Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU (21049 Views)

Lawrence Amaechi: We May Join ASUU Strike To End Youth Hopelessness’ / Meet The Dean, Faculty Of Social Sciences, Akwa Ibom State University / Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by martineverest(m): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
smh
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:
A tree does not make a forest and neither does one senile prof make a university.

Forming integrity for attention. If you look well he is one of many Buhari zombies from Edo.

Unfortunately you don't know Edeko, he is one of the loyal, truthful, trustworthy and unbending lecturer (Prof) in AAU. He's all for the good of AAU but the bad eggs are many.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by brojoshua: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
ASUU is, long time ago, one of the primary principalities and powers destroying Nigeria and the educational system in particular
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by remi1444: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2018
AprilSmallWoman:

Unfortunately you don't know Edeko, he is one of the loyal, truthful, trustworthy and unbending lecturer (Prof) in AAU. He's all for the good of AAU but the bad eggs are many.
your name sounds like I've interacted with you before. ...you're in which department?
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by adelacuna(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
It's high time ASUU realize that they are learned and also use their knowledge well most especially in negotiation and conflict management and not by going on strike all the time.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by eraankusam07(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
Prof. You Sound Good In Other Way, But Seems To be Wrong Also. In Your Forth Point, Suggesting That ASUU should count students out of their strike,also students should vote/referendom since the strike is in their( students) interest. Now, answer these questions:
-Who Appoint you A Judge Between ASUU and the Students?
-When Did You Become SUG PRESIDENT?
-Under whose authority are you speaking? Since You Are Condemning ASUU of same.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nasir123(m): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2018
nonye6194:
Nobody saw the strike coming

Even NLC shock

I dey tell u! grin
That one self show say their brain no day House. grin
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Gravy: 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
Everything the Prof mentioned that where done by the FG in his University were products of ASUU struggle. Without ASUU strikes there won't be Tetfund neither will there be NEEDS Assessment. These are the two intervention funds currently being used in trying to bridge the infrastructural gaps in our public Universities. The Prof should atleast have acknowledged what ASUU's struggles has done for the University system.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by maleekfrenzy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
may God bless this man wherever he is...this bullshit ASUU strike is just totally uncalled for.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by maasoap(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
asuustrike1:

But same professor will benefit from the dividend of the strike . The professors raised some valid points but the last strike embarked upon last year, didn't he benefitted from it? Talk is cheap. Don't let this professor deceive you because even when becomes ASUU chairman, he would do worst

A whole of Unilorin don't join ASUU strikes, yet they always benefit from the outcome of it.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
maasoap:

A whole of Unilorin don't join ASUU strikes, yet they always benefit from the outcome of it.
University of Ilorin ASUU chapter have been caged. Their chairman is under their vc's payroll. The rest members are not happy with him.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by hadeyoyeh: 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
if by chance u know who is Prof Sunny Edeko, u will know that he a man of high integrity. I am from that Faculty of law, in fact, a current 500 level of the faculty. Prof is not a person that anybody can just take his words for a joke or think his words are politically motivated. Ask any law student from that University how much he has changed things in the faculty of law there. In fact, we see ourselves lucky having him as the Dean during our time. And his truth saying habit every now and then has made him a person of less friends, even in the faculty. Therefore, if u want to say anything here, doubt not his integrity ND intelligency. I am a living witness of the kind of life he lives.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by darkelf: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
seunmsg:

You just called this brilliant professor senile? shocked

What's wrong with you young people of nowadays? Must everything be viewed from the prism of politics? He made a very passionate case for the students that ASUU rarely considers in their annual strike ritual and I think we should all applaud him.

DOn't mind the unlearned guy.

He that cannot understand simple English, Is he not the senile one?

He that cannot properly dissect issues, Is he not the Senile one?

He that cannot evaluate opinions objectively, Is he not the senile one?

He that brings politics into sensitive issues like Education, Is he not the senile one?

Our youths are part of the problems of Nigeria. Many of them though graduates, are uneducated and will resort to insults when they cannot fathom or comprehend a simple and thought provoking piece. SMH

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by janejive(f): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2018
Well spoken Sir, is there no other way to deliberate on issues than striking?
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by mbodea(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
Who this one epp...no join nah make dem use cutlass pursue u. no be if u see student u go teach me wey don jah till january. Lecturer go just dey talk like student. Infact get ready to be sacked
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Forester45(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
I am tempted to say that this Prof. is highly misinformed. First: let me say this without fear or favour that the projects listed by this Prof. was born out of ASUU past strikes, if not, he wouldn't have seen one to mention.

Secondly: as for schools fees, majority of Nigerian students who are relatively poor are in Federal and State Universities due to affordable fees. If fresh students in Osun State University pay N253,000, it was not on gunpoint. There are several better choice. In addition, ASUU Osun State chapter are the ones to address it.

Concerning the Education Bank, there are documents indicating that the said bank existed in the past but abruptly collapsed due to its unimplementable tendency. The bank went on strike but could not return.

How can a student access a loan of One Million Naira (1,000,000.00) in Education Bank when he/she can not pay back after graduation. No job waiting for graduated students. Please Prof., how will they pay back?

There is no other language understands by FG other than strike. We have irresponsible leaders.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Francopol(m): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
must be a sycophant!
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by bahaushe1: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
seunmsg:

God bless this professor. At least, nobody can accuse him of working for APC. The ASUU strike is totally uncalled for. They are just trying to use the current political atmosphere to blackmail the Federal government into submission. All men of good conscience like this professor must condemn ASUU for their selfishness and insensitivity.

Cc: lalasticlala, this should be on front page.

Prof is obviously out of touch with issues on FGN/ASUU agreements. The use of 'poor funding of Nigerian Universities' is just a cover.

The current strike has nothing to do with politics. In fact ASUU is even soft on this administration.

The main issue is failure of FGN to respects the items of 2017 FGN/ASUU memorandum of action (MoA). For over a year after signing that agreement FGN failed to fullfill even a single item. When ASUU reminded them of the one of the items of that agreement, release of 20 billion naira to Nigerian Universities for infrastructural development that was to be done in October and November 2017, they became thoroughly embarrassed and rushed to approve the release of the said amount in September 2018 (one year after) and used same as propaganda tool against ASUU.

The issues.........

ASUU went on strike in 2017 as a result of failure of FGN to honour 2013 FGN/ASUU agreement. After about a month negotiation, the parties reached agreement and signed a memorandum of action (a set of promises by FGN to ASUU). ASUU suspended its strike based on these promises (this against ASUU's tradition of making sure that promises are met with action before suspending strike out of respect for minister of education and PMB).

1) Universities revitalization funds

FGN had committed itself to be releasing certain amount of moner to Nigerian Universities annually in the 2009 FGN/ASUU agreement. However, FGN failed to release a penny between 2009 to 2013, this led to 2013 ASUU strike at the end of which FGN released 220 billion naira and nothing again upto 2017 and to date. The arrears of this fund accumulated to about 500 billion in 2017 which FGN said it has no means of paying.

It was resolved that FGN will release 20 billion (in two instalments in October and November 2017) as a sign of commitment and set up a five man committee to find ways of upsetting the arrears. It took FGN over a year to release the 20 billion naira and no committee yet.

2) Earned academic allowance (EAA)

This is an allowance that is to be earned for taking extra work load. It is a product of 2009 FGN/ASUU agreement and is to be computed and paid at the end of each academic session. 30 billion naira was paid in 2013 for 2009/2010, 2010/2011, and 2011/2012 academic sessions which was not enough. FGN said no further money will be paid until forensic audit is conducted on the 30 billion paid in 2013.

It was resolved that 23 billion being arrears of 2009/2010, 2010/2011, and 2011/2012 academic sessions be paid pending the outcome of the audit which should last six months. FGN paid 19 billion naira about two months after suspending the strike. Findings of the audit is yet to be made public. No earned academic allowance for part of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and now 2018 has been paid.

3) Universities pension fund administrator

Long story but minister of education promised to get it registered in one month - yet to be registered.

4) Renegotiation of 2009 FGN/ASUU agreement

A committee was constituted but the Chairman is overbearing. He insisted on increasing fees to fund Universities and ASUU pulled out of the demanding his removal - no response from FGN.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by lereinter(m): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
Seventh, where negotiations fail, use propaganda to ruin the government. A strong propaganda machine can make even a strong government to collapse. Use your brains in a superior way. You will be surprised more and better things will be achieved by that. Prove to the nation the brains you have.

apc major tool of 2015

if ASUU should employ it now, Na dss and soldier go finish them
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by bahaushe1: 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2018
adedayoa2:
so you no read all the things him write to justify him reasons, choi!!!

He doesn't know the issues. What he addressed are not the main issues.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by bahaushe1: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
lereinter:
Seventh, where negotiations fail, use propaganda to ruin the government. A strong propaganda machine can make even a strong government to collapse. Use your brains in a superior way. You will be surprised more and better things will be achieved by that. Prove to the nation the brains you have.

apc major tool of 2015

if ASUU should employ it now, Na dss and soldier go finish them
Does ASUU has the funds for sustained media campaigns?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi / Profile Of Prof. Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, LASU Vice Chancellor (VC) / Pictures Every Year One Student Can Relate To In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.