Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Why That Old Grandma In The Village Is Not A Witch - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why That Old Grandma In The Village Is Not A Witch (585 Views)

Hope Reunites With His Mother 7 Years After He Was Branded A Witch & Left To Die / Heartrending Moment A Small Boy Attacks His Grandma In US (video) / Lady Shares Picture Of Her 118-Year-Old Grandma - Check This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why That Old Grandma In The Village Is Not A Witch by teemy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
Old people keep cats but when by coincidence the pregnant young wife comes visiting and the pregnancy is lost, the real culprit gets away with it and is often overlooked.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x1049084/is-it-true-that-pregnant-women-shouldnt-be-around-cats

Cat poo can carry a parasite that causes an infection called toxoplasmosis. Some birds and other animals, as well as some raw, undercooked or cured meats, can also carry the parasite.

Toxoplasmosis won't make you seriously ill. However, if you pick it up for the first time during early pregnancy, it can cause miscarriage.

Fortunately, the odds of contracting toxoplasmosis during pregnancy are low. If you've had toxoplasmosis once, you can't catch it again. And if you live with cats, the likelihood is even higher that you've already contracted the disease and become immune to it.

If you have a cat, ask someone else to deal with the litter tray while you're pregnant. Ask them to change the litter every day. If you really have to change the litter yourself, use gloves to do the job and wash your hands afterwards.

So, before you or anyone points accusing fingers to an innocent old woman of sacrificing the baby, the toxoplasmosis infection should first be looked into.

Wishing you well - Teemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why That Old Grandma In The Village Is Not A Witch by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
I also think that that old grandma in the village is not a witch
What she probably is is too poor to celebrate the blessing, magic and miracle of her old age, this, giving people the nerve to label her so cruelly.
I will be like her, blessed with a long life, but unlike her I will be rich and with a good quality of life, such that nobody would be ever bold enough to call me a witch angry.

2 Likes

Re: Why That Old Grandma In The Village Is Not A Witch by teemy(m): 2:30am On Nov 08, 2018
merahki:
I also think that that old grandma in the village is not a witch
What she probably is is too poor to celebrate the blessing, magic and miracle of her old age, this, giving people the nerve to label her so cruelly.
I will be like her, blessed with a long life, but unlike her I will be rich and with a good quality of life, such that nobody would be ever bold enough to call me a witch angry.

Coincidentally it is only the poor that are witches. The bad thing also is that witchcraft is a crime under nigeria's penal code, good luck to the psycho ward cop trying to prove that in a scientific evidence driven judicial system. However, with criminalizing witchcraft like this, issues of child witches being persecuted will always exist.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Would That Car Or Those Designer Wears Be Worth In 5yrs Time / Pregnancy- An Influencer / Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.