Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? (1611 Views)

What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer / Top Ten Best Antivirus In The World / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by DoubleN(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2007
Hey guys, i would like to know which is your favorite antivirus or better still which do you think is the best.I just finished reading an article,and found out that Nod32 was voted the best. I would really like to know your opinion.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by agent124: 3:54am On Apr 12, 2007
Yes,

I do agree that NOD antivirus has some great capabilities. I used it for a while and it didn't disapoint. Most antivirus softwares (excluding the free ones) that are used in Nigeria I believe are cracked versions- that is, the ones bought at computer village. Very few people would take out some thousands to buy original.

My point is, if you pay for an antivirus, you don't get disapointed but even with that, some are better than others. Ever tried Kaspersky Internet Security Suite. You can try the full working version for 30 days.

Its an amazing software.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by Wilfem(m): 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2007
I uses Symantec antivirus and I enjoys it a lot 'cos I use to update it regularly on the net and my PC is always protected from viruses and other threats.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by Maleeq(m): 1:12am On Apr 13, 2007
World ratings has BitDefender as the best. I have used it but currently, I am using kaspersky Internet Security(2nd to BitDefender).
It is very light, you hardly even notice it's activities. During scans, it's priority drops as soon as you start any other application. Norton does not have this effect.

Go for Kaspersky
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by hola2ng(m): 7:54am On Apr 13, 2007
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by Tornadoz(m): 5:22am On Apr 17, 2007
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite is the best there is. I am currently using Nod32 now because I couldn't renew kaspersky's licence. If you want the best, go for Kaspersky, though its heavy on system resources.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by kleinbaas: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2007
Try the Anti-Virus from www.discmaster.info, it comes with a professional Anti-Spyware and updates itself automatically (free for 1 year) and it scans in the background - using less resources than most!
If it finds a virus it brings up a hazard sign and a siren sounds - v cool :-)
I use it because it managed to install on my infected PC (when Norton and McAfee wouldn't) and it found the virus straight away plus it has kept my PC clean since. Get it at http://www.diskmaster.info/UK/software.htm or http://www.discmaster.info/USA/software.htm
Hope this helps!
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by Abeyphier(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2007
AVAST is kool
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by dblock(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2007
AVG, becuase I have never had any problems since installations. It updates daily, and costs nothing. Norton Antivirus, doesn't prompt you each time you start you computer, and updates take longer.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by hayprof(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2007
yes o @ dblock, Norton slows down ur pc nd can take years getting updates. -yuk-
AVG 7.5 is It! -Go grab am Now!!
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by abohrandy: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2007
Avast does it all for me n updates every tym i hook up to the net without disturbing me at all. man go for it
its huts da bomb!!!
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by Tini(m): 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2007
my own rating of this anti-virus suites.

1.Norton internet security.
2.Avg anti-virus.
3.Kaspersky anti-virus.
4.Avast anti-virus.
5.Mcafee anti-virus.

this rating is for now.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by itismd(m): 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2007
1. kaspersky is wonderful i use it i my system in the office, its the best
2ndly i use norton on my laptop because its also good. why? because  i can update offline(downloading virus definition). norton 2006 is not really eatin up the cpu speed onlike other versions. one thing people don't like about norton is because it slows down the system. but i tell u its good u can imagine yahoo using symantec product on their severs.
3. Avg i use that one for my old system at home because i can also update it without connecting to internet.
 if not for the advantages of upgrading offline, i would only be using kaspersky internet security.
the next i will consider is
avast then
protertor plus   . No1 is kaspersky
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Best Antivirus? by Dollarchap(m): 10:32am On Oct 07, 2019
I totally support the person above me. Some people think that using free antivirus software is enough. The truth is that, free antivirus does not provide adequate security. With the number of possible threats today, it is advisable to protect your investment on your system and your information. The article below is just an eye-opener to me. Before I thought that virus is the only thing that can attack a computer.
https://www.otnconsultinglimited.com/index.php/software/antivirus

(1) (Reply)

Internet Connection For My Laptop / Computer Boots And Stop. Showing A Blue Screen And A Cursor. / How To Watch Dstv On Your Phone And Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.