Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? (1499 Views)

Couple Commits Suicide By Hanging In Bangladesh (Disturbing Photos) / Corpse Of Edward Soje, Kogi Civil Servant Who Committed Suicide By Hanging (Pic) / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Delta After Attending Catholic Church Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by emerem: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
Someone served my colleague a court summon today. The man went home only to see the purported summon inserted in his door handle. Lawyers in the house, is it wise, should it be treated as received?
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Fivmill: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
emerem:
Someone served my colleague a court summon today. The man went home only to see the purported summon inserted in his door handle. Lawyers in the house, is it wise, should it be treated as received?
Very wrong. If he doesn't honor it, he has lots of reasons that will exonorate him
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Mizwisdom(f): 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
It's not wrong. He probably has a picture of the court order posted on your friend's door which he'll use as evidence to show your friend has received it, if he is still living in the house.

3 Likes

Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by emerem: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
It's not wrong. He probably has a picture of the court order posted on your friend's door which he'll use as evidence to show your friend has received it, if he is still living in the house.
, he just inserted it in the door opening at a public yard, not personal house. How about that?
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by emerem: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2018
Fivmill:

Very wrong. If he doesn't honor it, he has lots of reasons that will exonorate him
thanks for the contribution dear.
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by delzbaba(m): 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
it's acceptable, it's called substituted service and it's admissible in law, however they must have tried serving the person severally without success

2 Likes

Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by emerem: 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
delzbaba:
it's acceptable, it's called substituted service and it's admissible in law, however they must have tried serving the person severally without success
OK, yea, I think so , but he can still deny receipt as it is a public yard, not posted or pasted?
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by delzbaba(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
emerem:
OK, yea, I think so , but he can still deny receipt as it is a public yard, not posted or pasted?
my brother you can't deny it can even be posted on the notice board in court, free advice from those that know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by emerem: 1:09am On Nov 07, 2018
delzbaba:
my brother you can't deny it can even be posted on the notice board in court, free advice from those that know
thanks bro.
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Pat081: 6:27am On Nov 07, 2018
Have ntin to say again because five to six people hv open my mind to say wot I have in mind
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by dgitrader(m): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2020
My colleague is considering sueing a defaulter who has ascounded. May I ask if such summon be served via facebook , email or WhatsApp?
Pat081:
Have ntin to say again because five to six people hv open my mind to say wot I have in mind

delzbaba:

delzbaba:
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Abasman008(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2020
Oboy pay your rent and stop putting someone in warranted stress.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Pat081: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
dgitrader:
My colleague is considering sueing a defaulter who has ascounded. May I ask if such summon be served via facebook , email or WhatsApp?

i dnt think it is done that way because the man/woman may tell the court that he /she is nt the owner of that facebook,whataspp etc
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by dgitrader(m): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Pat081:
i dnt think it is done that way because the man/woman may tell the court that he /she is nt the owner of that facebook,whataspp etc

Does it mean there's no way of serving an ascoundee(who still has social media and WhatsApp active) without physical contact?
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Pat081: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
emerem:
is better for him/her 2go over 2d court or place they summon him/her because the man that post it on his door have taking d picture with his /her phone
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Pat081: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
dgitrader:

Does it mean there's no way of serving an ascoundee(who still has social media and WhatsApp active) without physical contact?
yes, because i hv never read it b4 or hear it, d person may say that he/she is nt d owner of d number so i dnt think so
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Pat081: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
soundlala:
its wrong, summon are given by hand.

i no see am simple, u give me? no.
Pray u dnt see court case u will knw that it is not by hand only

1 Like

Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Pat081: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
soundlala:
its wrong, summon are given by hand.

i no see am simple, u give me? no.
Pray u dnt see court case u will knw that it is not by hand only..
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
Assssh oooh aaaah harrrrder!!!
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by delzbaba(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
dgitrader:

last known residential address is a good option,,,no internet service yet in our rules.
Re: Please, Is it Legit To Serve Court Summon To Someone By Hanging it On his Door? by dgitrader(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
delzbaba:
last known residential address is a good option,,,no internet service yet in our rules.

Thanks. You are well grounded.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Little Boy Spotted Doing The Anchor Aromates Handshake With Vikings Members / UNIBEN Female Student Narrates How She Escaped Ritual Killers After They Strippe / Returnee From South Africa Dies In Lagos Party, Police Arrest Five

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.