Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Illegal Helicopter Charter Flights’ Spark Row In Aviation Sector - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Illegal Helicopter Charter Flights’ Spark Row In Aviation Sector (11060 Views)

Abimbola Ogunbanjo's Family Sues Helicopter Charter Company / Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs / Nigeria’s Aviation Sector: Any Need For Government Participation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Illegal Helicopter Charter Flights’ Spark Row In Aviation Sector by RillJ(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
The Army should hire out their armored tanks as well

Come to think of it, the Police can actually run a full fledged transport concern with the APCs (Armored Personnel Carrier) vehicles they have 'idle' all over the place.

Note - 'redundancy' is an active ingredient and a major requirement in emergency and Security management.

martyns303:
I don't know why the police have to defend themselves, There are lots of private jets and helicopters in Nigeria and the owners usually give them out for hire.

The cost of maintaining these aircrafts and paying crew is very high and the best way to cover some cost will be to give it out for hire, rather than have it just sit down. The police can make good money from this charter to maintain the aircrafts and relieve the government the cost burden. especially this election period where politicians are moving about a lot. Plus a Bell 412 brings in good money, about $25k per hour not to mention waiting time. nest oil is cashing out by giving out their Bell 412 for hire.
Re: Illegal Helicopter Charter Flights’ Spark Row In Aviation Sector by ubcandid(m): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
blayz0923:

For your info, Nest oil (NestAv) has no Bell 412.
Secondly, the cost of charter for a Bell 412, even with taxes is less than half that price you mentioned.

As in, the way guys dey quote charter price ehhhhh. Felt delighted when i saw your comment on this cos I thought I was the only odd one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get From Oshodi To Yaba (urgent Pls) / Independence Day Tragedy: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Taraba Varsity Student / How Many Planes To Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.