Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! (3507 Views)

More Pics On The Traditional Wedding Of Chinedu Ikedieze (aki) Including Parents / Photo;Aki's Traditional Wedding With Njeoma / Chinedu Ikedezie (a.k.a Aki) Gets National Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2010
[size=14pt]Aki gets National Honour. Pawpaw ingored!
[/size]
Posted by Linda Ikeji at 7:53 AM

The Federal Government recently released the list of recipients for 2009 National Honours Awards. There are twenty two awardees for Members of the Federal Republic (MFR). Among the recipients is Nollywood actor, Chinedu Ikedieze aka Aki, a graduate of Mass Communication from the Institute of Management Technology (IMT),

[img]http://3.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/TEaVYjygh-I/AAAAAAAAf4o/15hp9TnMnuw/s200/25109_1098535121259_1763091770_186746_3639918_n.jpg[/img]

“I see my name on the list of Nigerian for the award of Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria [MFR]. It's Gods way of repaying me for all my effort towards and contribution to the growth of Nollywood in the country and the world in general,” Aki Said

What a lot of people in Nollywood don't understand was how Chinedu made the list when several veterans who started the race before him have not even been considered for the honours.

But that is not where I am coming from. It's not how long, but how well, right? My question is; is it fair for Government to have given Chinedu National Honour while ignoring Osita, (Paw Paw)? They started their careers same time, featured in the same movies, won many awards, so why ONLY Aki?

http://lindaikeji..com/2010/07/aki-gets-national-honour-pawpaw-ingored.html
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
What did he do to deserve this honor?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
Honestly i wonder they must av their reasons though
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
they are not twins! they are not the same people! although most of their movies have been together, who cares.
i would have expected Osita to get the award, though. he is funnier and most times you will see him doing movies alone, without Chinedu, but almost never the other way around.
KUDOS TO HIM THOUGH.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by dominique(f): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2010
but they are always toghter. you can't see one without seeing the other. so whatever aki did to merit the award, pawpaw also did the same. so why honour one and snub the other? not right at all.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2010
What did he achieve to get an MFR.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Omolola1(f): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
they are not twins! they are two different people, Aki must have done something that Pawpaw hasn't done!
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
Omolola1:

they are not twins! they are two different people, Aki must have done something that Pawpaw hasn't done!

What did he do?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2010
mehn, you cant have aki without pawpaw angry
Anywaz, I think pawpaw [the one in MR IBU] is funnier undecided
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by THEAMAKA(f): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

mehn, you cant have aki without pawpaw angry
Anywaz, I think pawpaw [the one in MR IBU] is funnier undecided
me too.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by eleshin(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
national hs no value dis days,d 9ja factor is always visible in evritin we do 4 9ja.man know man!
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
eleshin:

national hs no value dis days,d 9ja factor is always visible in evritin we do 4 9ja.man know man!

Its like they are dishing it out to every agbero now.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

mehn, you cant have aki without pawpaw  angry
Anywaz, I think pawpaw [the one in MR IBU] is funnier  undecided

If it was given on that grounds, why didn't they consider Mr Ibu Okafor or Bright Chikpe?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by mamagee3(f): 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2010
So, why should the other be given accolades when one of them is given some?

Are they twins or something?. . .Let's get over it already, they just happen to be blessed the same way that doesn't mean they are siamese twins.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by candylips(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2010
bastardization of national awards
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

If it was given on that grounds, why didn't they consider Mr Ibu Okafor or Bright Chikpe?
What grounds?

Aloy, what are you talking about? undecided
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What grounds?

Aloy, what are you talking about?  undecided

Weren't you comparing both of them based on how funny they are?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Weren't you comparing both of them based on how funny they are?
They both made a career together. Nobody knows about Aki without knowing PawPaw.

And yes, I think PawPaw is funnier. undecided

Why was Aki singled out? The award must have been based on something else.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

They both made a career together. Nobody knows about Aki without knowing PawPaw.

Are you accusing them of discrimination?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Are you accusing them of discrimination?
You're not going to put words in my mouth.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by mamagee3(f): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2010
candylips:

bastardization of national awards
What are you referring to?

Ileke-IdI:

The award shouldn't go to both of them simply because they play chilidh roles together.

They are two different people with the same abnormalities but they are not brothers nor siamese twins, they are simply friends.

And that's it!!!
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2010
First off, I want to know why he got the award. . .

What was this award thing based on?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You're not going to put words in my mouth.

I am not putting any word in your mouth because you are clearly accusing the organizers of tribalism.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

I am not putting any word in your mouth because you are clearly accusing the organizers of tribalism.
wtf? Arent they both Igbo?

Dude, dont be trying to dig me in a hole.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

wtf?  Arent they both Igbo?

Dude, dont be trying to dig me in a hole.
2 of them being igbo doesn't mean they come from the same tribe besides, people can discriminate against theirs. An ijebu person can discriminate against an egba person because they are of different tribes in Yorubaland. Gerrit?
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by AloyEmeka8: 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
mama-gee:

They are two different people with the same abnormalities but they are not brothers nor siamese twins, they are simply friends.

They look normal to me.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/37040_27205_aki_and_pawpaw_122_546lo_jpga342cf66ff51340ca7a3068287e42aa1
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

2 of them being igbo doesn't mean they come from the same tribe besides, people can discriminate against theirs. An ijebu person can discriminate against an egba person because they are of different tribes in Yorubaland. Gerrit?
You're obviously the one with a tribal mind here. This is not politic section, think str8 Aloy.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You're obviously the one with a tribal mind here. This is not politic section, think str8 Aloy.
seriously though. . . Aloy is on crack!!! what tribalism again?
and how is anyone thinking down the path of tribalism? na wa!
he really DOES need to go back to the politics section.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by mamagee3(f): 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

They look normal to me.
I meant abnormal in size.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

seriously though. . . Aloy is on crack!!! what tribalism again?
and how is anyone thinking down the path of tribalism? na wa!
he really DOES need to go back to the politics section.

lol
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by anitabest(f): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2010
happy 4 him.
Re: Aki Gets National Honour. Pawpaw Ingored! by Princessty(f): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2010
Chei How can u ignore Paw Paw And Give Aki dat is disrespectful

(1) (2) (Reply)

New And Exclusive Mercy Johnson Wedding In Pics / Inspiration FM Nana King Share Her Photo On Instagram / Photo: Alex Ekubo Childhood Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.