Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain (2621 Views)

APC Governors Are Suing Buhari, PDP Governors Are Supporting Him - Akinkuotu / How Saraki Plans To Defeat Buhari In 2019 / PDP Needs Strong Candidate To Defeat Buhari, Says Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2018
A former Governor of Ebonyi State and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Sam Egwu has said it would be difficult for his party to defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Egwu, who is a Senator representing Ebonyi, said though PDP looked good to win the elections, the party still has lots of work to do.

Addressing journalists in his Umuebe Farms, in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, over the weekend, Egwu described Buhari as an incumbent and someone who has all the needed support in the general election.

He insisted that anybody who says defeating Buhari will be easy was not sincere.

Egwu said PDP has been greatly re-branded, adding “even our chairman has apologized where he made a mistake and I am a PDP person. So, I believe we have what it takes to win but it is not going to be easy.

“This incumbent is someone that has the support of all, someone who comes with the mantra of change, fighting corruption and making sure that all the security issues are addressed. So it is left for Nigerians to judge whether all these issues have been seriously addressed.

“But to be honest, they have tried in many areas. I don’t believe that you just wake up and condemn someone because you want to rule the person out; the President has tried his best. This country is a very complex country where if you are moving this way people will be pushing you that way.

“The President has tried; there is now doubt about it.

“As opposition party, you know opposition is when you have done something they will say you have not done it well because they want to be there but I’m sure by the end of the day, God will decide who will be there.”

SOURCE: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/11/why-atiku-will-find-it-difficult-to.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by Kingosytex(m): 9:40am On Nov 05, 2018
GEJ was an incumbent and had all the attributes mentioned by egwu when buhari/ jibril defeated him.

we must send that jibril to south sudan!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by Abidob(m): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2018
Always say the truth so u can put the devil to shame.. Some iPod abi ipob yoots will come here and say rubbish now.. we dey wait una

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by oyebanji44: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2018
Na true talk.cause Atiku is worst than ever..Any one that vote for Atiku ..does not Reason well.

4 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by futuregovernor: 9:45am On Nov 05, 2018
oyebanji44:
Na true talk.cause Atiku is worst than ever..Any one that vote for Atiku ..does not Reason well.
Your reasoning has been keeping you at that same level....,Mr reasoner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by otukpo(f): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2018
Egwu has been bought by APC.
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by oyebanji44: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2018
God go punish all Atiku"s supporter..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by shukuokukobambi: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2018
When I read talks like the below from people like Sam Egwu or Dave Umahi, I get certain every day that PDP and Atiku failure will start from the SE cheesy

...."This incumbent is someone that has the support of all,".......

“But to be honest, they have tried in many areas. I don’t believe that you just wake up and condemn someone because you want to rule the person out; the President has tried his best. This country is a very complex country where if you are moving this way people will be pushing you that way.

“The President has tried; there is now doubt about it.

How can these power brokers in PDP from the power base of the PDP be eulogizing their main opponent like this? cheesy

Can Atiku count on Egwu, Ekweremadu, Umahi and co to fight this battle for him? Or will they betray him finally?

Is it still because of Peter Obi? At least Obiano has told them where he stands on that so no arguments about that one cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2018
oyebanji44:

lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2018
otukpo:
Egwu has been bought by APC.
hmmn, you think so?

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2018
oyebanji44:
God go punish all Atiku"s supporter..
take am easy oo

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by Fierce11: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2018
The PDP would also find it difficult because APC have already put everything in place to rig this election but it WILL be, MUST be and SHALL be in vain.
Sai Atiku.
Sai Obi.
Sai better Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by rusher14: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2018
Egwu must be Afonja.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by SarkinYarki: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2018
The only Buhari has of winning the elections is result alteration and rigging
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by shukuokukobambi: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2018
rusher14:
Egwu must be Afonja.

grin

I've been suspecting ever since I saw him eat Amala and ewedu at OBJ's house in Ota cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2018
Fierce11:
The PDP would also find it difficult because APC have already put everything in place to rig this election but it WILL be, MUST be and SHALL be in vain.
Sai Atiku.
Sai Obi.
Sai better Nigeria!
Lol, thought it was Sai Buhari grin
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

I've been suspecting ever since I saw him eat Amala and ewedu at OBJ's house in Ota cheesy
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2018
SarkinYarki:
The only Buhari has of winning the elections is result alteration and rigging
But Buhari has said he would give us a free and fair election.. why don't you believe him?

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by SarkinYarki: 10:17am On Nov 05, 2018
nimisola:

But Buhari has said he would give us a free and fair election.. why don't you believe him?

Buhari is a very dishonest man and can never be trusted

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by CilicMarin: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
When I read talks like the below from people like Sam Egwu or Dave Umahi, I get certain every day that PDP and Atiku failure will start from the SE cheesy

How can these power brokers in PDP from the power base of the PDP be eulogizing their main opponent like this? cheesy

Can Atiku count on Egwu, Ekweremadu, Umahi and co to fight this battle for him? Or will they betray him finally?

Is it still because of Peter Obi? At least Obiano has told them where he stands on that so no arguments about that one cheesy

But when I said, APC would match or out fought PDP in the South East and South South, some people foolishly shouted me down.

Politics is local. And in SS/SE, we don't vote, we do vote allocation and writing of results..

All the Governors of the PDP in the South East and South South are relying on and begging Buhari to help them retain their seats in 2019. None of them is campaigning for Atiku presently even Wike.

In Ebonyi State, they are more posters of Buhari than that of the Governor. No Single politician from PDP Is campaigning against Buhari.

Ugwuanyi is just APC in the night and PDP in the day. He is only interested in his reelection.

Imo State, APC ticket is a sure of winning the actual election.

Anambra: Ekwunife, Obiano, Uba, Umeh and Andy will all work for Buhari in the allocation of votes.

In Abia, Ikpeazu is a facing a tough challenge owing to his abysmal performance. He wouldn't want to compound his woes by working against Buhari.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by Fierce11: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2018
nimisola:
Lol, thought it was Sai Buhari grin
Never! Sai Atikuobi agenda!!
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 10:26am On Nov 05, 2018
CilicMarin:

But when I said, APC would match or out fought PDP in the South East and South South, some people foolishly shouted me down.

Politics is local. And in SS/SE, we don't vote, we do vote allocation and writing of results..

All the Governors of the PDP in the South East and South South are relying on and begging Buhari to help them retain their seats in 2019. None of them is campaigning for Atiku presently even Wike.

In Ebonyi State, they are more posters of Buhari than that of the Governor. No Single politician from PDP Is campaigning against Buhari.

Ugwuanyi is just APC in the night and PDP in the day. He is only interested in his reelection.

Anambra: Ekwunife, Obiano, Uba, Umeh and Andy will all work for Buhari in the allocation of votes.

In Abia, Ikpeazu is a facing a tough challenge owing to his abysmal performance. He wouldn't want to compound his woes by working against Buhari.

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by Calers: 10:48am On Nov 05, 2018
1000 Atiku can not defeat Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by beegodson: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2018
The PDP's are already fretting, they have realized that Nigerians have certainly lost trust in the PDP, Atiku will not only find it difficult to defeat PMB; Atiku will be defeated by PMB.. he has wasted 16 years given to him who says he won't misuse another day given to him...
We have had it with these deceptive ways of PDP, promise and fail, Enough is Enough!
PMB for Assurance!
PMB 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Buhari is a very dishonest man and can never be trusted
why do you think Atiku can be trusted? Even his principal did not trust him when he was VP

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 11:19am On Nov 05, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

LOL, just maybe some of them don't want to play politics by lying... This truth is glaring and can't be lied about

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by shukuokukobambi: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2018
nimisola:

LOL, just maybe some of them don't want to play politics by lying... This truth is glaring and can't be lied about

Na so smiley
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by shukuokukobambi: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2018
CilicMarin:

No be small thing o cheesy
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by kitaatita: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2018
Kingosytex:
GEJ was an incumbent and had all the attributes mentioned by egwu when buhari/ jibril defeated him.

we must send that jibril to south sudan!!

Selling point!!!!!!!. If Buhari's name is mentioned, what comes to mind, rightly or wrongly, is integrity and anti-corruption. When Atiku is mentioned, what jumps out is corruption. Atiku has not succeeded in weaning himself of the corruption toga. In 2015, APC succeeded in dressing GEJ's government (not the man himself) with same corruption robe, with GEJ as ineffectual. PDP has made its choice of Presidential candidate. Unfortunately for the party, its communication strategy has not changed. PDP is still attacking Buhari as a person instead of getting message of what it has to offer Nigerians that is better than what we are getting. The refrain from PDP are Buhari's certificate, nepotism, religious bigotry, violence, etc. Same message since 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by nimisola: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2018
cool cool cool cool cool
kitaatita:

Selling point!!!!!!!. If Buhari's name is mentioned, what comes to mind, rightly or wrongly, is integrity and anti-corruption. When Atiku is mentioned, what jumps out is corruption. Atiku has not succeeded in weaning himself of the corruption toga. In 2015, APC succeeded in dressing GEJ's government (not the man himself) with same corruption robe, with GEJ as ineffectual. PDP has made its choice of Presidential candidate. Unfortunately for the party, its communication strategy has not changed. PDP is still attacking Buhari as a person instead of getting message of what it has to offer Nigerians that is better than what we are getting. The refrain from PDP are Buhari's certificate, nepotism, religious bigotry, violence, etc. Same message since 2015.
Re: Why Atiku Will Find It Difficult To Defeat Buhari -PDP Chieftain by Lagzy12: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

After they say yorubas are saboteurs as if we were in agreement or a certain deal. These are the real betrayers. Imagine the crises in SE just because Atiku picked Peter Obi as VP

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokiri Finally Releases Tape 3 Audio Of Amaechi Insulting Buhari / #innosontakesovergtb Trends Online / Is MKO Abiola's Wealth Legitimate Or Blood Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.