Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America (612 Views)

Video Of Atiku In The United States Of America / Atiku Just Arrived WASHINGTON DC UNITED STATES OF AMERICA- PICTURES / 2019: We Were Shocked On Atiku’s Choice Of Peter Obi – Southeast Governors, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America by thecolumnist: 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Yet again I must write and yes I must write on the polity. One question that bothers me much is whether our practices must be endorsed by the western world to be good enough for us. Hunger as Nigerians are in today does not recognize democracy, neither does the hungry Nigerian on the street reckon with the stands of the western world and that’s where we are at. Nigerians are hungry and angry, and gravely so.
Yes we may not be able to entirely rule out western influence over our nation majorly due to how poor we are at international politics. But should we be at their beck and call? And must their approval be our yardstick for moving forward or not? I have watched with disgust how we have made ascension to public office all about being able to travel to the United States of America. I dare say that should not be our yard stick. For God sake must we continue to ridicule ourselves on the altar of politics?
It has always been in the news that Atiku Abubakar has had a case to answer in the United States, we have always heard that. But what concerns me is that it has become a political yard stick to prove his innocence. Thus you hear ‘if you want to prove you are innocent of the charges travel to the United States and let’s see’. It should be noted that that in itself is an error.
What many proponents of this methodology do not know is that we are approaching an election year, where two gladiators have lined themselves up for battle. In this situation I dare say that even if H.E Atiku Abubakar were granted a visa and were to travel to the United States of America he wouldn’t be touched for whatever reasons. This drives from the fact that the government of that nation understands the import of this particular election, not just to the stability of Nigeria but to the whole of Africa. If anything does not convince us the year 2016 allegations of Chief Ayo Fayose against the First Lady of Nigeria, Hajiya Aisha Buhari should; she did travel and nothing happened – that does not mean she might have been innocent or guilty; it only meant issues of that nature are treated diplomatically.
We must stop this archaic way of thinking; the President of the Nigerian nation is a leader who protects the integrity, rights and privileges of his/her people. The inputs of other nations are secondary and auxiliary in every sense.
I do not want to engage in the discus of whether H.E Atiku Abubakar is guilty or not, time will tell on that. But one thing we must know is that the emergence of his person as president should be a lesson to leaders that trivialities will not pay in governance. The current government’s show of shame and unnecessary junketing across the globe has not helped the polity, neither has it improved the life of the common man. These will be the facts and metrics that will be used in deciding who occupies Aso Rock next.

https://twitter.com/icolumnist

Re: On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America by Odetokun3(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
Safe journey
Re: On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America by rusher14: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2018
He's a thief.

3 Likes

Re: On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America by Pekele007: 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
rusher14:
He's a thief.
Is that all? Every Nigerian politician is a thief in one way or the other.

So? Make we no vote
Re: On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America by rusher14: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pekele007:

Is that all? Every Nigerian politician is a thief in one way or the other.

So? Make we no vote

Not every Nigerian politician is a thief.

1 Like

Re: On Atiku Travelling To The United States Of America by jpphilips(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
thecolumnist:
Yet again I must write and yes I must write on the polity. One question that bothers me much is whether our practices must be endorsed by the western world to be good enough for us. Hunger as Nigerians are in today does not recognize democracy, neither does the hungry Nigerian on the street reckon with the stands of the western world and that’s where we are at. Nigerians are hungry and angry, and gravely so.
Yes we may not be able to entirely rule out western influence over our nation majorly due to how poor we are at international politics. But should we be at their beck and call? And must their approval be our yardstick for moving forward or not? I have watched with disgust how we have made ascension to public office all about being able to travel to the United States of America. I dare say that should not be our yard stick. For God sake must we continue to ridicule ourselves on the altar of politics?
It has always been in the news that Atiku Abubakar has had a case to answer in the United States, we have always heard that. But what concerns me is that it has become a political yard stick to prove his innocence. Thus you hear ‘if you want to prove you are innocent of the charges travel to the United States and let’s see’. It should be noted that that in itself is an error.
What many proponents of this methodology do not know is that we are approaching an election year, where two gladiators have lined themselves up for battle. In this situation I dare say that even if H.E Atiku Abubakar were granted a visa and were to travel to the United States of America he wouldn’t be touched for whatever reasons. This drives from the fact that the government of that nation understands the import of this particular election, not just to the stability of Nigeria but to the whole of Africa. If anything does not convince us the year 2016 allegations of Chief Ayo Fayose against the First Lady of Nigeria, Hajiya Aisha Buhari should; she did travel and nothing happened – that does not mean she might have been innocent or guilty; it only meant issues of that nature are treated diplomatically.
We must stop this archaic way of thinking; the President of the Nigerian nation is a leader who protects the integrity, rights and privileges of his/her people. The inputs of other nations are secondary and auxiliary in every sense.
I do not want to engage in the discus of whether H.E Atiku Abubakar is guilty or not, time will tell on that. But one thing we must know is that the emergence of his person as president should be a lesson to leaders that trivialities will not pay in governance. The current government’s show of shame and unnecessary junketing across the globe has not helped the polity, neither has it improved the life of the common man. These will be the facts and metrics that will be used in deciding who occupies Aso Rock next.

https://twitter.com/icolumnist

Your point is?? Atiku isn't the only criminal in Nigeria if you care, you can support Evans for president, that your moral compass is wrapped with dollars doesn't mean every person is that cheap, Nigerians want folks like you to know the truth about Atiku so you dont complain to anyone when the dollars finish, what is wrong with that?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

.... / [AUDIO] "I Spent Billions For Buhari In 2015 But He Forgot Me After" - Saraki / Reasons Why Terrorists Are Killing Soldiers - Ex Defense Chief Agwai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.