Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU (21045 Views)

Lawrence Amaechi: We May Join ASUU Strike To End Youth Hopelessness’ / Meet The Dean, Faculty Of Social Sciences, Akwa Ibom State University / Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by aku626(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
Well he made salient points. They're nit even going on strike for the outdated curriculum they're still using, that leaves more than 80% of graduates unemployable. smh
Computer science student still learning fortran, not even vbasic

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
Valid points raised though especially the issue of not striking for students of states owned institution whenever their tuition is hiked. I also agree with him that students are meant to be carried along in such decision. The strike is not justified but FG should learn how to resolve certain issues.

Irrespective, Nigeria deserve a new government in 2019
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Mace0lane: 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:
A tree does not make a forest and neither does one senile prof make a university.

Forming integrity for attention. If you look well he is one of many Buhari zombies from Edo.

Every right thinking Nigerian do not have to act like the hopeless Igbos whose lives are fraught with endemic hate. If one man stands for justice n fairness that is enough. We know you lack such morals or integrity. The only thing you have is hate but at least let us pray you all do not perish from the same hate you ride it’s tail hopelessly.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Angelparadise: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
The simply question is " Did government fulfill her agreements that was sign during 2017 meetings ? This is what happen when a failure incompetent government decide to leave by lies and propaganda.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Mace0lane: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Valid points raised though especially the issue of not striking for students of states owned institution whenever their tuition is hiked. I also agree with him that students are meant to be carried along in such decision. The strike is not justified but FG should learn how to resolve certain issues.

Irrespective, Nigeria deserve a new government in 2019
Will you keep your dirty mouth shut. Are you done looking for Buhari authentic certificate ?

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by PHIPEX(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
As much as I dislike this govt, ASUU is confused and seem to fight for their pockets alone. They've been going on strike since I was born, what has strike achieved.

Will employer of labour discount the years students waste to ASUU strikes when they place age limitations to job applications? On the average a student in our school:
Wasted 1- 2 years looking for admission
Wastes 6 - 12 months to ASUU strike
Waste 4 - 6 months waiting for NYSC call up letter.

Yet after it all employers will demand for 2yrs work experience at age 24. The Nigeria students are the biggest loser of all these.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by bluefilm: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
God bless this man.

It is so hard for some people to come face to face with the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by san316(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
Sad that these ASUU claim to be doing this for students whereas the students are not in support of it. All the students want is to graduate on time and proceed with their lives.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
EmagNig:
The Dean, Faculty of Law of the the Ambrose Alli University in Edo state, Prof. Suny Edeko, has distanced himself from the strike action declared by the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU on November 4th.

In a post shared on his Facebook page this morning, Professor Edoko says strike is an outdated means of negotiation by the professors of negotiations. He faulted claims by ASUU leaders that the universities are underfunded.

In his opinion, all sectors in Nigeria are underfunded but the most important question is what had been done with the past funds allocated to Universities.

Read his piece below:

https://lailasnews.com/i-will-not-join-ASUU-strike-prof-suny-edeko-dean-faculty-of-law-aau/

oga don loose hope kpatakpata...Na diz kind men dey make people laugh for class..
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
backnbeta:
He can decide not to be part of ASUU, but when the strike yields fruit, I hope he rejects the proceeds.
Unfortunately he will benefit from it. University of Ilorin are not part of ASUU national but they benefit from the strike embarked by ASUU national
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by SadiqBabaSani: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
i see a zombie foaming from the mouth , definitely he is against the strike by ASUU and will definitly be agasint that of nlc as well, all they see is that any strike at the moment is against Buhari and Apc. zombies are despicable
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
PHIPEX:
As much as I dislike this govt, ASUU is confused and seem to fight for their pockets alone. They've been going on strike since I was born, what has strike achieved.

Since way before I was born
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
Mace0lane:
Will you keep your dirty mouth shut. Are you done looking for Buhari authentic certificate ?
[/s]
Learn to address things in a civil manner!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
i see a zombie foaming from the mouth , definitely he is against the strike by ASUU and will definitly be agasint that of nlc as well, all they see is that any strike at the moment is against Buhari and Apc. zombies are despicable
It will be foolish for the prof to go against NLC. The points raised by him are valid but unfortunately there is nothing he can do. ASUU is using funding as an excuse but deep down it is some allowances that hasn't be paid.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nasir123(m): 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
EmagNig:
The Dean, Faculty of Law of the the Ambrose Alli University in Edo state, Prof. Suny Edeko, has distanced himself from the strike action declared by the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU on November 4th.

In a post shared on his Facebook page this morning, Professor Edoko says strike is an outdated means of negotiation by the professors of negotiations. He faulted claims by ASUU leaders that the universities are underfunded.

In his opinion, all sectors in Nigeria are underfunded but the most important question is what had been done with the past funds allocated to Universities.

Read his piece below:

https://lailasnews.com/i-will-not-join-ASUU-strike-prof-suny-edeko-dean-faculty-of-law-aau/

I have to quote this.
A very braliant one from the Professor.

ASUU will never use their Brain because they're all CURRUPT officials.
Confused set of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I would have taken u serious,if not you applauded this same ASUU when they went on strike under the past government
Are you for real?. Is Seun that biased ?
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Mace0lane: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
Learn to address things in a civil manner!
I do not address hopeless people in civil mannaer especially retards that believe they have a right to insult people old enough to be their father but do not like to be insulted. So you alone has the monopoly to insult ba ? Of what significance is your entire existence for you to demand to be addressed in a civil manner. Head de pain i aswear !
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
Mace0lane:

I do not address hopeless people in civil mannaer especially retards that believe they have a right to insult people old enough to be their father but do not like to be insulted. So you alone has the monopoly to insult ba ? Of what significance is your entire existence for you to demand to be addressed in a civil manner. Head de pain i aswear !
[/s]
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by engrelvis(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
seunmsg:

God bless this professor. At least, nobody can accuse him of working for APC. The ASUU strike is totally uncalled for. They are just trying to use the current political atmosphere to blackmail the Federal government into submission. All men of good conscience like this professor must condemn ASUU for their selfishness and insensitivity.

Cc: lalasticlala,

God bless dis prof abundantly.d same thing apply to dat idiotic labor strike starting tommoro.is d commoners dat will mostly suffer it.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by phenylalanine(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2018
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b][b][/b]l
TheDevilIsALai:
A tree does not make a forest and neither does one senile prof make a university.

Forming integrity for attention. If you look well he is one of many Buhari zombies from Edo.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by JuanDeDios: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
seunmsg:

God bless this professor. At least, nobody can accuse him of working for APC. The ASUU strike is totally uncalled for. They are just trying to use the current political atmosphere to blackmail the Federal government into submission. All men of good conscience like this professor must condemn ASUU for their selfishness and insensitivity.

Cc: lalasticlala, this should be on front page.

Well, you don't know he isn't. Just saying.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Agugbadin: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
Brilliant Professor, this is the kind of academics we need in our citadel of learning
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
you will lecture yourself.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Tolux143(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
TheDevilIsALai:

Another example of those dat just read the title of a post and comment.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Tejiriseth(m): 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Its not the first time its happening.!
TheDevilIsALai:

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by gayman99: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
Abeg make Stone enter im papa house for Illeh.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by afroxyz: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
seunmsg:

You just called this brilliant professor senile? shocked

What's wrong with you young people of nowadays? Must everything be viewed from the prism of politics? He made a very passionate case for the students that ASUU rarely considers in their annual strike ritual and I think we should all applaud him.

I'm very sure he did not read the write up
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Iykenuwa(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
sekembaakesan:
Na dem, always against anything good...

Igbo amaka

Neither the tag "Igbo" nor the photo of your sibling have anything to do with the post.

The man is from Edo as his name suggests.
Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by Rindo69: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2018
Better meat dey talk, Kpomo say e get idea!

AAU this strike is for universities not secondary schools

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU by muskypaulson(m): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
Please is always good u know somebody before tlking...i know this man very well, he tot me way back..the man is not in anyway related to oshiomole and he is not also a politician.

This man is one of the beat lecturers in that school, he writes books and gives them to students for free

quote author=Pekele007 post=72704651]

The man is related to Oshiomole. So it's expected of him to speak from both sides of the mouth.

Those mentioned projects were done with student's school fees which were increased by over 250%. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22-Year Old Earns First Class, Wins Six Prizes In Law School / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.