Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,591 members, 7,770,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:35 AM

NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals (26607 Views)

Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) / Long Queues As Residents Rush For New Naira Notes In Kano (pics) / UBA Announces Availability Of New Naira Notes At Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Olawaleyy036(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
Long queues have been recorded at many banks in Asaba as several customers make rush to make panic withdrawals ahead of the NLC strike.

It has been reported that many residents of Asaba and environs have besieged the various ATM galleries in the Delta state capital to make withdrawals ahead of Tuesday’s strike called by the organised Labour.

According to source, there was unusually long queues of customers at virtually all the galleries featuring Automated Teller Machines of commercial banks, especially within Asaba metropolis.

Some of the ATMs malfunctioned, though, with some of them relating messages such as “Temporarily unable to dispense cash;” “Service temporarily not available;” “Unable to complete DQO,”etc.

One of the customers simply identified as Okechukwu said he was shocked to see such an unusual crowd, despite the fact that neither the state nor the local councils had paid the November salaries.

Another customer, Mr. Monday Jindu, told The PUNCH that attention was shifted to the ATMs because of the failure of some of the banks to attend to customers.

“I entered a bank, the queue was long. I tied to use the PoS inside the bank, it was not working. I came back to the ATM, but it didn’t dispense cash.

“The problem is that tomorrow (Tuesday) is strike, and I fear that then, there might not be money in the ATMs.

“I have gone to three banks this morning to withdraw money, But I couldn’t, as only one ATM was working out of up to four or five in many banks,” Jindu alleged.

An old woman who did not want her name in print said she had to join a long queue despite her health challenges because there were rumours that banks might fully join the strike.

She said this might not be unconnected with the threats by Labour leaders in the state to start picketing offices as from Tuesday.

“I am here to withdraw the little balance I have in my two accounts before the money in the ATM’s get exhausted.

“I have spent all my cash on my children who returned to school on Sunday,” she said

NLC Delta State Secretary, Mr. Innocent Ofuoyeadi, told our correspondent that the state was prepared to carry out the instruction from national body.
http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/nlc-strike-long-queues-at-atms-as.html

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by falcon01: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
grin grin I withdrew a lot of cash the day before yesterday if they like make dem go strike for 1 year

11 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Upsidedown9ja(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
Please this strike should hold or they should make the minimum wage 50,000 wetin self. Must we be working for the government while they are busy looting us dry. God punish APC

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Buharisef(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari Sef
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by falcon01: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
Upsidedown9ja:
Please this strike should hold or they should make the minimum wage 50,000 wetin self. Must we be working for the government while they are busy looting us dry. God punish APC
that's why been an enterpreneur is the best thing that will ever happen to a human.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Fierce11: 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
I'm not bored.
Afterall, I'd cash out from tomorrow's champions league match. 372odds with NGN2000 issa goal!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Lordgel7: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
cry
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by CheapDataGuy: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
falcon01:
grin grin I withdrew a lot of cash the day before yesterday if they like make dem go strike for 1 year

I say ba, where u say be location of that your house sef bro??

5 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by dalass(f): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Abeokuta too. And the entire country
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Victorperez(m): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
embarassed
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by jericco1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nigeria always panic. after they will complain that life is hard. see queue abeg

3 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Some of dem go lineup 4 more than one hour and ATM go come swallow their debit card.

3 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Jonadull: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Upsidedown9ja:
You sound foolish with that last part .
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by bentlywills(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ndi ara

So after today atm no go pay again

What happened to transfers n pos

Weak mentality

2 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by teewhydope(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Fierce11:
I'm not bored.
Afterall, I'd cash out from tomorrow's champions league match. 372odds with NGN2000 issa goal!

hmmmm
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by SoulB6: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
falcon01:

You mean you have a lot of cash in your house presently. Wow good to know

6 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Just2endowed2(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Fierce11:
I'm not bored.

Hmmm Bookies will always win

4 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Wizmj4real(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
It is a pitiable bismal dismal that the only language Our government understand is strike action
The strike should hold because the state and federal government does not have the interest of the masses at heart

2 Likes

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by mescan(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ok
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Slymonster(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
We just create problems for ourselves most times.
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
Things seen as abnormal elsewhere are very normal in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Yankee101: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
falcon01:
that's why been an enterpreneur is the best thing that will ever happen to a human.

Tell em please

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Triangles1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
If Nigeria can strike bokko haram as dey like to strike ordinary air, boko story for don end. Our strike is bcs labour leader never get alawe..... Ask oshomole.

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by CaptainMitch: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
I don collect one bundle of 1000 notes. Nothing concern me with lack of money.

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Josh44s(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
Fierce11:
I'm not bored.

Bro I need that game o. Make I play am with 1k
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Gudwork(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=Fierce11 post=72708877]I'm not bored.
Afterall, I'd cash out from tomorrow's champions league match. 372odds with NGN2000

Enjoy
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by ikorodureporta: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
smiley
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by dazzlingd(m): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
falcon01:

Which kind mentality, must you do cash, what happened to transfers, pos, online banking... Aba bush people everywhere.
Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by barristerzinny(f): 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
falcon01:
you still need govt workers , most of them patronize you. The strike will also affect you

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
falcon01:

Guy abeg where you house dey, we need to talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Identifies Fraudulent Loan Offer On Social Media / Persistent Queue At ATM Points In MOUAU (Photos) / My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.