Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity (13030 Views)

IPOB Dissociates Itself From Biafra National Guard (BNG) / DSS Not Sponsoring Biafra National Guard To Enforce Sit-at-home Order - Army / BREAKING: Buhari Tells Uzodinma That He Will Assist Imo Battle Insecurity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Ritzy10(f): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
The Federal Government has reportedly resolved to engage the California National Guards in the United States in a bid to combat insecurity.

The Adjutant General of the California National Guard Maj Gen David Baldwin led Army delegates to pay a courtesy visit to the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai to spur the relationship between the two military institutions to greater level.

The Federal Government, as part of efforts to curb the wave of insecurity in the country, has resolved to engage the California National Guards in the United States.

Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, disclosed this Tuesday in Abuja when an American military led by Gen David Baldwin, paid him a courtesy visit.

Dambazau revealed that the National Guard would also train the Agro Rangers Squad of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps NSCDC, adding that the National Guard will also train other agencies under the ministry in disaster management.

“We want to seize this opportunity to express our gratitude on behalf of all the services under the ministry, for meeting with some of them and even offering to assist with some logistics to enhance their operations.

“Part of what we want you to do particularly to the Civil Defence you met today is to create what we call Agro Rangers because of the incessant clashes we have between the farmers and herdsmen and the constant kidnapping we have in the country.

We intend to provide adequate security that will help those that invested in agriculture to continue with their activities. We will want you to assist other agencies like the Fire services, Immigration and Prison in terms of training and logistics.

“We, at the ministry, focus on policies that will enhance the internal security of the country and we want to seek your collaboration at that level you see how we can manage our efforts towards security sector reforms.

“It is very important we reform our security sector to meet up with challenges of modern times. As you know, we have challenges of insurgency and terrorism which is a global issue. We should be able to collaborate with you on these issues.
“Beyond that, I am sure that there are other things we can do together.

National Guard is very important in the USA especially as it focuses on disaster management. We hope to leverage on the experiences you used in managing hurricane in the USA to manage disaster like the flooding we experienced this year in Nigeria,” he appealed.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Baldwin, said: “We are very proud of the progressives you have made in the service of humanity. There has been a strong relationship between the ministry and the US National Guard.
“We are here to explore other areas of partnership that will be of mutual benefit and to the people of Nigeria. We are interesting in the training of personnel especially those involved in the fight against insurgency and disaster management.

“We are here to dialogue and explore opportunities we can work together particularly in the areas of ICT and disaster response. We look forward to working with you,” he said.

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/fg-set-to-engage-us-national-guard-to-battle-insecurity/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by cooldipo(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
Shameful!

We need US president to take charge of the people forthwith

39 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Training that will amount to millions of babaringa

19 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by CodeTemplar: 8:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
Better late than never. APC gradually and grudgingly adopting measures they criticised 4 years ago.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Nbote(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hehehehe... I hear una. With d way d army and top ppl in d govt kips sabotaging efforts against insecurity Abi? Trust me top ppl in govt and d military are all in on it

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by whitebeard(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
This is very foolish...!

8 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by myright: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
whitebeard:
This is very foolish...!

say what?
Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by kettykin: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hmmn when there are no longer unarmed protesters to shoot

6 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by TheDevilIsALai: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Racoon(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
APC, is insincere and exhibiting double standard for being a party that once chastised immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan for seeking regional cooperation to finding solution to the challenge of insurgency, yet is now hailing President Muhammadu Buhari for taking the same step.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2015/06/07/pdp-accuses-apc-of-hypocrisy-over-buharis-quest-for-foreign-assistance/amp/

So from the "BH have been technically defeated" to "terribly downgraded", BH lacking the capacity to do major damage" the APC is about to engage the US Nat.Guards to defeat same monster they have defeated long ago including a $1B counter-insurgency fund?

Jonathan did it then seeking assistance of SA experts, the APC condemned it but today APC is reversing itself.APC hired Obama consultant for propaganda in 2015 but when PDP did same in 2018 APC is condemning it.APC hypocrisy is really nauseating.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by zombieTRACKER: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
Trump should quickly take over Aso rock too

The seat of power is clearly vacant and lifeless

17 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Omeokachie: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hahahahaha...

So Buhari now wants to beg American soldiers to come help him fight the "defeated" Boko haram? cheesy

I thought he rushed to pay for some aircrafts without following due process...aircrafts that is to be delivered in 2020 grin

So Buhari just go tie down our money in the U.S., and now needs U.S. soldiers to come help am, while ours are only good at shooting civilians on procession.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by mrjaydee(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Shameless country! Failed govt.. corrupt pigs as politicians. I spit on this country

9 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by EmirAbj: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
We Have Vigilante Groups In This Country, Why Not Equipped Them With Money, Weapons And Charms To Battle Boko Haram And Their Fulani Herdsmen Brotherhood Instead Of Hiring USA security Guards

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by downloadproject(f): 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
Any thing that will reduce this excessive killing is allowed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Kenekingisback: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ok to be headed by his inlaw abi shocked
Jonathan even did more than this and yet Lagos Media criticised him.

9 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by faithfull18(f): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
Few months to election, I am sure they had these plans all this while. But, why is this country like this People always doing the right things when they need a favour.

5 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Charly68: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Love Americans for their dedications and loyalty to their father land . They look focussed every time and that is the secret of their winning all the time
Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Firefire(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buhary, where is that $1b?

8 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
smiley

I hope that this won't be another conduit pipe to squander money. We just came out of failed Nigeria Air saga, grass importion saga, Aisha Buhari's aide saga, Adeosun and Shittu's NYSC saga and Buhari's WAEC saga, "future pre-ordered" military helicopter saga and NOW THIS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by udemzyudex(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Same people that were screaming about Gej bringing in securities from Israel?

4 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by udemzyudex(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Better late than never.
APC gradually and grudgingly adopting measures they criticised 4 years ago.

Exactly, very useless set of people, they have no shame.

7 Likes

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
faithfull18:
Few months to election, I am sure they had these plans all this while. But, why is this country like this People always doing the right things when they need a favour.
If you know, you know cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Tpave(m): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Laugh out loud

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good one

Nairalanders please I need a loan or sponsor to purchase a tricycle (Keke Napep) so I can ride it myself. I'm willing to use my B.Sc and NYSC certificates as collateral. I'm in Lagos State but I'm willing to relocate if need be.
If you can help me, kindly call or whatsapp me on 0 7 0 6 6 6 9 0 7 8 4
You can also click on the link on my signature to message me directly on whatsapp. Thank you
Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by kelexray(m): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
please where can I rent projector around Lagos island
Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by mudiana(m): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
What is the new minimum wage. I didn't hear any announcement about it again. Shey labor union don ganduje?
Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by gurunlocker: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Is Buhari not leading the battlefront again as promised?

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Patrioticman007(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Haters & wailers which way forward ?. Clueless Gej hired mercenaries ( merchants of death ). To fight Bokoharam with their boots on ground. While PMB is using USA guard's for training of Nigerian securities .which is obtainable around the world. Mr clueless GEJ awarded contracts for arms importations to fight insurgency, it was shamelessly stolen by PDP. Its disheartening that Nigerians are yet to sue PDP for all these atrocities committed by them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Set To Engage US National Guard To Battle Insecurity by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Does this mean Buhari will finally order his brothers to stop killing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Acquired ₦184 Billion 'Secret' Loan, Targets Fresh ₦150 Billion Loan / PDP Presidential Campaign Council Calls For Prayers For Wike / Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.