Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries (58939 Views)

Benin Hospital Withholds Corpse Of 12-Year-Old Over ₦400,000 Hospital Bill / Doctor Linda Ayade Performs Surgeries On Sick Patients. Photos / Doctor Collapses And Dies While On Duty In Benin Hospital. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by Segeshow: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
I sympathize with the deceased man's family. The general disregard and callousness exhibited by the average commentator on this site makes me stand firm in my decision not to ever go over and beyond for any patient that is not a relation. See people comparing his work to Okada man that rides bike from 5am to 11pm or engineer that treks under sun. Surgery, you can't take breaks in the middle because longer time operating results in poor outcomes. I advise any surgeon to do the best you can in given circumstances and never try to be a hero and overstretch yourself on account of these ingrates. Once me don tire, na sei gobe be that.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by excel101(m): 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
Is it a standard practice in the medical profession, that a surgical doctor could do this within 24hrs?
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by mctfopt: 12:09am On Nov 06, 2018
GogetterMD:

He takes time off while working, there's a long list of emergency patients waiting, one of the patients dies, relatives of the deceased sues, media trial and tongue lashing of the doctor, he's suspended from the MDCN, loses his job and can't get another job. Talk about eating your cake and having it cry

Well, only the living get to be out of work. The situation is crazy. But I always know when to bow out. Let all hell break lose. It's a sad situation.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by yusfate4(m): 12:40am On Nov 06, 2018
Rip
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by fortunechy(m): 12:45am On Nov 06, 2018
This ur caption though
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by yemiosinbajo: 1:02am On Nov 06, 2018
NaMe4:

Calm down. It's a known fact that the doctor-patient ratio in our region is the worst in the world.

In organised climes, the welfare of those providing care to individuals, families, etc is of utmost importance.
Healthcare workers are allowed intermittent breaks and leaves during which they take vacations in different parts of the world. A few use such periods for voluntary work.
How many doctors in Nigeria can afford a vacation even in neighbouring African Countries?

Such packages help in the overall physical, mental and social health of the individual.

I know a number of workers from developing Countries may forfeit such breaks and work extra hours or calls in order to earn more income. They can easily do this because such work is child's play compared to what they go through in their home Countries.

A government health institution would require 200 doctors, but you'll find only 50 doctors being employed and overworked.
You can't find such in any sane society!
A lot of doctors, especially residents, work 80 or more hours per day in the US. Some even work when they are sick. The fact that you chose to ignore your health and still operate a private hospital while working in a govt hospital is your choice. Someone just died here, not even an autopsy has been done, yet you have jumped to conclusion on the cause of death because it favors you (I'm not talking about you personally here; I'm talking about the doctors who share your sentiment). If this happened to another civil servant, would you guys be quick to jump to this conclusion? Aren't health workers in Nigeria allowed intermittent breaks and leaves? With 200K a month, can't you take vacations in a nice place in Nigeria? Must it be abroad? What am I even saying- don't Nigerian doctors take vacations abroad? Anyway, I understand; anything to justify a higher paycheck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by Baroba(m): 1:07am On Nov 06, 2018
thorpido:
There's more to his death than just performing four surgeries.
Perhaps he had a heart condition.

Gbam, surgeons are known to go on a 24 to 32 hours complex surgeries.. He probably had an underlying health condition that nobody was aware off..May his souls RIP, We can't afford to be loosing Surgical Regs this time everyone the take of for greener pastures..
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by yemiosinbajo: 1:07am On Nov 06, 2018
Segeshow:
I sympathize with the deceased man's family. The general disregard and callousness exhibited by the average commentator on this site makes me stand firm in my decision not to ever go over and beyond for any patient that is not a relation. See people comparing his work to Okada man that rides bike from 5am to 11pm or engineer that treks under sun. Surgery, you can't take breaks in the middle because longer time operating results in poor outcomes. I advise any surgeon to do the best you can in given circumstances and never try to be a hero and overstretch yourself on account of these ingrates. Once me don tire, na sei gobe be that.

Who you epp before? undecided
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by yemiosinbajo: 1:08am On Nov 06, 2018
NairaMaster1:

So, you think four surgery ain't stressful? Follow me to the theatre, the sight of cuts, organs and blood are enough for you to collapse.

Wow! Nice definition of stress!
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by yemiosinbajo: 1:10am On Nov 06, 2018
travelland:
1 doctor out of more than 100,000, dies on duty and without post mortem being carried out to explain the cause of death, Nigerian union of doctors want to use this as a reason for increase in wages? Carry go, after all our presido is not learned so you can easily deceive and have your way, RIP
Don't mind them. Who are they fooling?
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by rock003: 2:21am On Nov 06, 2018
thorpido:
There's more to his death than just performing four surgeries.
Perhaps he had a heart condition.

It may be due to dysfunctional intrinsic autoregulation in blood circulation after fall in perfussion pressure due to standing for too long.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by rock003: 2:23am On Nov 06, 2018
post=72710348:
That is too much workload.....

Too sad.

RIP Doctor!

Do you know that buhari allocated billions for aso rock clinic but the clinic has no paracetamol? If this is OK by you, then you have very serious problem.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by rock003: 2:27am On Nov 06, 2018
NairaMaster1:

So, you think four surgery ain't stressful? Follow me to the theatre, the sight of cuts, organs and blood are enough for you to collapse.

Bro, this guy is a SENIOR REGISTRER, not an S1, S2, S3 Student; not an HO; not a Junior Reg.

So, your point of argument is wanting
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by babeosisi: 3:42am On Nov 06, 2018
There was a time I developed severe migraines due to a very stressful job.The pain was excruciating and I couldn't bear it.I quit the job before I even secured another one
Life has no duplicate
Rest in peace doc
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by shugabasbn: 3:45am On Nov 06, 2018
Stress kills, August 23rd 2018, a day I can never forget in my life. Am the only one on duty, no anaesthesia, peri-op just me and attendance and a midwife. All have traveled for Salah.
Had 3 ruptured uterus from referred centres, 1 severe placenta previa and 2 acute abdomen within 24hrs. Thanks God that all survived aside one of the ruptured uterus woman that didn't make it 2 days post op.
Since then, have not totally recovered with accumulated stress. Now on sick bed recuperating. Thank God for everything
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by CalciumB3: 4:09am On Nov 06, 2018
SingleWahala:
..... You see WHY your church disowned you ! You entire village people banished you and the Holy spirit Rejected you !!! sad sad
I won't even reply you because your name indicates who you are...... Problem
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by Exponental(m): 7:00am On Nov 06, 2018
Ayoemrys:
na over work kill am
respect the hero..... strike was looming and he was giving his best/life to save humanity.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by NairaMaster1(m): 7:31am On Nov 06, 2018
rock003:

Bro, this guy is a SENIOR REGISTRER, not an S1, S2, S3 Student; not an HO; not a Junior Reg.

So, your point of argument is wanting

A senior reg should be overworked?

I am not surprised, you are a Nigerian.

It shouldn't be so. Doctors in Nigeria are overworked bro.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by rock003: 8:04am On Nov 06, 2018
NairaMaster1:

A senior reg should be overworked?

I am not surprised, you are a Nigerian.

It shouldn't be so. Doctors in Nigeria are overworked bro.

What I quoted wasn't talking about overwork; it was talking about the sight of blood, cut etc during surgery and a senior Reg should be used to such sights already.
Re: Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries by lebete3000: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2018
tstx:
Stress killed him... Yes.. Stress can kill... See below
Work-Related Stress Can Kill You, Study Finds

Nigeria is heading to a pit and our leaders don't even care...

Doctors are leaving the country. Engineers are leaving the country... Almost all professionals want to leave the country... Why? The environment is not enabling...
Nigeria is the killer of dreams.

Can't wait to get to the "theatre of dreams"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Spotted In Abuja With His Intestines Out Of His Stomach,Photos Go Viral(pics / I Am AS And I Am Getting Married To AS / Foods That Can Whiten Your Teeth Naturally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.