Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date (17762 Views)

Fintiri Defeats Binani In Adamawa Governorship Election / Lagos Supplementary Election: Date Announced By INEC / Secondus Says PDP Rejects Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by youngestuk(m): 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
The Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday found reasons to reject the new date, March 28, fixed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the supplementary gubernatorial poll in the state.

Ripples Nigeria had reported how INEC, in response to a court ruling, had said it would announce a new date for the supplementary election on Tuesday.

INEC had, while reacting on its official Twitter page, said, ”Following the discharge of the injunction stopping the supplementary governorship election by the Adamawa State High Court in the case instituted by the Movement for Restoration and Defence of Democracy (MRDD) against INEC the Commission will now proceed with the supplementary election on a date to be made known before the end of work today.”

However, the APC in a swift reaction same Tuesday rejected INEC’s decision claiming that the party was not consulted before a new date was fixed for the poll. The party’s position was made known by the Organising Secretary of the party, Ahmed Lawal.

“INEC failed to consult with political parties involved in this election before going ahead to fix a new date for the re-run.

“We, therefore, became suspicious due to rumours in town earlier that supplementary election would be conducted on Thursday and it turned out to be true.

“We are not afraid of re-run election, but INEC should have done the right thing.

“How can you fix an election on a working day? Are civil servants not going to participate in the election?

“We are going to forward our protest on the matter to INEC,’’ he said.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/wrong-to-fix-election-on-work-day-adamawa-apc-rejects-supplementary-poll-date/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Olatunji1929: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
If i were you i will boycott it mumu party election wey you don loose tey tey

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2019
This election should be over with so we start our way to a New Nigeria please.

We have no time to waste.
All hands must be on deck to start the BIG project ahead.

To the NEXT LEVEL of our lives we go.......those who feel like moving with the President tho'........

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by inoki247: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
so make dem postpone am till Next Year abi wetin.

10 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Samanza89: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
What do they mean by how do you fix an election on a working day?

If that's what they want, declare a public holiday on that day, election is conducted PDP wins, and then to thy tent oh Israel.

They want time in order to repeat the nonsense scam that happened in Kano they called election.

This is Adamawa and not Kano!... Bleep out!..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
This year election get as e be

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Bewiseedet(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
They are jittery.

20 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
PDP still has it

20 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by JubrinElSudan: 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
The time is too sudden for them to import and mobilise ad-hoc thugs from Kano or what? I'm not understanding grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Shampoo77: 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
Who APC EPP! Who go miss APC! APC go and die

19 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by ArmaniUhuru: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Don’t participate na.

Nonsense and ingredients

3 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Wizygreat12: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
Una never see any thing
Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by FearGodinall: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Can you imagin the lame excuse of failure,if a governor could declare public holiday because a president is visiting the state,what has sudenly changed.Next please!

17 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Yankee101: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
The courts will pay APC for a long time over what they did to Onnoghen

19 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Awoleesu(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
"How can you fix an election on a working day? Are civil servants not going to participate in the election?"

But it was ok to conduct rerun election in Osun state on a working day huh?

Oya nii daun dia and rez op your filthy hands!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Excelboi(m): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
You buy market on credit you are still asking for change? Accept the date or get lost!!! No time to plan rigging this time around.

7 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by oladeleajide: 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
God's will shall be done.

1 Like

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Missylady: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Are d voters complaining?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
Why will INEC fix new election date, they should just announce APC becus whether or whether not APC has taken over Adamawa.
Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by mavolx(m): 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
The game is getting interested everyday
Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by youngestuk(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
Dream on bros grin
LordviccoDaGuru:
Why will INEC fix new election date, they should just announce APC becus whether or whether not APC has taken over Adamawa.

3 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by pat077: 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
Election like season film
Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Obainoneandonly(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
nice one from INEC ,they don't want a repeat of what happened in KANO.......you give them more time they
can do d unthinkable........no time to mobilize thugs and d military

1 Like

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Oluchi10: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Abeg wetin APC dey look for election wey dey don loose. abeg make dem park well jooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Lamasta(m): 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
APC should go and rest Jo its either they give up to PDP or they should go and prepare for the supplementary election. Inconclusive set of people grin

1 Like

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by chiedozie198100: 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
The time is too sudden for them to import and mobilise ad-hoc thugs from Kano or what? I'm not understanding grin

oh boy u r a bunch of uselessness grin grin grin grin grin

which one be ad-hoc thugs again na.

laff don kill me here.

2 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by harryportter: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
chiedozie198100:

oh boy u r a bunch of uselessness grin grin grin grin grin

which one be ad-hoc thugs again na.

laff don kill me here.
DONT TELL ME U WASTED YOUR SCHOOL FEES IN SCHOOL O.ADHOC THUGS ARE THE MILITARY,POLICE AND DSS.IF U KNOW,U KNOW

2 Likes

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by figment232(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Henryfixed88:
See below
I wonder why these guys dont get banned.But once u put up a tikini genuine advert here boom u get banned.
Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by Josnac(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
figment232:
I wonder why these guys dont get banned.But once u put up a tikini genuine advert here boom u get banned.

They get banned.. I notice they open new accounts after each ban.

1 Like

Re: APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date by figment232(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Josnac:

They get banned.. I notice they open new accounts after each ban.
I dont think the speed applied in banning genuine adverts is applied here.This advert has been up for hours now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Cautions Akeredolu, El-Rufai Other APC Governors, Backs Buni / Diaspora Donation To Obi’s Campaign Not Unlawful – Lawyer / My Bail Revocation Exposed Justice Binta Nyako As Ignorant – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.