Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,733 members, 7,862,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

5 Ways To Hold Yourself Accountable To Your Budget - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Ways To Hold Yourself Accountable To Your Budget (197 Views)

Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money / ABU ZARIA’S 40th Convocation To Hold 24th And 25th November / JAMB To Hold 2017 Admission Sensitisation Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Hold Yourself Accountable To Your Budget by VirtueDigest: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
One of the best tools you can employ to properly manage your finances is a budget.

Having a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual budget will go a long way in guaranteeing your financial and overall success. A budget in simple terms is your roadmap or a pointer to how you can get to your desired goal in a timely manner.

Contrary to popular belief a budget doesn’t limit the amount of money you can spend, instead, it gives you direction based on what you tell it to do.

Despite these obvious benefits of keeping a budget, even the most disciplined financial strategist would admit that even with a well documented and precise budget, it can still be a hurdle to stick to. To this end, we found five ways to help you hold yourself accountable and stick to that budget. They are:

1. CREATE AFFIRMATIONS
Affirmations are a great way to achieve any goal. They keep in your mind’s eye what is most important and transport those ideas to your subconscious. Put them in your smartphone as an alarm in the morning so that as you begin your day, you are reminded as to what your goals are. For example, if you have a financial goal of saving $5,000 this year to invest, your affirmation could be, “I am so happy that I have saved $5,000, I will use and spend this money wisely to grow my net worth.”

2. LIMIT YOUR ACCESS
Many people falter on their budgets because the access they have to their money is too easy. Separate your bill account, savings account, and spending account. Automate all of your bills to your bill account, automate your savings into your savings account, and what is left over goes into your spending account. Managing your money in this way removes the temptation that you undoubtedly will have to use the money for other purposes...Read More at https://www.virtuedigest.com/5-ways-to-hold-yourself-accountable-to-your-budget/?fbclid=IwAR1Y738KomiHaMl3a1CorhTkM9wV9NLH38i5oj5d-otDce73ZfvEKWczm7E
Re: 5 Ways To Hold Yourself Accountable To Your Budget by forreelinc(m): 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2018
Zzzzzz you are so boring that's why you are poor

(1) (Reply)

Grab Your Teeth Whitener At An Affordable Rate / NANS Accuses Ortom Of Polarising Union / Attend Study Uk Exhibition In Nigeria : Get Expert Tips On Commonwealth Scholars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.