Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts (1968 Views)

15 LASTMA Officials Wounded In Clash With Soldiers: LASTMA Vacates Duty Posts / PSC To Policemen: Return To Duty Posts Or Face Dismissal / Orji Kalu Set To Resume At Senate Tomorrow After 5 Months In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by kolafolabi(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2018
The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winnifred Oyo-Ita, on Monday orders all workers to ensure they resume at their duty posts on Tuesday.

She said the order became necessary because the National Industrial Court had restrained the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress from embarking on strike from Tuesday as scheduled.

The order was contained in a circular titled “Notice of court injunction on proposed strike action: Directive for compliance” and dated November 5, 2018.

The circular was signed on behalf of the HOCSF by the Permanent Secretary, Service Welfare Office, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack. She asked all Permanent Secretaries to ensure strict compliance with her directive.

The circular read, “The attention of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has been drawn to the order of interim injunction by the Abuja Division of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria dated November 2, 2018 restraining the Nigeria Labour Congress, the Trade Union Congress and their members from embarking on or taking part in the strike or industrial action to commence on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.

“In view of the above, I am directed to inform you that all staff are expected to continue to report at their duty posts to carry out their duties pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.

“All Permanent Secretaries and Heads of extra-Ministerial Departments and Agencies are to bring the content of this circular to the attention of their staff and ensure strict compliance.”

https://punchng.com/head-of-service-orders-workers-to-resume-at-their-duty-posts/

2 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by emceedcent(m): 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
Naija don start with their commanding tone... Military era we come

3 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Topccy007z: 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Come and carry me to work. Mumu

5 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by ShySteady(m): 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
I trust Nigerian Civil Servants, she will be the only person present in the office by morning.

Thought she knew better by being in the forefront of those agitating for better welfare and emoluments of her staff.

Alas, she has been zombified!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by kingharzy: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
Every power-hungry, corrupt, dishonest idiot will wakeup and bark orders because they're covered by a dullard.
Instead using diplomatic channels to resolve issues, they're invoking what they've conjured at the background.
We're wisest now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by jumpandpas(m): 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2018
This criminal has joined Kpomo gang.

What's the BLACK TOAD from Edo state saying, I remember that he was the Labour president.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2018
You're on your own

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by kolafolabi(m): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
I need an answer to this question.

How are Oyo and Osun that pay 13k as minimum wage and fail woefully will survive the newly 30k wages. ..

We are in serious trouble!

2 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Achuwa1(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
The circular read, “The attention of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has been drawn to the order of interim injunction by the Abuja Division of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria dated November 2, 2018 restraining the Nigeria Labour Congress, the Trade Union Congress and their members from embarking on or taking part in the strike or industrial action to commence on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.

“In view of the above, I am directed to inform you that all staff are expected to continue to report at their duty posts to carry out their duties pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Achuwa1(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
BUHARI is a bad leader

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Okoroawusa: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2018
Topccy007z:
Come and carry me to work. Mumu
You don't work for the FG or any state government for that matter.

abeg swerve go.one side
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Pwettyella(f): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
foolish nlc
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by johnlvis(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
30k or, strike .

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pwettyella:
foolish nlc
What makes them foolish, kid

2 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Pwettyella(f): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

What makes them finish , kid
by not embarking on the said strike
plz don't address me as kid
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by DaddyNimo(m): 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pwettyella:
by not embarking on the said strike plz don't address me as kid
workers dey talk you jobless bimbo follow put mouth....ote
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by agbangam: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
F.G wey no dey obey court orders wants us to obey one mumu/purchased injunction, rubbish govt.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by MaziOmenuko: 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
I thought it's only the industrial court that had jurisdiction to entertain cases pertaining to labour and workers welfare. Why is the FG getting injuctions from the regular courts?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Time will tell.
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Pwettyella(f): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
DaddyNimo:
workers dey talk you jobless bimbo follow put mouth....ote
do u v to insult well ur opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Oluwadabira1111: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
kolafolabi:
I need an answer to this question.

How are Oyo and Osun that pay 13k as minimum wage and fail woefully will survive the newly 30k wages. ..

We are in serious trouble!
Abi naw I just wondering how those state who pay less than the initial 18k will be able to pay the 30k the nlc are demanding.
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pwettyella:

by not embarking on the said strike
plz don't address me as kid
Your comment shows you Dont even know what's happening around you

Oh you even look like a slay queen
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by hucienda: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
It appears the clairvoyant, @ckc, saw this in advance as predicted in that thread.
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Pwettyella(f): 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=NaijaRoyalty post=72716215]
Your comment shows you Dont even know what's happening around you

Oh you even look like a slay queen
I think I v d right to my opinion
it shouldn't be anyone's business
as regards d slay queen thing,
lol, if u can call Wat u see a slay queen, then I guess slay queen has a new definition
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Jadax(m): 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
The last time I checked, we don't have Court's because if we do, Dansuki & the Shites leader won't be in detention.
So na disobedience to court order dey rush us...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=Pwettyella post=72716279][/quote]

Maybe the way you packaged those boobs made me think you're a slayqueen

Maybe
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Pwettyella(f): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Maybe the way you packaged those boobs made me think you're a slayqueen
Maybe
not every girl is a slay queen
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2018
Pwettyella:

not every girl is a slay queen

The way you chest-out made me think you're a slay queen .

There will be no more strike tomorrow , be happy now .
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by McCoy662(m): 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2018
ASUU should be forced to work also. those idiots are so lazy and egocentric
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by Topmaike007(m): 12:13am On Nov 06, 2018
people wey never see 18 pay wan pay 30k let's see..
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by jmaine: 4:55am On Nov 06, 2018
McCoy662:
ASUU should be forced to work also. those idiots are so lazy and egocentric

Those people you call idiots are miles better than your lifeless paymasters.

If you think it is easy.. Go and be a lecturer.
Re: Labour Strike: Head Of Service Orders Workers To Resume At Duty Posts by McCoy662(m): 6:24am On Nov 08, 2018
jmaine:

Those people you call idiots are miles better than your lifeless paymasters.

If you think it is easy.. Go and be a lecturer.
What is special about being a lecturer?? I'm sure they are earning pretty cool salary when compared to their counterparts in primary and secondary Schools. All of them are teachers teaching in schools.
imagine if lecturers are placed on minimum wage just as some BSC holders in sec school.

there are better ways to agitate than going on strike every month

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atikuiswinning Currently Trending On Twitter / EFCC List Of Governors Who Will Go To Jail After May / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Committee On Fiscal Transparency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.