Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC (17757 Views)

Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef / Must Watch: New Chairman Of NDIC Cries About The Endemic Corruption In NDIC / Senate Confirms Omolola Abiola-Edewor, MKO Abiola’s Daughter NDIC Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by odiks: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has withdrawn the nomination of Olabode Akin Mustapha as chairman of governing board of Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) and replaced it with Ronke Shokefun.

Buhari’s request was contained in a letter read by Senate President Bukola Saraki on the floor of the upper legislative chamber on Tuesday.

“The distinguished senate is kindly invited to recall my earlier request for the confirmation of the appointment of Chief Olabode Akin Mustapha as the chairman of governing board of the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC),” the letter read.

“That letter dated 27th March 2018, a copy attached herewith. You may also recall that the nominee is yet to be confirmed by the senate and I write to inform you of my decision to substitute Chief Olabode Akin Mustapha with Mrs Ronke Shokefun as chairman of the governing board.

“The distinguished senate is therefore kindly requested to consider and confirm the appointment of Mrs Ronke Shokefun as chairman of the governing board of the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) as well as other members whose names have earlier been forwarded.

“While I hope this request will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the distinguished senate, please accept, Mr Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-replaces-nominee-for-chairman-of-ndic-board

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by kahal29: 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Wow it's like today is appointment galore... The woman is the present commissioner for urban and physical planning..

Profile of Ronke Sokefun (Mrs.)

Mrs. Sokefun is a consummate Lawyer, Chartered Secretary Land Administrator. She gained admission to the Ogun State University (now Olabisi Onabanjo University) after her primary and secondary education and graduated with a Law degree (LL.B Hons.) in 1987.

She emerged as one of the best in her graduating class as she won two prizes – Jurisprudence & Legal Theory and Commercial Law.

She immediately proceeded to the Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island, Lagos and bagged her Barrister at Law (B.L) Hons. Degree in 1988.

She had her mandatory National Youth Service in the old Oyo State from 1988 to 1989.

On completion of her National service, she joined the law firm of M.P Ohwovoriole (SAN) & Co, as a Trainee Solicitor and Barrister in December 1989 and worked there till June 1990. In September 1990, she moved to Ighodalo and Associates Limited, a thriving audit firm as Company Secretary where she was saddled with the responsibility of running the Company’s Company secretarial arm and acted as Company Secretary to a number of its audit clients.

In pursuit of professional excellence, she joined Messrs Aluko and Oyebode, Barristers, Solicitors and Trademark Agents in October 1993 as an Associate. And in 1995 she moved a step further in her career as she qualified as a Graduate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria and that of London-ACIS.

In acknowledgement of her sterling professional dedication to her duties, she was promoted a Senior Associate at Aluko and Oyebode in 1995 and became a Partner in 2000. She was responsible for coordinating the firm’s interface with government corporations and institutions as well as developing templates for the company’s legal and commercial transactions among others.

She was with the legal firm until October 2001 after which she briefly worked (on secondment) with the telecommunications firm MTN from October 2001 till January 2002.

In February 2002, she was appointed Head, Management Services, (Legal, Human Resources and Administration) of Ocean and Oil Services Limited.

On the 1″ of February 2005 she joined Oando Group Plc as Head, Legal Services.

Through dedication to duty, she was deservedly promoted to the position of Group Chief Legal Officer on the 1st of March 2007 where she was responsible for setting the strategy direction and allocating resource for managing the Legal and regulatory requirements of all entities and businesses that make up the Oando Group which are geographically spread across the country with subsidiaries in Ghana, Togo, Sierra-Leone, the United Kingdom, Canada and Bermuda. Mrs. Sokefun in this position, was a member of the Group Leadership Council – the highest decision making body of the company.

Despite her high position on the corporate ladder of Oando Plc, she decided to take a break to serve her people by first accepting to serve as a member of the Oil and Gas work Stream of the Ogun State Transition Committee in 2011.

She was later appointed as the Special Adviser and Director General of the Bureau of Lands and Survey by the State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, CON, FCA before her elevation to the position of the Honourable State Commissioner for Agriculture on November 27″ 2012.

On October 29th 2015, she was re-appointed as the Honourable State Commissioner for Agriculture.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by bettercreature(m): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin New strategy is to appoint lot of Yoruba tribe to preserve south-west

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by ryloy: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by LamidiCownu: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Lordjiggs09(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Cool
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by oneluv11: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
;Ddedicate dis to those of u wen NEPA take light u go come out ,look ur neighbour HOUZ if na everywhere dem take, keep on the good work, ur pay day is coming.

buhari give dem appointment (looking appointment)
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
My time too dey come... cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by dadebayo1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
Appointment bazaar grin.. Hope they remember the ceremony with NLC by 4:30pm grin.. Time check

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Martzki: 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
k
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by rickdaking(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin grin New strategy is to appoint lot of Yoruba tribe to preserve south-west
They think dey ave sense

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by anyimontana(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
Still doesn't change the fact that u r an unopposed first class tribal bigot.if u like appoint a Cameroonian, na u sabi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Thugnificent(m): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
That's great news
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by ShameOnAPC: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
bettercreature:
it won't work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Stalwert: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
ryloy:
grin

Obliar is a joke, he condemn giving people 5000 but give them instead 50 Naira.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Thobiy(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
dadebayo1:
Appointment bazaar grin.. Hope they remember the ceremony with NLC by 4:30pm grin.. Time check
Jejely waiting make 4:30 reach / hope NLC never collect dollar

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by spartan50(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ethnic bigot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by cremeboy: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
bettercreature:
lmao. E pain you

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by dadebayo1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thobiy:
Jejely waiting make 4:30 reach

Lolll.... We patiently wait together grin

I hope Labour will not be "APC" grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by einsteine(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thugnificent:
Please nairalanders I'm so stranded. I lost my wallet and keys in a cab right now with my last money in it. I just withdrew all the money in my account few minutes ago to settle some pressing needs. Right now i don't even have transportation back home. All i need is 2k please..... 0087221630 Diamond Bank

Remarkable that you didnt lose your ATM card.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by anyimontana(m): 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thugnificent:
Please nairalanders I'm so stranded. I lost my wallet and keys in a cab right now with my last money in it. I just withdrew all the money in my account few minutes ago to settle some pressing needs. Right now i don't even have transportation back home. All i need is 2k please..... 0087221630 Diamond Bank
repeat after me,..I, thugnificent is an unrepentant cooperate beggar,may Lord forgive me

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Nbote(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Dis is d same money spinning board Keyamo was settled with dat has been making him run his mouth tirelessly

Thugnificent:

Only U have used gameova, Dude397 and now thugnificient to beg... U are really very dumb but U don't know dat yet... May Ur life end up as broke as U always claim it to be and may all d bad things U always claim happen to U for real

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ok. Her positive contribution to nation building & selfless service should be the most important thing.
All the best to her.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by arowstev2000: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thugnificent:

Send ur account number
Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Mace0lane: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
Igbo wailing on fleek right after the appointment

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Corrinthians(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
cheesy

Waiting to hear what our brothers from across the river have to say.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by johnsonoko7: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
Winnings are glorious , we keep winning , call or whatsapp to confirm.

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Hotfreezer: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thugnificent:

You lost your wallet and keys, right?

Your atm card is in your wallet you lost.
If you say your Atm card is at home, you have lost your keys.

So, I send you money now, how would you withdraw it without Atm?

The thunder that would fire you is busy negotiating minimum wage. It would fire you so bad that people would be charging phone on your body.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ronke Shokefun From Ogun State As Chairman Board Of NDIC by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nbote:

Only U have used gameova, Dude397 and now thugnificient to beg... U are really very dumb but U don't know dat yet... May Ur life end up as broke as U always claim it to be and may all d bad things U always claim happen to U for real

Impressive investigation...

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Controlled Lagos State Has Both The Highest External & Internal Debts - PDP / Sultan To Buhari: Take Firm Action On Herdsmen And Farmers Clashes / Outrage As RMAFC Says Politicians’ Pay May Go Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.