Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,792 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike (81582 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Calls Off Election Boycotts / Reactions From Nigerians As NLC Calls Off Strike / NLC Nationwide Strike Starts On Thursday Morning 27/09/18 (See Memo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Johnosas91: 2:43am On Nov 06, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
grin grin
NLC leaders pockets greased ... back to status quo.
When they need more money, they'll disturb our peace again with very loud threats of indefinite abi inconclusive strike.
Thieves in both Govt and NLC.
That's it

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Maxymilliano(m): 2:43am On Nov 06, 2018
And what happens to all the food and drinks and fuel they asked people to buy and keep? Hope they achieved their aim.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Fitbillionairep: 2:58am On Nov 06, 2018
after making me go buy 120liters of fuel? thunder fire una papa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by johnmba: 3:11am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Bedlecturer(m): 3:17am On Nov 06, 2018
*Report of NLC, TUC and ULC emergency meeting of Monday, 05.11.2018*

1. Indefinite strike action commence by 1200midnight 06.11.2018.
2. All workers to stay at home.
3. All Unions to ensure absolute compliance.
4. Unions to monitor their constituencies.
5. NURTW pledge its support towards the success of the strike.
6. Monitoring committee formed.
7. Monitoring Union to put on their Union T-shirt for indentification.
8. Members should not entertain fear of arrest as Police and other agencies are aware of the strike action.
9. Leaflets will be available by 9.00pm for distribution and education of the public.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by ADEBAZ95(m): 3:30am On Nov 06, 2018
Good
MTN 1GB #550
GLO 1GB #850
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by tradepunter: 4:18am On Nov 06, 2018
Just woke up to get the update on the strike... I just have to say am very pleased urs been called off. I know this current administration haven't performed well but that does not mean we should destroy the country completely but taking industrial action that will destroy the economy further... History shows that in niaja we can destroy but can hardly ever rebuild.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 06, 2018
Nice one.
Even though some enemies of the state are not happy.

They are alwayz against any good news from the Country. I wonder what people gain by wishing problems upon themselves.

Strike doesnt benefit any party but Dialogue does.

If we all are objective, supportive, and patriotic, Nigeria wil surely know no bounds.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 06, 2018
tradepunter:
Just woke up to get the update on the strike... I just have to say am very pleased urs been called off. I know this current administration haven't performed well but that does not mean we should destroy the country completely but taking industrial action that will destroy the economy further... History shows that in niaja we can destroy but can hardly ever rebuild.

Well spoken
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Sundayvictor0(m): 5:00am On Nov 06, 2018
olysexy:
FAKE NEWS
What else are u going to believe if you can't believe nairaland news
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Gramondhigh(m): 5:16am On Nov 06, 2018
This is fake News, Politics Ngr is nt a reputable Site with a lot of grammertical errors.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Boyooosa(m): 5:18am On Nov 06, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I love the way you moan, your ringtones go baaaaaaaaaad
Mew is a better sound for the cat eyed's, check again..
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Tomkay2011: 5:20am On Nov 06, 2018
Hope FG will pay the #30k minimum wages. What impact will the new salary have in private owns company?
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by arrestdarrester: 5:22am On Nov 06, 2018
Oluwadabira1111:
Labour leaders don't collect money but sha let's hear their reason for calling off the strike.

Ta! Keep kwayet there
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 06, 2018
MOVIC6:
if serving corpers no vex make I lie ���
seriously, I dey vex. I be dey plan to sleep well well. Chai
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by handrubaba: 5:30am On Nov 06, 2018
These our 9ja NLC re useless
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by zoedew: 5:44am On Nov 06, 2018
Labour in Nigeria just let itself down. The point should be about achieving parity in what the politicians earn across board and what workers earn. That should take care of the craze for power as it is clear that we cannot all pay ourselves the reckless sums picked up by the politicians thus necessitating a trim down of the politicians pay.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by barristerzinny(f): 5:46am On Nov 06, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

The organized labour has suspended its planned strike. This is coming after marathon meetings with the Federal government.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-labour-calls-nationwide-strike/
so have they agreed on the minimum wage stuff? Cos calling off strike without an agreement, is liking throwing away their birthright into the gutters.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Oduwils222(m): 5:47am On Nov 06, 2018
heryur:
NLC no dey serious jaare
Them don go collect money close mouth. The suffering continues
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by ashjay001(m): 5:51am On Nov 06, 2018
Good job by d FG! Impressive!
Had to fill my tank, at one of those shortchanging, fuel stations, it was d only one, empty enough to queue up at!angry Panic buying of fuel, all oversad

1 Like

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:57am On Nov 06, 2018
Shey i told u guys that the strike will be called off the night before? These NLC ppl no serious
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by shafaci(m): 5:57am On Nov 06, 2018
good one

1 Like

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Christmasdon(m): 5:57am On Nov 06, 2018
Oh! my president is working . Buhari 2023.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Bakerdav: 5:57am On Nov 06, 2018
barristerzinny:
so have they agreed on the minimum wage stuff? Cos calling off strike without an agreement, is liking throwing away their birthright into the gutters.
reading what is here, how do they call off the strike O
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Raylight2(m): 6:00am On Nov 06, 2018
heryur:
NLC no dey serious jaare
they need to learn from their elder brother (ASUU)

1 Like

Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by mendii(m): 6:11am On Nov 06, 2018
907Izzy6:
Anyone knows how legit the blog on my signature is?
see anyone having fixed match wunt come to the internet to advertise
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Justhere: 6:12am On Nov 06, 2018
union leader and political leader are 5/6(same same)
union leader will call on strike to disguise they are fighting for the masses b4 you know they will call off strike with little or nothing to show for it.
b4 strike masses are suffering
during strike masses will suffer
after strike, suffering continue for masses
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by arrestdarrester: 6:13am On Nov 06, 2018
Strike called off just like that? What's the outcome of the 10pm meeting between FG and Labour yesterday? Did they agree to immediate implementation of N30K or Labour don smile go bank leaving workers with N24K?
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Immaculatemave: 6:14am On Nov 06, 2018
[quote author=NothingDoMe post=72716417]All thanks to God because the people will be the ones to suffer it and the government will still go ahead to take from some other sector to pay the minimum wage.

What we need is a revolution but it seems easier said than done.

you are right.revolution is the only solution
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by nho4: 6:14am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Tareq1105: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
grin grin
NLC leaders pockets greased ... back to status quo.
When they need more money, they'll disturb our peace again with very loud threats of indefinite abi inconclusive strike.
Thieves in both Govt and NLC.

Your comment is unfair.
Re: Labour Calls Off Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2018
Nigerian youth really need to stand up and fight for their rights in their own planned and organised ways because even the NLC has been bought over by the government.
They have sold their conscience. Unionism has died in Nigeria.
Imagine minimum wage from 50k reduced to 30k Nigerians should be alert and ready for the worst because a lot of terror will soon be a common song in Nigeria.
Maybe when we start having bomb blast and other form of attacks unknown then a lot Nigerian movement will be restricted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PMB Certificate Controversy: Shocking WAEC HQ Letter Shared By Reno Goes Viral / MC Oluomo's Daughter, Mistura Ayokade Dispels Rumour About Her Father's Death / DSS Facility Where Sowore Is Allegedly Being Detained (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.