Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage (81598 Views)

States Offer Tax Reliefs To Get World Bank’s Largesse / The United States Offer $15 Million Bounty On Venezuela’s President Maduro / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim (2) (3) (4)

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by scholar44(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pls they should go on strike for 5weeks.I want to rest and relax,am just tired of this country.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by don4real18(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
Edoloaded:
That is the main reason why I keep on saying that nigeria needs to be restructured because some state are more economically stronger than others and as such you cannot expect both of them to move in the same speed.

Restructuring will give each state the chance to move even faster economically than how it is right now just take lagos state as an example.

Let the state decide how they can manage their workforce let them decide what they can pay because not all of them r strong economically like the rest and the federal government cant seem to understand this simple principle...
If that happens, what will happen to states like Ekiti?
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by mudiana(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
If plateau can pay 50k, then d rest can pay it. But thief thief won't allow em see house. Stupid governors, em wan own private jets. Em lucky say military pple no get their time. Bloody fools.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by ImperialYoruba: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nigerians and lofty but unrealistic ambitions.

States that cant afford to pay workers at current minimum wage and are borrowing to subsidize wages are offering to pay above and beyond what is offered from federal.

Do these states have substantial IGR to fund their lofty offers or is this just another case of "me too, look at me"?

I think the workers in these states should ask their governments to outline how they will meet the increased wages when the current lower levels is a burden they are having diffuclty resolving.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by legibow: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2018
Dannyset:
Whether this thing has political undertone, I don't want to know. Government should look for how to do it and pay the money. The workers have suffered too much in this country. They are the ones who make the money yet it's the stupid politicians that eat the most of it.

If 30k is what they are requesting for, please agree and stop the nonsense impending strike.
tell them
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by ofeco: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
is not promising millions, is about sustainability and regular payment.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by bluecircle470: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
This is a trap, i don’t believe this things. Abia state that is owing months of salaries agrees to pay 42,000! Oh hell NO! The state government are playing politics it
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Erastuslove: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2018
The monies spent by these Governor s to bribe delegate is more than enough to pay N30,000 minimum wage....... Una fit bleep olosho with 200k per night and refuse to pay workers una dey lie
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Alexpetra: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Where is plateau getting money from to pay N57k??
they export cold!
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by pointstores(m): 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2018
Realname:
[s][/s]

Shut up

Nobody asked you
somebody is saying something meaningfull and you are saying shutup you will be worst more than abacha if you are chanced to be a leader
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by somehow: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
What I need to know is "What exactly are the civil servants doing as government workers"?

In what capacity have they produced anything?
TonyeBarcanista:
We should be realistic in this country. You will see States that aren't productive and unable to execute any project playing to the minimum wage increment narrative because of politics.

Nigeria states are unhighly unproductive, all they do is go to Abuja at the end of every month to collect their own share of petrodollars to pay to civil servants and wait for the next month. They don't execute any project nor develop key sectors.

While I support this increment, I believe it may have little or no effect on Workers' welfare as long as we remain on the path of unproductivity.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Billionaire09: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
Okoroawusa:

what is this one saying?

How can you comprehends when you blocked your thalamus with your hatred against IPOB

Repent, Biafra restoration is near.

IPOB is not just in setting Biafrans free, IPOB is the universe representative of INDIGENOUS PEOPLE FREEDOM including the very yours. Like it or hate it. BIAFRA IS HERE

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by emmasege: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
By now it should be clear to any discerning mind that FG is the reason why minimum wage is not yet implemented. Buhari-led government sees no sense in raising the minimum wage but will find a way to blame the state governments for such. Somebody should please relay this 'ABC' of mimimum wage increase to that yam head, as it was done in the past.

A. Federal Government announces a new mimimum wage
B. FG and state government allocations are increased through the FAAC.
C. A bill is sent to the National Assembly.

Hope I have helped that brain-dead fossil in Aso Rock?

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Bizibi(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
We should be realistic in this country. You will see States that aren't productive and unable to execute any project playing to the minimum wage increment narrative because of politics.

Nigeria states are unhighly unproductive, all they do is go to Abuja at the end of every month to collect their own share of petrodollars to pay to civil servants and wait for the next month. They don't execute any project nor develop key sectors.

While I support this increment, I believe it may have little or no effect on Workers' welfare as long as we remain on the path of unproductivity.

God bless Nigeria
the fg is saying no money,we want to sell national assets,workers want new minimum wage,government officials and senators won't agree to reduce their wages,the country's economy is in coma.

Nigeria matter fit make person go crazy.

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by backnbeta(f): 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
MrImole:
There should also be a considerable maximum wage for these retards we call leaders.
Gbam! Place them on regulated wage and watch them run away from politics.

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by somehow: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Death penalty for corrupt public workers mean booming industry for coffin makers because most civil/public workers are corrupt. (80%).

Our population will drop by 30% in 4 years lol
post=72709722:
HOW THE COUNTRY CAN PAY MINIMUM WAGE COMFORTABLY..........

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigerian economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by somehow: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
Yes if they reduce workforce by 50% and only exist to pay salaries. Talking about unproductive states
frenzyduchess:
Every state in Nigeria can pay this money, don't be deceived . They are only crying because there will not be enough left for them to loot and to fund the lavish lifestyle of the family members
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by mustafa006: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2018
Expect market traders to increase foodstuff prizes once minimum wage increases
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by somehow: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2018
Kano said #30600, where you see #47,000?
micflo28:
lol bro it depends on the total no. Of workers under the state civil service payroll. I guess they have the fewest. Kano and lagos has the most yet kano is willing to pay 47k. That is wonderful of kano though the governor must answer for his bribery case
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by BRASH: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
It's been a while a read a sensible post from a zombie. Kudos mai suya
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless Nigeria

Am agreeing with Tony for the first time in my life grin
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by gr8tone: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=DonFreshmoney post=72709675]Where is plateau getting money from to pay N57k?? [/quote[b]a tire o. Nit bad though[/b]]
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
somehow:
Yes if they reduce workforce by 50% and only exist to pay salaries. Talking about unproductive states

Forget that shyt oga, they can pay the 30k, hardly two days go by without those state Governors dashing thier thugs 20-50k & those guys number in hundreds
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
post=72709722:

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

which post are you contesting for, you got my vote plus my whole ward

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by engrjacuzzi: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
*MINIMUM WAGE PALAVER!*
(Think of 30k for 12 months, 35years in service of a civil servant still less what a Senator earn in a year. Hmmm...)

_*Breakdown*_
"If 30,000 is approved.
30,000 X 12 = 360,000 in a year
If a worker works for the maximum 35 years
360,000 X 35 = 12, 600,000
Which means what the minimum wage earner will receive in his LIFETIME of work is less than what a senator receives in a MONTH, apart from his salary"........
Hummm. This is the area I expected Nigerians *(NLC)* take to their various social media platforms and condemn the injustice and salary disparity instead of ranting silly on irrelevant strike to worsen poverty level in Nigeria.
��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂

*#GBN* �� �� ��
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
post=72709722:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
You get sense o. Very educational

Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Yong4ever: 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Lagos State remains the most dubious state I've ever known,Lagos paid only 12k as minimum wage as against 18k from time, as rich as Lagos is in terms of revenue generation yet the state has always been cheating its workers coupled with heavy tax, useless governors and so called Tinubu.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by bettercreature(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
frenzyduchess:
Every state in Nigeria can pay this money, don't be deceived . They are only crying because there will not be enough left for them to loot and to fund the lavish lifestyle of the family members
Its impossible only south-south states has enough to pay it.All these states are just coming up with figures because of re-election
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by MNDY(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
kennygee:
Kogi state's Yahaya Bello won't say anything. He is busy buying his thugs Hilux and his babes SUVs.

One of his drivers I know just built a standard 3 bedroom flat.

The Goblin hasn't paid salaries since October last year, even tho he gets allocations and has gotten the Paris fund other states got.

Why won't he be silent?

What an ozuo.

Pesin wey don swallow devil...
nai you dey expect to mean well
for the workers and state?

The guy wickedness na legendary walai Torturing my people to suicidal extent.
But God is above watching us all
and He will reward everybody
according to our deeds.
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by ImperialYoruba: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
emmasege:
By now it should be clear to any discerning mind that FG is the reason why minimum wage is not yet implemented. Buhari-led government sees no sense in raising the minimum wage but will find a way to blame the state governments for such. Somebody should please relay this 'ABC' of mimimum wage increase to that yam head, as it was done in the past.

A. Federal Government announces a new mimimum wage
B. FG and state government allocations are increased through the FAAC.
C. A bill is sent to the National Assembly.

Hope I have helped that brain-dead fossil in Aso Rock?

You have helped to highlight the brand of failure you Atikulants are proposing for the country.

Your response shows you lack intellect in how govt should work .

First - the FG minimu wage is a minimum threshold. Meaning that no State in the federation can pay lower than that nominal amount, whether in private or public sector. There is no problem if they pay more than that minimum.

Second - not all States are at same standard of living. A worker earning 100,000 and living comfortably in Markudi will need wage adjustment if he were to relocate on a transfer to Lagos.

Third - wage factors into retirement savings and earnings.

Fourth - we operate a capitalist market in Nigeria. Factors of demand and supply should determine wage bands, and government intervention should be very minimal beyond its role as regulator of market.

Now, read what i just wrote and reflect on what you posted before.

Do you still think Buhari is to blame?
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Carlyscales: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
Edoloaded:
That is the main reason why I keep on saying that nigeria needs to be restructured because some state are more economically stronger than others and as such you cannot expect both of them to move in the same speed.

Restructuring will give each state the chance to move even faster economically than how it is right now just take lagos state as an example.

Let the state decide how they can manage their workforce let them decide what they can pay because not all of them r strong economically like the rest and the federal government cant seem to understand this simple principle...
Spot on!

But my guy these northern political leaders will accept.

While south Western counterparts like Tinubu, Osibanjo, Fashola etc will be looking so confused n clueless as regards to Fiscal restructuring
Re: Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage by Queenmark: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
I am against this strike. Nlc has not gone on strike for states owing salary it is going on strike for increments when the country cannot pay 18k

Kwankwaso Visits Atiku In Abuja After Election Defeat, Peter Obi Present. Photos / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu’s Home, Block Entrance To His Residence / Dino Melaye Disrupts Collation Of Presidential Election Results

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66