Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,340 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari (290 Views)

I’m Committed To PDP, Its Candidates’ Victories At The Polls - Pat Asadu / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari by ManirBK: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday expressed his commitment to having new National Minimum Wage Act for the country.
He spoke while receiving the report of the Tripartite Committee on the Review of National Minimum Wage that recommended N30,000 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He received the report from the committee’s chairman, Amal Pepple.
He said that having seen the argument of the government team on insisting on N24,000 and that of the organized labour that agreed N30,000, he would put in place the necessary machinery that would close out the open areas.
He said “Our plan is to transmit the Executive Bill to the National Assembly for passage within the shortest possible time. I am fully committed to having a new National Minimum Wage Act in the very near future.
“Let me use this opportunity to recognize the leadership of the organized labour and private sector as well as representatives of state and federal government for all your hard work. The fact that we are here today is a notable achievement.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/im-committed-to-new-minimum-wage-buhari/?fbclid
Mynd44 lalasticlala oam4j
Re: I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari by ManirBK: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
Congratulationsto the NLC for ‘waging war on wages and almost wining it. PMB and his team deserves some commendation for acceding to the popular demand of the Nigerian workers. I pray it should be implemented as soon as possible.
However, the main war expected from NLC should be against the huge amount of money earned by the executives and legislatures, because the cheating is just too much. For instance, if the proposed wage is implemented, then a minimum wage earner will receive
(₦30,000 X 12 months ) ₦360,000 per year, and if he works for 35YEARS, he will receive
(₦360,000X 35) ₦12.6Million as against the ₦13.5 million received by a Senator in a MONTH.
Re: I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari by LUGBE: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
You have no choice

1 Like

Re: I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2018
It's the workers right

Stop making it look like you're doing them a big favor .
Re: I’m Committed To New Minimum Wage – Buhari by Codebrain132590: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
nice

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Atiku Reinstates His Commitment To A Living Wage / Breaking(full Details): I Never Said I'll Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage -buhari / Peter Obi Is A Tribal Bigot – El-rufai Posted On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.