Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Can Demons Possess A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Demons Possess A Christian? (1885 Views)

If Supernatural Bodies Are Better Than Human Bodies Why Do Demons Possess Humans / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Demons Possess A Christian? by lensdam(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is a question that is causing arguement in the body of Christ if possible a Christian can be possess by the devil or not.

Your contribution is highly welcome on this thread.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by shakmati(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
It is really impossible for a demon to possess a christain. The inly problem is that there are many who are not really christain but in name! They know nothing about their status in Christ!
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
No! When you get the detailed meaning of who a Christian is then you will stop asking this kind of irrelevant questions, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by lensdam(m): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
Tosinex:
No! When you get the detailed meaning of who a Christian is then you will stop asking this kind of irrelevant questions, thanks.

can you please explain in details who a Christian is?
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by OriginalKogiboy(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
I christian can b influence by demon but can not be posses. Holyspirit and demon can not stay together. but during a heated deliverance service. the holispirit shift and perfect the work of delivrance in an aflicted christian. I ONCE CASTED OUT DEMON FROM AN AFLICTED PASTOR.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by orisa37: 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Yes.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by jom28gy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
What is Satan?is Satan different from man?the answer is no.man is Satan, and man is also a child of God.
The different is the attitudes they possessed. Nothing like Satan possessing them.hence, Satan goes to church, Read Bible, and do other things.
What differentiates them is their behaviors. A child of God loves,do good, but Satan is not

1 Like

Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
No.

It is impossible. Holy spirit possesses a child of God..

Who is that demon that will stand where God the father, son and the holy spirit reside?

A trillion of them no fit.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by generationz(f): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:
I christian can b influence by demon but can not be posses. Holyspirit and demon can not stay together. but during a heated deliverance service. the holispirit shift and perfect the work of delivrance in an aflicted christian. I ONCE CASTED OUT DEMON FROM AN AFLICTED PASTOR.

the letters in caps too is what I was thinking of

I know an mfm pastor who told us a story of how after years of affliction , he decided to lock himself in his room.

His aim was to spend as many days there praying and fasting till God showed up.

On the tenth day. he said a black tall and smelly demon came out of him looked back at him with hatred and disappeared

That was the end of years of abject poverty and continuous rejection.

Mind you, he said he was already a pastor when this happened.

He also used to pray for people.

That story made me begin to think twice about the issue of possession.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Ihedinobi3: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2018
The very nature of demon possession makes it very hard even for a demon to possess an unbeliever. It requires a free will choice to grant a demon use of your physical body. This is something that is impossible for a believer to do with the Holy Spirit already occupying said body.

1 Like

Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by estheragha: 12:18am On Nov 05, 2018
THE HOLYSPIRIT WORKS WITHIN GOD'S WORD OF PROMISE

http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_10.php
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by estheragha: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2018
CAN ONE PURCHASE THE HOLYSPIRIT BY HIS OWN EFFORT

http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_11.php
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by estheragha: 12:20am On Nov 05, 2018
DID YOU RECEIVE THE HOLYSPIRIT WHEN YOU BELIEVED?

http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_12.php
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by MuttleyLaff: 12:56am On Nov 05, 2018
lensdam:
This is a question that is causing arguement in the body of Christ if possible a Christian can be possess by the devil or not.

Of course, ignorance, is the mother of argument

Though a believer cannot be possessed by the devil,
it doesnt mean the devil cannot enter a believer.

The devil can pay a believer a visit, not necessarily wanting to make home of the believer,
but merely out of want to do a "flying visit/courtesy call"
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Ihedinobi3: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Of course, ignorance, is the mother of argument

Though a believer cannot be possessed by the devil,
it doesnt mean the devil cannot enter a believer.

The devil can pay a believer a visit, not necessarily wanting to make home of the believer,
but merely out of want to do a "flying visit/courtesy call"
Hello friend.

Good to still see you out and about.

I don't know if your are referring to it, but the part I put in italics in your comment reminds me of Satan entering Judas. If you were, that event was only possible because Judas Iscariot was not a believer when it happened. In fact, he was never a believer at all.

So, Satan can never enter into a believer for any reason. It is impossible. Before such a thing could happen, the believer must apostatise first.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by MuttleyLaff: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Hello friend.

Good to still see you out and about.
Hi, my brother from my other mother

Ihedinobi3:
I don't know if your are referring to it,
but the part I put in italics in your comment reminds me of Satan entering Judas.
If you were, that event was only possible because Judas Iscariot was not a believer when it happened.
In fact, he was never a believer at all.

So, Satan can never enter into a believer for any reason.
It is impossible. Before such a thing could happen, the believer must apostatise first.
The devil entered Judas and possessed him
and Judas influenced and/or controlled by the devil is the evidence he was possessed

The devil entering a believer, doesnt mean the devil enters, to possess the believer
I've entered so many properties, that I never bought or took over
I've entered so many cars, that I didnt end up possessing or owning

The fact is, the devil has a free pass to travel or wander about anywhere the devil fancies
So means, the devil can enter into a believer, for a lot and many reasons.

The question is, would Satan be able to make home, on any or each visit(s)
The thing is, when the devil enters a believer, it expectedly should rapidly vamoose, on sight of the strong man

The devil likes to talk, and so, enters into dialogue with all and sundry
Remember the devil with Eve in the garden, remember the devil with Jesus in the wilderness
Remember the devil with Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira
So reiterating, though a believer cannot be possessed by the devil,
it does not mean the devil cannot enter a believer.
The devil will enter into dialogue with believers.

1 Like

Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:37am On Nov 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

and Judas influenced and/or controlled by the devil is the evidence he was possessed

The devil entering a believer, doesnt mean the devil enters, to possess the believer

The fact is, the devil has a free pass to travel or wander about anywhere the devil fancies

The thing is, when the devil enters a believer, it expectedly should rapidly vamoose, on sight of the strong man

Remember the devil with Eve in the garden, remember the devil with Jesus in the wilderness

Demons may try to influence from a distance.. no matter how far the distance is...

But CANNOT. enter a child of God and possess the body..

Billion of trillions of them cannot do it... They will just amount to innumerable sets of weak spirits .

Many of us do not know what it means for the Holy Spirit to Dwell in someone.

Angels are not permitted to posses a man... or even receive worship From man.

the Devil himself and his demons are fallen angels...

Nothing has changed.. A child of God is free.

Humans are yet to come to terms with what was done on the cross of Calvary.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by MuttleyLaff: 5:34am On Nov 06, 2018
Originakalokalo:
Demons may try to influence from a distance.. no matter how far the distance is...

But CANNOT. enter a child of God and possess the body..

Billion of trillions of them cannot do it... They will just amount to innumerable sets of weak spirits .

Many of us do not know what it means for the Holy Spirit to Dwell in someone.

Angels are not permitted to posses a man... or even receive worship From man.

the Devil himself and his demons are fallen angels...

Nothing has changed.. A child of God is free.

Humans are yet to come to terms with what was done on the cross of Calvary.
Do you, always, possess everywhere, you enter?
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by paxonel(m): 6:07am On Nov 06, 2018
lensdam:

it is not possible.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

All christians have confessed christ. The moment anyone confess christ there is automatic spirit of God in that person, this is against the believe that a christian can be possessed with demon.

Therefore that is not possible

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children,and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

This is referring to every believer of christ, so long you believe.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by paxonel(m): 6:20am On Nov 06, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:
it wasnt demon you casted, he was temporarily schizophrenic.
A lot of people especially women who are so emotional find themselves in that condition in the intense of church service, it is temporary emotional and psychological disorder where the individual appear to see or hear things they think they are real.

There were also deliverance which were arranged by pastors with the person who is delivered we have done that one before, it is not hidden anymore.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:02am On Nov 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Do you, always, possess everywhere, you enter?

Human's body is different.

Demons cannot ENTER THE PLACE WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT RESIDE.

I say again, that Humans are yet to come to terms with the wonder that happen on the cross.

Its like saying that a demon enters Jesus while he was on earth but didn't possess him..same with Paul and Peter.

Don't tell me they are different . It is the same spirit of God in us....but of different measure .

The death of Jesus activates the spirit of God to live in humans....those that accept the sacrifice.

A demon can influence... like Jesus was tempted... he was influenced ..The devil did not enter into him.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by MuttleyLaff: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2018
Originakalokalo:
Human's body is different.

Demons cannot ENTER THE PLACE WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT RESIDE.

I say again, that Humans are yet to come to terms with the wonder that happen on the cross.

Its like saying that a demon enters Jesus while he was on earth but didn't possess him..same with Paul and Peter.

Don't tell me they are different . It is the same spirit of God in us....but of different measure .

The death of Jesus activates the spirit of God to live in humans....those that accept the sacrifice.

A demon can influence... like Jesus was tempted... he was influenced ..

The devil did not enter into him.
Entering IS NOT possession

Demon tried to influence, tried to take control, tried to possess, but failed.

Demons enter everywhere and anywhere, demons enter places of worship or fellowships

Yes, its saying that the devil entered Jesus' mind or thoughts while He was on earth but didn't possess Him... same with Paul and Peter.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:05am On Nov 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Entering IS NOT possession

Demon tried to influence, tried to take control, tried to possess, but failed.

Demons enter everywhere and anywhere, demons enter places of worship or fellowships

Yes, its saying that the devil entered Jesus' mind or thoughts while He was on earth but didn't possess Him... same with Paul and Peter.

Peace.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Talk2nanro(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
Now let me answer you this question clearly , you must have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of you before you can bodly refer to yourself as Christian. No demon can ever ever dwell with Holy Spirit in the same body. Any person that teaches you otherwise is a blasphemer and does not have the Holy Spirit.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Ihedinobi3: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I have three observations here:

1. The Scriptures do not say that Satan entered Judas and possessed him. They only say that he entered him. There is no reason from what it says to assume that there is a difference between Satan or any demon entering a body and possessing that body. In Matthew 12:43-45 and Luke 11:24-26, the Lord Himself makes clear that the whole aim of fallen angels concerning physical bodies is to live in them, not merely to enter and leave at will. I know of no Scriptural reason to believe that what is true of all fallen angels is not true of Satan, their chief. Do you?

2. There is no Scriptural reason that I know for the idea that Satan has a free pass to enter anywhere he wants. Perhaps you can share what you know here.

3. Your analogy is not a good enough or exact parallel to the issue. You may enter where you will if you are permitted by the owners of these places to enter them or if you are one of the owners of such places. Our bodies were graciously given to us by God and thus we have full ownership rights to them. This is why no fallen angel may enter a human body without the explicit consent of the owner of that body. For this reason, demon possession is not nearly as common as it could have been. Then again, for the believer, by our choice to trust in the Lord Jesus, our bodies have been freely given to God and God has taken residence in it. This means that even if we did want to let in a fallen angel, we would still need to get God out first. That also requires a free will choice to quit believing in the Lord Jesus. If we hold on to that faith, then there is a two-fold lock on our bodies. Not only does Satan have to deal with our own free will, but he also has to deal with a co-owner who is very jealous for our bodies. This is the biblical position. How can Satan entering where not only has no permission been given but where also an enemy of his lives?
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
A Christian cannot be possessed by demons.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
A christian who is conscious of who he is in Christ cannot be possessed by the devil. It is either you are the temple of God or you are the temple of Satan.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by lensdam(m): 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
Is it biblical to wage war against devil?
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by YAHREIGNS: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
They can be oppressed ... like paul

2 Corinthians 12:7 |
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by YAHREIGNS: 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
lensdam:
Is it biblical to wage war against devil?
Definitely

Ephesians 6
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by lensdam(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

Definitely

so what does the bible mean by saying we are sitted with Christ far above principalities and power?
Re: Can Demons Possess A Christian? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
Have you ever been angry to the point you couldn't control yourself?

There you have been possessed, Christian or no...

No matter how spiritual you are, you can only strive for perfection...

Any giving of place to the devil by consenting to sin of any kind is akin to a form of possession by that spirit controlling the sin. And no, the Holy Spirit is never with you when you are tempted and fall for sin until you pick yourself up, realize your iniquity and ask for forgiveness. Then you are revived and the Spirit of God dwells within the believer again...

Please don't get too comfortable in thinking you've been saved and are free from being overtaken... Take heed people and shalom!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian- The god-man( The Fullness Of God In Man) / What Are Your Chances Of Being Saved? / Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.