not end up with her long term. She's your first and only love, too bad for you! Certainly, from your writeup you've invested much on her and the relationship so far.

3. The moment you start jettisoning your own desires for hers, making her share in leadership role, dictating how you will live your life and how the relationship should go is an indication that the foundation of the union is standing on a quagmire.

4. Perhaps, she got other options and just looking for a more rational way to dump you. And the first medium is to raise up religious and church issues.

Braze up bro, it is either you manage the relationship with the love of your life, a boring one it will eventually be where you would have to please her till the end of day. Or, you take hold of your life and refuse the love of your life with her baggage of manipulations.

As they always say, 'the ball is in your court'.

Have a nice day.

The young lady seems a Bossy individual or Control freak! sad
The OP Must use his Head really!
Ur comments made so much sense!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Newboss(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Delete her number. Stop being a bloody simp.

If you can't do that, then get her pregnant. That's always the last resort in cases like this

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Judybash93(m): 9:28am On Nov 07, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Religion; the bane of progress in Nigeria.

My wife goes to mountain of fire.

I'm a traditional worshipper.

I can never set foot in church.

She knows that.

That's why we only did court marriage and traditional marriage.

No church.

I can't let religion dictate my life.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Folu Adeboye In South African Outfit (photos) / What People Need To Know About Tb Joshua And His Ministry / Prophet Owusu Bempah Marries Abena Animah; His 3rd Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.